Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

08 Jul 2013 07:32

LaFlorecita wrote:Are you kidding me? He worked for Mick after he lost a lot of time in the tt. He was stronger than Mick on the two mtfs and on the other mountain stage he lost a few seconds after drilling it on the front for 15k :rolleyes:


I did say 'at times' ;)
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 07:34

Cimber wrote:Well tbh I think Darwin has a point that at the moment Kreuziger is stronger, BUT we all know that Krezuger will alwas falter at some point, and at least have one bad day that will make Contador's bad day to AX3 seem like nothing. I think that Contador will be much stronger than Kreuziger in the Alps, but we will see.

Btw it really annoyes that Movistar and Saxo didnt ride togetehr against from yesterday. Movistar seemed more busy riding for 2nd in the GC than actually going all or nothing for the yellow. At that area COntador is different and we will see Contador going for all or nothing in the Alps at some point. But I just fear taht Movistar will help Sky reel him back in, unless Contador already has a nice gap to Valverde and Quintana at that point. A real shame that they all dont only focus on yellow.


Yes he is stronger at the moment but I believe that will change and Alberto will finish podium and Kreuziger somewhere in top 10.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 07:35

darwin553 wrote:I did say 'at times' ;)


And at times means? The time trial? Mick would've beaten Alberto regardless of Alberto's form.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 07:36

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes he is stronger at the moment but I believe that will change and Alberto will finish podium and Kreuziger somewhere in top 10.


Even if it isn't this Tour and Saxo continue to support Contador for the win (albeit blindly if it turns out he is not their no.1 bet), could we see in the future if Kreuziger and Contador remain in the team together the decision that Contador becomes the official domestique of Kreuziger ?? :confused:
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 07:38

darwin553 wrote:Even if it isn't this Tour and Saxo continue to support Contador for the win (albeit blindly if it turns out he is not their no.1 bet), could we see in the future if Kreuziger and Contador remain in the team together the decision that Contador becomes the official domestique of Kreuziger ?? :confused:


In a few years time maybe. No way Alberto is going to be support next year.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 07:39

darwin553 wrote:Even if it isn't this Tour and Saxo continue to support Contador for the win (albeit blindly if it turns out he is not their no.1 bet), could we see in the future if Kreuziger and Contador remain in the team together the decision that Contador becomes the official domestique of Kreuziger ?? :confused:


No. I dont think Kreuziger will ever win a GT. He always have that offday when ridign as a captain in a GT. He is better off riding as captain in 1 day races and 1 week stage races and then super dom in GTs. Riding as a super dom might actually secure him better GC results since he rides with less pressure (and it might be the pressure that makes him falter).

However, I do hope Saxo will use him tactically and send him on the attack some day (they actually did that yesterday but Movistar helped Froome reel Kreuziger group in)
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,868
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

08 Jul 2013 07:46

LaFlorecita wrote:In a few years time maybe. No way Alberto is going to be support next year.


Not sure Riis will be satisfied with just having a GC podium contending team. He would much rather overall GC, you would think??
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 07:47

darwin553 wrote:Not sure Riis will be satisfied with just having a GC podium contending team. He would much rather overall GC, you would think??


The chance to win gc is much higher with Alberto than with Roman.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 07:49

LaFlorecita wrote:The chance to win gc is much higher with Alberto than with Roman.


That maybe so but Contador's chances of getting a podium far outstrips his chances of achieving the win.
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 07:49

darwin553 wrote:Not sure Riis will be satisfied with just having a GC podium contending team. He would much rather overall GC, you would think??


Kreuziger will never be a GT winner. At least not a Tour winner.
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,868
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

08 Jul 2013 07:58

Cimber wrote:Kreuziger will never be a GT winner. At least not a Tour winner.


I'm not saying Kreuziger is Riis' man, someone has to be though - maybe Wiggins?? :D
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 08:05

darwin553 wrote:I'm not saying Kreuziger is Riis' man, someone has to be though - maybe Wiggins?? :D


Wiggins will never win another GT.

I dont think they will give up on Contador. If he flops next year they might make him to Giro + Vuelte for the future. But I dont think they are considering changing leader just yet.
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,868
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

08 Jul 2013 08:06

darwin553 wrote:That maybe so but Contador's chances of getting a podium far outstrips his chances of achieving the win.


He just has to pick the right races. Not the races with the tough opposition.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 08:08

LaFlorecita wrote:He just has to pick the right races. Not the races with the tough opposition.


Which is opposite to his tours of the past where he has looked to totally dominate. I get those qualities more from Froome though this year...
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 08:25

darwin553 wrote:Which is opposite to his tours of the past where he has looked to totally dominate. I get those qualities more from Froome though this year...


Wut. Isn't that the whole point of this discussion, that he isn't as good as he used to be?
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jul 2013 08:29

LaFlorecita wrote:Wut. Isn't that the whole point of this discussion, that he isn't as good as he used to be?


And he can only pick and choose the stages that he can be good at rather than look to be good on every climb. A sign that Riis should be starting to make plans for life without Contador...
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 08:30

LaFlorecita wrote:Wut. Isn't that the whole point of this discussion, that he isn't as good as he used to be?


Nope he isnt, but is much more likeable though.His win in the Vuelta while not as awe inspiring as pre ban,was so much more exciting,gritty believable etc etc
[SIZE="4"]Proud SKY fanboy since 22/08/2012[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]"You have no idea the power of the dark side of the Force"[/SIZE]
User avatar User Guide
Junior Member
 
Posts: 703
Joined: 21 May 2010 15:31
Location: not there,here

08 Jul 2013 08:32

User Guide wrote:Nope he isnt, but is much more likeable though.His win in the Vuelta while not as awe inspiring as pre ban,was so much more exciting,gritty believable etc etc


Why is he more likeable? Because he is more flamboyant on the bike??
User avatar darwin553
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,090
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 11:49

08 Jul 2013 08:36

darwin553 wrote:Why is he more likeable? Because he is more flamboyant on the bike??


I was comparing pre and post ban Bertie not him vrs other riders
[SIZE="4"]Proud SKY fanboy since 22/08/2012[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]"You have no idea the power of the dark side of the Force"[/SIZE]
User avatar User Guide
Junior Member
 
Posts: 703
Joined: 21 May 2010 15:31
Location: not there,here

08 Jul 2013 08:37

darwin553 wrote:Why is he more likeable? Because he is more flamboyant on the bike??


I became a Contador fan after his epic meltdown in Paris Nice (in 2009 IIrc). I often find riders more likeable with they not only win big but also lose big. Og and then regarding Contador he never rides for 2nd. He rather risk it all (which we saw in the Vuelta last year).

In that regard I also think I am growing into being a Schleck fan. After his huge downfall I hope that both he and Frank will comeback to the top. Yesterday gave me hope of that.
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,868
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arredondo, BigMac, Billie, burning, Dadc1994, Escarabajo, Geraint Too Fast, Google [Bot], ice&fire, irondan, Jakob747, MatParker117, Miburo, MrTea1976, roundabout, TMP402, veji11 and 75 guests

Back to top