Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Jul 2013 12:55

Contador said to Rai's journalist that today it will be the first test to check where his legs stand at.
Then he was asked about his team and he said he couldn't be happier as he thinks he has the 2nd best team at this Tour.

NB: he answered in italian.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

06 Jul 2013 13:04

Doesn't sound very positive :(
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jul 2013 14:06

Miburo wrote:I don't know, but then it's way more likely for sure which was my point.

So, in other words, it was just a jab at sky/porte again.lol
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

06 Jul 2013 14:49

Today is the worst day Contador experienced on a bike, I have impression.
Gugashwill

06 Jul 2013 14:53

Today has to be the worst day Contador experienced on a bike, I have impression.
Gugashwill

06 Jul 2013 14:56

Gugashwill wrote:Today is the worst day Contador experienced on a bike, I have impression.

Gugashwill wrote:Today has to be the worst day Contador experienced on a bike, I have impression.

...and the most excited mood for you it seems :)
Donkey

06 Jul 2013 14:58

McLovin wrote:Regarding Bonascre, I think none of us knows what's going to hit us.I'm talking about Froome. Contador fans, Froome fans, Cameron Meyer fans, whatever...we don't have a clue. It's my opinion but I guess everybody feels it, even some don't like to admit it. Let's just hope that whatever this guy is going to do, he's honest. Cycling doesn't need another scam.

I have no glory bringing this because everybody felt it.
McLovin

06 Jul 2013 15:15

An off day. Not like he is going to get beaten by Nieve and ten Dam the rest of the tour ;)
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

06 Jul 2013 18:29

And of course he'll never be allowed to get away for a stage win.

He should drop out and focus on next season.
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jul 2013 18:33

LaFlorecita wrote:****

And of course he'll never be allowed to get away for a stage win.

He should drop out and focus on next season.

Really surprised with him today, I had a feeling he wouldn't be quite at his peak yet but he really struggled today, if he loses more time in the TT and up Ventoux then he could be allowed some room to get a win on one the final MTF possibly Alpe D'Huez?
[font="Century Gothic"]@pricey_88[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua"]Excited by the future, onboard the Yates' brothers bandwagon.[/font]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Mark Cavendish, 'fastest sprinter of all time' - L'Equipe.[/font]

JimmyFingers wrote:Ian Stannard no more, today he is christened Jan VandenStanerdt
User avatar Pricey_sky

06 Jul 2013 18:47

Nah Froome wants to dominate and humiliate Alberto. He'll never let him get away.

Kreuziger is stronger, they should let him go for gc and aim for stage wins with everyone else. No point in protecting Alberto to get him 6th place in gc.
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jul 2013 18:49

What I noticed is that Alberto has been getting progressively worse since Vuelta last year.
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jul 2013 18:50

Froome is crazy, but Contador normally should've been able to stay at least with the likes of Valverde and maybe even Porte
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

06 Jul 2013 18:53

LaFlorecita wrote:What I noticed is that Alberto has been getting progressively worse since Vuelta last year.

Hard to argue against that. He has another week until Ventoux so maybe he can show some form, it doesn't look good though when Belkin riders are riding away from him when a Contador in form would smoke them.
[font="Century Gothic"]@pricey_88[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua"]Excited by the future, onboard the Yates' brothers bandwagon.[/font]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Mark Cavendish, 'fastest sprinter of all time' - L'Equipe.[/font]

JimmyFingers wrote:Ian Stannard no more, today he is christened Jan VandenStanerdt
User avatar Pricey_sky

06 Jul 2013 18:55

Red Rick wrote:Froome is crazy, but Contador normally should've been able to stay at least with the likes of Valverde and maybe even Porte

I agree with this.

Perhaps he really is feeling that crash from stage 1 :(
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

06 Jul 2013 18:59

Netserk wrote:I agree with this.

Yep, i'm looking forward to what he says about this
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

06 Jul 2013 19:01

Netserk wrote:I agree with this.

I don't think so, he's been **** all season. A virus maybe? Or maybe he has really been struggling in training. No motivation and maybe that's why he moved to Lugano? Only teammates there so nothing to do but train.
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jul 2013 19:09

LaFlorecita wrote:I don't think so, he's been **** all season. A virus maybe? Or maybe he has really been struggling in training. No motivation and maybe that's why he moved to Lugano? Only teammates there so nothing to do but train.

Could it be the allergy or the high temperatures in this stage? I remember he had a similar stage in the Vuelta 2012 where he limited his losses to 39 sec or something.

There should be some explanation for this. I refuse to believe this is his form at the moment...
nikohale

06 Jul 2013 19:09

LaFlorecita wrote:Nah Froome wants to dominate and humiliate Alberto. He'll never let him get away.

Kreuziger is stronger, they should let him go for gc and aim for stage wins with everyone else. No point in protecting Alberto to get him 6th place in gc.

They should make Kreuziger free from team work at least tomorrow and at Mont Ventoux to see what he can do himself. If he will not be better than Contador he'll become a helper again.
User avatar airstream

06 Jul 2013 19:25

From FB:

Bad day on the Tour, sensations were not good, I hope they will change! Thanks to the team & Roman impressive, tomorrow will be a new day.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing