Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Jul 2013 08:43

arvc40 wrote:All you kneed to know is Froome = 0 grand tour wins. Porte = 0 grand tour wins. Contador = 7


And Hinault won 10, Merckx won 11. Guess I know who I'm supporting for today!
Lanark
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,726
Joined: 12 May 2010 16:27

06 Jul 2013 08:54

Lanark wrote:And Hinault won 10, Merckx won 11. Guess I know who I'm supporting for today!


No sweetie those two are not riding today lol
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

06 Jul 2013 08:56

arvc40 wrote:No sweetie those two are not riding today lol


Ok, I'll give another example, in 2009, did you say 'Contador was won 3 GT's, Armstrong 7, that's all you need to know'?
Lanark
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,726
Joined: 12 May 2010 16:27

06 Jul 2013 09:04

Lanark wrote:Ok, I'll give another example, in 2009, did you say 'Contador was won 3 GT's, Armstrong 7, that's all you need to know'?


Another poor example. Armstrong was finished by 2005. Never thought he would beat bert in a million years.
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

06 Jul 2013 09:07

arvc40 wrote:Another poor example. Armstrong was finished by 2005. Never thought he would beat bert in a million years.


Ah, so there are more things you need to know than just the amount of GT's won.
Lanark
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,726
Joined: 12 May 2010 16:27

06 Jul 2013 09:15

Lanark wrote:Ah, so there are more things you need to know than just the amount of GT's won.


Yes, there are many factors. For me, once the 0 turns into at
least one GT win, then and only then will Froome have lived up to the hype. Lets see :)
arvc40
Junior Member
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 01 Jul 2013 15:27

06 Jul 2013 10:31

Flo you looking forward to today? or you nervous? I actually am quite nervous something tells me Alberto may actually lose no time I think Froome should go for it from 4 kms out and not wait till the end.:D
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

06 Jul 2013 10:44

Of course I haven't been looking forward to this stage and no I'm not nervous.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,840
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

06 Jul 2013 10:57

LaFlorecita wrote:Of course I haven't been looking forward to this stage and no I'm not nervous.


oh, then...

a big [SIZE="5"]:-*[/SIZE] to you! :)
Donkey
Junior Member
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 20 Jul 2010 06:18

06 Jul 2013 11:37

LaFlorecita wrote:Of course I haven't been looking forward to this stage and no I'm not nervous.


Don't lie Fleur ;)

If you're not nervous yet you'll be it when we're on the pailhères.

The 2 week journey of redemption starts now.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,351
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

06 Jul 2013 11:40

Donkey wrote:oh, then...

a big [SIZE="5"]:-*[/SIZE] to you! :)


:)

Miburo wrote:Don't lie Fleur ;)

If you're not nervous yet you'll be it when we're on the pailhères.

The 2 week journey of redemption starts now.


Yes I'll be nervous during the stage :p but I know what'll happen
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,840
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

06 Jul 2013 11:42

airstream wrote:Hitch simply can not forgive Porte that he did nothing for Saxo in 2011


If this was true there would be lots of posts from me in 2011 complaining about Porte not doing anything. Can you find any?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,712
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

06 Jul 2013 11:45

xrayvision wrote:Saxo have a plan for today, Dan Frost were interviewed last night, but couldn´t and wouldn´t reveal anything, as he said, also SKY reads the internet...


sir johann brentford has shown in the past he is one of the most tactically inept ds's out there. If they have an actual strategy besides telling the 9 strongest riders in the race to ride on the front all day so that 1 of them can win, then it will come from either reading the internet or from new staff.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,712
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

06 Jul 2013 11:49

airstream wrote:He was among 15 best climbers. For 1st GT and first year in Europe it's super yet.


He wasnt amongst the 15 best climbers. He finished between 15th and 20th in most of the stages as i recall + riders like Szmyd, Uran, CAS and many others showed on stages they were vastly superior to him also, even if they finished some stages behind him as they were working as domestiques.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,712
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

06 Jul 2013 11:51

The Hitch wrote:If this was true there would be lots of posts from me in 2011 complaining about Porte not doing anything. Can you find any?

If some want some of my posts regarding that issue, I'm here :D
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,286
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

06 Jul 2013 12:13

The Hitch wrote:If this was true there would be lots of posts from me in 2011 complaining about Porte not doing anything. Can you find any?


But at that point you prob had no idea Porte was gonna be a future GT contender at this level.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,351
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

06 Jul 2013 12:18

Miburo wrote:But at that point you prob had no idea Porte was gonna be a future GT contender at this level.


Do you mean that if hitch have known he could have complaint about it?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,937
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

06 Jul 2013 12:21

Zam_Olyas wrote:Do you mean that if hitch have known he could have complaint about it?


Well at that point he had no idea Porte was gonna be able to achieve that kinda level, so why would he complain then at that point that Porte didn't really help Contador?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,351
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

06 Jul 2013 12:23

Miburo wrote:Well at that point he had no idea Porte was gonna be able to achieve that kinda level, so why would he complain then at that point that Porte didn't really help Contador?


Again, Do you mean that at that point if hitch have known that Porte was gonna reach this kinda level, he could have complaint about it?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,937
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

06 Jul 2013 12:38

Zam_Olyas wrote:Again, Do you mean that at that point if hitch have known that Porte was gonna reach this kinda level, he could have complaint about it?


I don't know, but then it's way more likely for sure which was my point.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,351
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ataraxus, Black Betsy, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], LaFlorecita and 37 guests

Back to top