Register

The Official Moser is the new Moser Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

04 Jun 2014 19:35

Stop mocking my title :mad:

Cannondale needs to do something about its riders, not just Moser. The whole team has had ridiculously poor results. How many UCI points would they have without Sagan?
User avatar SafeBet

04 Jun 2014 20:06

SafeBet wrote:Stop mocking my title :mad:

Cannondale needs to do something about its riders, not just Moser. The whole team has had ridiculously poor results. How many UCI points would they have without Sagan?

26:D

10 Char
del1962

04 Jun 2014 22:58

Still plenty of room on the Ulissi bandwagon.
User avatar jaylew

05 Jun 2014 00:52

SafeBet wrote:Stop mocking my title :mad:

So the Official no one dare mock Moreno Moser! He IS the new Moser you ****! Thread? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yeah Cannondale definitely needs to bring more out from their riders, and get some new ones while their at it. After all Moser doesn't appear destined to become the new Moser so his paycheck probably needs to be lowered to make room for new not yet lost causes of riders...The Official Thread.

okay, I'll just see myself out. :o
User avatar Afrank

05 Jun 2014 04:58

So Mr. Amadio doesn't realize he has a problem?
Cannondale is real trouble and the team will degrade to Pro-Conti next year when they lose Sagan.
The team is very poor with only little poor highlight, say Formolo or Wurf. But wtf results for their big guns like Viviani, Basso, Gatto, etc.? And their young riders are also in trouble, not only Moser.
Villella had a decent autumn actions last year but disappear this season.
Bettiol and Mohoric have talent but did nothing except some suicide breakaway.
Krizek and Koch turn into mediocre domestique
Agostini ended his career (while got nothing in pro rank)
Moser fades
Considering Bodnar and Koren's performances and trajectory of their career, I'm worry these young men will follow Bodnar/Koren's way, not counting Maciej Paterski's improve in CCC Polsat after he left Cannondale.

Something really goes wrong for the team!!!
User avatar coimbrawu

05 Jun 2014 06:15

Cannondale needs to look for a partner team to merge with, otherwise its game over imo.
Dazed and Confused

05 Jun 2014 07:03

coimbrawu wrote:Something really goes wrong for the team!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with the departure of Paolo Slongo and the superscientific approach of new coach Sebastian Weber.

Not sure about the Pro-Conti thing, though. If Sagan leaves, that frees up a big chunk of their budget and they can buy riders and points. Bouhanni would be an obvious pick, for instance.
User avatar fauniera

05 Jun 2014 07:59

fauniera wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with the departure of Paolo Slongo and the superscientific approach of new coach Sebastian Weber.

Not sure about the Pro-Conti thing, though. If Sagan leaves, that frees up a big chunk of their budget and they can buy riders and points. Bouhanni would be an obvious pick, for instance.

imo the problem exists for some time, not for Slongo nor Weber. Moser is lost for more than 1 year. But maybe it really worsen the problem: traditional Italian cycling culture could't coordinate with modern training method? I'm not sure.
In other part, the team could not give more free space for the team members. The team has to spent so much time in US or Asian doing some business work (which is part of reason Nibali left as he didn't want to use ToC as warm up for tdf or skip giro). The whole team spends extra time doing something they don't need. And I was surprised for many times they didn't attend those small Italian .1, .HC races, which should be good for these young riders to get confidence. They lack of money so they have to do so??
User avatar coimbrawu

05 Jun 2014 08:43

Last spring, right after the Cobbled Classics I heard from a friend near Viviani that some riders were complaining with the poor form they had and were upset with the team trainer.
By seeing how the season went so far for Moser, it might well be true.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

Previous

Return to Professional road racing