Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

05 Jul 2013 18:47

LaFlorecita wrote:You are correct. I would not be a fan of Alberto if he'd always been a water carrier. Guess why? Because he caught my eye during tdf 07. But if he'd finish dead last from now on in every race, I'd still support him. Because I support Alberto the cyclist, and Alberto the person, not Alberto the cycling champion.

And what I said about british fans was me trying to explain Hitch's theory to you. And I must say I actually agree. Go to twitter and search for negative comments regarding Alberto. I find that most of these comments come from British people. It says a lot really.

Check british cycling websites. Check british tv during cycling broadcasts. It seems like Phil and Paul brainwashing all over again. A hero and a villain. Alberto is the villain in both cases.

Im glad you agree about being a fan when they do something good, just like if Froome suddenly goes crap I will still follow, but can you blame me for not being a fan when he was a not so good rider, of course they have to do something to make you a fan.:D I just think that its wrong to label people the same, most on here follow Cycling all the time on twitter its probably just the TDF.
User avatar TANK91

05 Jul 2013 19:39

"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jul 2013 20:06

arvc40 wrote:I like Froome, hes a great rider, but for me hes no more english than Contador. When bert attacks i get goosebumps so for this year im rooting for him. And the Goosebumps are a good indicator of class lol.

Funny stuff.

A point of correction, though. Froome speaks fluent English and was born in Kenya - a former Brit colony. Contador is Spanish through-and-through.

That said, it should be exciting to see these two go toe-to-toe in the mountains. I anticipate Contador will attack relentlessly while Froome does everything he can to stay with him or - even more hopefully - counter attack. Froome's TT advantage should be the factor that forces Contador to let it all go on the climbs.

That Contador vs. Schleck track-standing was entertaining, but nowhere near as entertaining as watching the best turn themselves inside-out to see who is the better man this year.
TheBean

05 Jul 2013 20:10

Great to hear him in English and good to hear 'every day I feel better' :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

05 Jul 2013 20:30

I want Contador and Schleck to ride like it's 2010 again. With their bellys filled with anger :D
And Andy to gift the stage because the team doesn't renew with his brother and he wants to go back to Riis.
User avatar trevim

05 Jul 2013 20:36

wow,thats awesome to hear Alberto in english,thanks:)
trevim wrote:I want Contador and Schleck to ride like it's 2010 again. With their bellys filled with anger :D
And Andy to gift the stage because the team doesn't renew with his brother and he wants to go back to Riis.

Me too:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

05 Jul 2013 20:38

TheBean wrote:Funny stuff.

A point of correction, though. Froome speaks fluent English and was born in Kenya - a former Brit colony. Contador is Spanish through-and-through.

That said, it should be exciting to see these two go toe-to-toe in the mountains. I anticipate Contador will attack relentlessly while Froome does everything he can to stay with him or - even more hopefully - counter attack. Froome's TT advantage should be the factor that forces Contador to let it all go on the climbs.

That Contador vs. Schleck track-standing was entertaining, but nowhere near as entertaining as watching the best turn themselves inside-out to see who is the better man this year.

Former brit colony. Speaks English with African accent. Has look and body of a Kenyan. lol. He can be uk if he knows what the Rovers Return is, or the queen vic. lol
arvc40

05 Jul 2013 20:56

Carols wrote:Great to hear him in English and good to hear 'every day I feel better' :)

His english has just improved so much :)
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jul 2013 21:21

[url]www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2KATucvlq9c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2KATucvlq9c[/url]

Legendary interview

'I don't know I cannot explain because ehhh.... I remember the night before with my teammate Jesus Hernandez in the room... tomorrow maybe we can attack.'

'In the descent I said Alberto try or not in the next climb.... try or not. I'm not sure but for the radio say hey, in the front, full gas, full gas in the front. And in the moment Bjarne says full gas in the front full gas in the front. In this moment I am not sure if I attack or not. But after 1 k of climb I said Alberto, this is the moment, maybe you cannot.... maybe you don't win, but if you don't try you never know this. And then attack.'

'But I am very happy because sometimes I said uff, maybe Alberto you cannot win, but I said no no, I need to fight for the victory, the second place is not good.'

What a legend
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jul 2013 22:17

I just get redirected to the front page on youtube if I click on fleurs link - here's a working link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KATucvlq9c
infeXio

05 Jul 2013 22:45

Bjarne will be there tomorrow, btw. He returned tonight. No wonder. :-)
fantomas

05 Jul 2013 23:02

fantomas wrote:Bjarne will be there tomorrow, btw. He returned tonight. No wonder. :-)

Really Bjarne is back? Awesome that will def help Alberto!
webbie146

05 Jul 2013 23:22

trevim wrote:I want Contador and Schleck to ride like it's 2010 again. With their bellys filled with anger :D

Contador and Schleck 2010 level climbing does not beat the Dawg.
User avatar SeriousSam

05 Jul 2013 23:33

LaFlorecita wrote:http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2KATucvlq9c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2KATucvlq9c

Legendary interview

'I don't know I cannot explain because ehhh.... I remember the night before with my teammate Jesus Hernandez in the room... tomorrow maybe we can attack.'

'In the descent I said Alberto try or not in the next climb.... try or not. I'm not sure but for the radio say hey, in the front, full gas, full gas in the front. And in the moment Bjarne says full gas in the front full gas in the front. In this moment I am not sure if I attack or not. But after 1 k of climb I said Alberto, this is the moment, maybe you cannot.... maybe you don't win, but if you don't try you never know this. And then attack.'

'But I am very happy because sometimes I said uff, maybe Alberto you cannot win, but I said no no, I need to fight for the victory, the second place is not good.'

What a legend

He speaks good English.
User avatar Poursuivant

05 Jul 2013 23:35

webbie146 wrote:Really Bjarne is back? Awesome that will def help Alberto!

Yup, he is. Maybe for some fireworks at Palhieres? :D
fantomas

05 Jul 2013 23:38

SeriousSam wrote:Contador and Schleck 2010 level climbing does not beat the Dawg.

Has Froome ever ridden fast for Ks and Ks like they did in 2010?
fantomas

05 Jul 2013 23:50

TheBean wrote:Funny stuff.

I dont expect Contador to attack at all. Theres a reason he brought Kreuziger Roche Rogers in and keeps talking about them in every interview since January and why they all made the TDF their goal for the season.

And i doubt its just to go solo the whole time like he did when he had mediocre climbers like eh, porte for example, in the team.

In fact i expect the plan is that if Froome attacks far out then Rogers Roche and Kreuziger will do pace work to try and bring him back or at least to save Contador some energy in the chase.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

06 Jul 2013 00:19

The Hitch wrote:I dont expect Contador to attack at all. Theres a reason he brought Kreuziger Roche Rogers in and keeps talking about them in every interview since January and why they all made the TDF their goal for the season.

And i doubt its just to go solo the whole time like he did when he had mediocre climbers like eh, porte for example, in the team.

In fact i expect the plan is that if Froome attacks far out then Rogers Roche and Kreuziger will do pace work to try and bring him back or at least to save Contador some energy in the chase.

Agree with this. Unlike years past AC has not relied on his own strength to neutralize moves so far (@ the TdF), but has had Roche or Roman take up the chase. Hopefully he continues to utilize their strength and marshall his own until needed.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

06 Jul 2013 00:21

Why would Froome attack from far out?
fantomas

06 Jul 2013 00:26

fantomas wrote:Why would Froome attack from far out?

To prove a point, just like Contador tries to do on the first mountain stage.
User avatar trevim

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing