Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

07 Jul 2013 20:58

WTF guys...???

Yes I'm sad too but I'm not ending his career yet...
I love to watch him race even if He is not at his best... relax, He will try it at the right moment just wait plz... and STOP talking like his career is coming to an end :mad:
"Inspired by Climbing"
Allez Contador!
User avatar Ryaguas

07 Jul 2013 21:01

Jelantik wrote:alberto twitter
Tough day of wear in the Tour,it seems that legs works better,tomorrow rest day. ;-)

yes, I read that and replied that already :D
Donkey

07 Jul 2013 21:47

Jelantik wrote:Well, contador said he was feeling better and today's was a hard day for him. Hm, not good sign. But one thing I learned today, TDF isn't just about Ax3. What a fireworks stage. I'm quietly satisfied, that finally movistar put a clammed on porte's big mouth. Top form ey porte? Where's the rest of sky team? How come you loose 11 minutes from what you called the rider who chased form?. Good luck carving that back in ITT. Sky 1-2? yeah right.. Dream on mate, dream on. This isn't 2012 TDF.

Good news, TST still looked strong, particularly Kreuziger. I'm still hopeful (even though everyone has given up), that contador will slowly get better. He did horrible TT at dauphine, just to bounce back in the mountain. If he's old nemesis andy refused to rule contador out, why should we? The last time i check.. the fat french lady hasn't singing yet

andy's article after Ax3:
Schleck was reluctant, too, to write off the chances of his old sparring partner Alberto Contador, with whom he shared a memorable duel on Ax 3 Domaines in the 2010 Tour. “It’s hard to judge him today. There was the heat and his allergies, plus it’s the first mountain stage. There were plenty of people who lost time today – only Froome didn’t.”

Not in top 3? well I won't throw the towel yet. He wasn't far off from valverde *just 26 seconds*. (b/c valverde is no purito) To win it? yeah, with that amount of loss and definitely on next ITT, plus Froome strength, to win it would be his own alpe d'huez to climb for Alberto. If Kreuziger doesn't fade, maybe 2 TST in the podium. *girl can dream* :p Unless movistar is willing to unleash the colombian demolition derby with/without valverde best interest in mind.

You need to chill, keep relying on the 3rd week it int happening you been 1 of a few optimists who all year have put the performances down to peaking for the TDF. Contador is not even in the top 5 of strongest riders, the ITT will tell more. Only thing stopping Froome winning is if Sky fail again, their is only 1 more multi mountain stage left. Froome is the strongest by far, if Movistar were not so silly yday and blow Quintana up he could possibly be more of a rival, as Valverde has zero chance.
User avatar TANK91

07 Jul 2013 22:39

Im still waiting for that Saxo tactic master plan.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

07 Jul 2013 22:51

He will surely lose too much in the two TT's. He lost nearly 3 minutes in the Dauphine TT, let's say he loses 3 minutes in both TT's combined, even that leaves him with almost 5 minutes to make up. And he is clearly not in "vintage Contador" form. Also, Froome looks super strong in the mountains.
User avatar Poursuivant

07 Jul 2013 23:35

TANK91 wrote:You need to chill, keep relying on the 3rd week it int happening you been 1 of a few optimists who all year have put the performances down to peaking for the TDF. Contador is not even in the top 5 of strongest riders, the ITT will tell more. Only thing stopping Froome winning is if Sky fail again, their is only 1 more multi mountain stage left. Froome is the strongest by far, if Movistar were not so silly yday and blow Quintana up he could possibly be more of a rival, as Valverde has zero chance.

LOL.. you are funny Tank. I'm chillin' like a cucumber :D. I'm a fan, so I can be optimist too. *duh* That's what fans does. Whining, dreaming, complaining, lofty prediction etc, etc, Besides this is TDF, the biggest race in the planet. Just like you believe that porte will crush contador. :p Well performance wise, he was superior all year long too wasn't he? Winning Paris-Nice and even passed contador in the ITT. Pushing contador down on GC at Dauphine. With Froome/Porte performance all year long, everyone said it might as well a repeat of sky 1-2. (especially after Ax3). Porte even said it in his interview. He said that they did 1-2 all year long.

Oww, how wrong we are huh?? Today with a soooooo much weaker contador *weaker than the rest of his season*, Porte was the "ONLY" casualty of today's attack. He nose-dived out of the contention.. It just shows "anything can happen". TDF isn't over yet *ask the fat french lady* :D.

And *maybe* you are right about contador not winning TDF. But you also said that he won't be in top 10 let alone top 5 or 3. *he is in 6 position now* hmmm, I would rather hold my comment until the fat french lady finally to stop eating her donut and start bellying up her voice across the france. :p
User avatar Jelantik

07 Jul 2013 23:40

The Hitch wrote:Im still waiting for that Saxo tactic master plan.

"patient young jedi, patient":D

*i'm waiting too*:p
User avatar Jelantik

08 Jul 2013 00:00

Jelantik wrote:"patient young jedi, patient":D

*i'm waiting too*:p

Im half expecting that masterplan to be revealed as - hah, we fooled you lot into talking up Saxobank and tinkoff the whole race. Now we gained x millions in free advertisement. Ha.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

08 Jul 2013 00:41

The Hitch wrote:Im half expecting that masterplan to be revealed as - hah, we fooled you lot into talking up Saxobank and tinkoff the whole race. Now we gained x millions in free advertisement. Ha.

What did you say during the vuelta before fuente de? ;)

It's gonna be real difficult but this is Contador. I know he'll try something crazy, he's the only one who really doesn't care where he'll end up in GC if it's not first. A guy you used to call the great one.

Are you just gonna talk **** about him the whole time now, how he sucks? Do that in 2 weeks when the tour is over :D
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

08 Jul 2013 01:21

Jelantik wrote:ow boy, just saw in another forum. Noval withdrawl???? That's a blow for contador..

I don't know…Contador won't have to worry about Noval stealing his breakfast for the rest of the tour ;)
Viking

08 Jul 2013 02:17

Jelantik wrote:LOL.. you are funny Tank. I'm chillin' like a cucumber :D. I'm a fan, so I can be optimist too. *duh* That's what fans does. Whining, dreaming, complaining, lofty prediction etc, etc, Besides this is TDF, the biggest race in the planet. Just like you believe that porte will crush contador. :p Well performance wise, he was superior all year long too wasn't he? Winning Paris-Nice and even passed contador in the ITT. Pushing contador down on GC at Dauphine. With Froome/Porte performance all year long, everyone said it might as well a repeat of sky 1-2. (especially after Ax3). Porte even said it in his interview. He said that they did 1-2 all year long.

Oww, how wrong we are huh?? Today with a soooooo much weaker contador *weaker than the rest of his season*, Porte was the "ONLY" casualty of today's attack. He nose-dived out of the contention.. It just shows "anything can happen". TDF isn't over yet *ask the fat french lady* :D.

And *maybe* you are right about contador not winning TDF. But you also said that he won't be in top 10 let alone top 5 or 3. *he is in 6 position now* hmmm, I would rather hold my comment until the fat french lady finally to stop eating her donut and start bellying up her voice across the france. :p

Yes I know but its annoying when all year most new this would be the way, yet some thought he would somehow race bad on purpose and peak for the TDF. UNBELIEVABLE.

And lol when did I say he would not get top 10. I may have said after yday he will struggle for podium though, and I also predicted Kreuziger could well be stronger before the TDF and people laughed.
User avatar TANK91

08 Jul 2013 04:44

The Hitch wrote:Im still waiting for that Saxo tactic master plan.

When the master plan and all else fails, throw out the race book. Contador to go on a suicide move and attack from 60-100K out. :cool: and bring Andy and Nairo with him with him, and there's your podium. :cool:
User avatar Afrank

08 Jul 2013 06:18

TANK91 wrote:You need to chill, keep relying on the 3rd week it int happening you been 1 of a few optimists who all year have put the performances down to peaking for the TDF. Contador is not even in the top 5 of strongest riders, the ITT will tell more. Only thing stopping Froome winning is if Sky fail again, their is only 1 more multi mountain stage left. Froome is the strongest by far, if Movistar were not so silly yday and blow Quintana up he could possibly be more of a rival, as Valverde has zero chance.

Wait you are telling someone else to chill? Rofl. Chill and stop jumping on everyone who doesn't say 'Froome's gonna win by 5 minutes plus because he is a BOSS lol lmao'
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jul 2013 06:23

TANK91 wrote:Yes I know but its annoying when all year most new this would be the way, yet some thought he would somehow race bad on purpose and peak for the TDF. UNBELIEVABLE.

And lol when did I say he would not get top 10. I may have said after yday he will struggle for podium though, and I also predicted Kreuziger could well be stronger before the TDF and people laughed.

Andy says hello TANK91.

Listen up, not everyone expected this. Oh the great TANK91 predicted Alberto would suck, what a grand prediction!! You know some people actually trust Alberto when he says he's peaking for tdf. Obviously that's not the case so he will probably lose this tour. So what?! Nobody's making a big deal out of it except for you. Just go gloat somewhere else.
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jul 2013 07:12

Kreuziger seems to be bringing more form into the tour than Contador. Saxo would do well to switch their focus over to him.
User avatar darwin553

08 Jul 2013 07:23

darwin553 wrote:Kreuziger seems to be bringing more form into the tour than Contador. Saxo would do well to switch their focus over to him.

And you think you know more about the team from your armchair than Saxo. Whenever Saxo decide to switch to Roman is the right time, as long as they don't we can be assured Alberto is the better bet.
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jul 2013 07:27

LaFlorecita wrote:And you think you know more about the team from your armchair than Saxo. Whenever Saxo decide to switch to Roman is the right time, as long as they don't we can be assured Alberto is the better bet.

Saxo's loss I guess...remember Contador was doing well to keep up with Mick Rogers at times during the Dauphiné...:rolleyes:
User avatar darwin553

08 Jul 2013 07:28

Tomorrow will tell...I must say I'm surprised by Kreuziger so far after so many failed attempts in GTs. The Giro last year was not bad until he had a bad day. Besides he helped Bertie on Saturday without any showboating, just the required small gap to try to make Bertie go faster. Well done!
webvan

08 Jul 2013 07:30

darwin553 wrote:Saxo's loss I guess...remember Contador was doing well to keep up with Mick Rogers at times during the Dauphiné...:rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? He worked for Mick after he lost a lot of time in the tt. He was stronger than Mick on the two mtfs and on the other mountain stage he lost a few seconds after drilling it on the front for 15k :rolleyes:
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jul 2013 07:31

LaFlorecita wrote:And you think you know more about the team from your armchair than Saxo. Whenever Saxo decide to switch to Roman is the right time, as long as they don't we can be assured Alberto is the better bet.

Well tbh I think Darwin has a point that at the moment Kreuziger is stronger, BUT we all know that Krezuger will alwas falter at some point, and at least have one bad day that will make Contador's bad day to AX3 seem like nothing. I think that Contador will be much stronger than Kreuziger in the Alps, but we will see.

Btw it really annoyes that Movistar and Saxo didnt ride togetehr against from yesterday. Movistar seemed more busy riding for 2nd in the GC than actually going all or nothing for the yellow. At that area COntador is different and we will see Contador going for all or nothing in the Alps at some point. But I just fear taht Movistar will help Sky reel him back in, unless Contador already has a nice gap to Valverde and Quintana at that point. A real shame that they all dont only focus on yellow.
User avatar Cimber

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing