Register

Sky

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

13 Jul 2018 08:18

I agree with the first part of this, as I've already intimated by my previous reply to Tos, however I strongly disagree with your final comment.

I totally understand the connection between what came out of SDBs mouth and the actual realities of the team life. I don't think it is xenophobia at all in general I think it is understandable annoyance at hypocrisy. (although I can think of one Australian poster who's output on this forum is almost 100% on Sky Doping or British administrator threads, many of which he started and I'm beginning to wonder if he'd suffering from the old Aussie chip on the shoulder, which the younger generation have got over thankfully).
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re:

13 Jul 2018 08:37

macbindle wrote:I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the best riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

It's hard for some people to cope with that when they want simple, comfortable binaries of good vs evil.

He is full of sh1t though.

I think he is very similar to Armstrong, and he will be undone in a similar way. Froome I could tolerate if he was just left to keep his mouth shut and do omerta like everyone else, as he is quite an entertaining rider when he is fully on it. But DB has to give it the marginal gains/fluffy pillows BS when it's obvious they are just doing all the same stuff everyone else is doing, but with more money.

I think with the whole 2012 sporting unicorns dream we were asking for it, for legitimate historical reasons people love the Brits as villains, and ruthless winning is not our thing.
Winterfold

Re: Re:

13 Jul 2018 17:35

Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
macbindle wrote:I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the vest riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

It's hard for some people to cope with that when they want simple, comfortable binaries of good vs evil.

That's not our province
we deal with the doper/clean binary

That's clearly not true. Otherwise there would be as many topics on the other teams as there are on sky. As I've been told many times by the tin hatters 'everyone is doping'.
Why isn't there a thread on how disgusting it is that Valverde keeps winning races at nearly 40, he shouldn't be racing at all, the cheating doping ****.
Why isn't there a thread on Nibali, he spent years riding for the dirtiest team in the peloton, always seems to get stronger when everyone else is weakening. We've seen how strong his moral code is when he hung on the back of the team car. Keep telling yourselves it's just doping, when you know deep down it's petty jealousy and xenophobia.

I am a proud British citizen who started following cycling in July 2012. I cheered for Bradly Wiggins and team sky with ignorant bliss! As I delved deeper into the history of the sport on YouTube and else where my rational brain quickly deduced that what sky had achieved with Bradly was in fact very fishy. By July 2013 my feelings towards Team Sky had completely changed, since then the giant mountain of sh%t that has emanated from the team has only re inforced my (negative) feelings toward them.

Jealousy and xenophobia have nothing to do with it.
chuuurles

13 Jul 2018 18:15

Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
macbindle wrote:I don't disagree, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that his team has won 7 Grand Tours in 6 years. That takes some doing, and despite his combatitive side with the press the guy clearly has some pretty good organisational skills. It's a bit like Armstrong...drugs had something to do with it but at the same time it wasnt just drugs. You also have to acknowledge that some of the vest riders in the world choose to ride for Sky. The pariah nature of The team doesn't exist within the peloton, despite what some here would have you believe.

That's not our province

That's clearly not true. Otherwise there would be as many topics on the other teams as there are on sky. As I've been told many times by the tin hatters 'everyone is doping'.
Why isn't there a thread on how disgusting it is that Valverde keeps winning races at nearly 40, he shouldn't be racing at all, the cheating doping ****.
Why isn't there a thread on Nibali, he spent years riding for the dirtiest team in the peloton, always seems to get stronger when everyone else is weakening. We've seen how strong his moral code is when he hung on the back of the team car. Keep telling yourselves it's just doping, when you know deep down it's petty jealousy and xenophobia.

Valverde: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22200&hilit=Valverde plus other threads.

Nibali: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8517&hilit=Nibali plus other threads.

Maybe do a simple search next time instead of talking rubbish.
Bronstein

13 Jul 2018 18:51

Bronstein wrote:
Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:

That's not our province

Those topics getting a lot of traction lately?
Last edited by Singer01 on 13 Jul 2018 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Singer01

13 Jul 2018 18:52

chuuurles wrote:
Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:

That's not our province

I am a proud British citizen who started following cycling in July 2012. I cheered for Bradly Wiggins and team sky with ignorant bliss! As I delved deeper into the history of the sport on YouTube and else where my rational brain quickly deduced that what sky had achieved with Bradly was in fact very fishy. By July 2013 my feelings towards Team Sky had completely changed, since then the giant mountain of sh%t that has emanated from the team has only re inforced my (negative) feelings toward them.

For you you mean, you don't get to speak for all the other nutjobs.
Singer01

13 Jul 2018 21:48

Singer01 wrote:
chuuurles wrote:
Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:

That's not our province

For you you mean, you don't get to speak for all the other nutjobs.

You speak the truth.
Alpe73

13 Jul 2018 23:34

Singer01 wrote:
Bronstein wrote:
Singer01 wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:

That's not our province

Those topics getting a lot of traction lately?

They would if there was an army of rabbid magic-bullet-theory-concocting fans ready to lap up whatewer the newest nausea inducing lie comes out of their favorites mouth. However, there isn't. Used to be Postal and Lance. Now it's Sky and Dawg. I sure do miss Lance.
User avatar zastomito

18 Jul 2018 15:47

That made me physically ill.
User avatar Saint Unix

18 Jul 2018 15:49

Evil Sky cheating squeaky clean Dumoulin, Quintana, Landa and Nibbles.

:lol:
User avatar macbindle

18 Jul 2018 15:51

.............believe in the unbelievable...........................

that hit the G spot

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

18 Jul 2018 15:52

at this point,whatever drugs they doin its immoral to withhold them from public...that sh*t could save lifes,its clearly making the whole team performing above 90s epo connoisseurs
saganftw

Re:

18 Jul 2018 15:53

macbindle wrote:Evil Sky cheating squeaky clean Dumoulin, Quintana, Landa and Nibbles.

Lol. Did you watch all climbers get dropped by Thomas?

What about 6 riders on the last mountain climb. At least be more objective.
Last edited by Escarabajo on 18 Jul 2018 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

18 Jul 2018 15:54

Ahhhhhhh. That sinking feeling when you think you've been watching a cycling race, but find out it's actually professional wrestling. Tasty.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

18 Jul 2018 15:54

Seeing Thomas win is just too much!
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

18 Jul 2018 15:55

The other team leaders must be totally exasperated, different year same crushing machine. Once the race hits the mountains its over with a week and a half to go. Mountain goats simply hanging on for dear life and then left for dead by Skys.
ontheroad

18 Jul 2018 15:56

It is just a bad scripted show at this point... smh smh smh

Season 5 of this ****
Last edited by Salvarani on 18 Jul 2018 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Salvarani

Re:

18 Jul 2018 15:56

macbindle wrote:Evil Sky cheating squeaky clean Dumoulin, Quintana, Landa and Nibbles.

Whatever Sky are doing it's completely different level gear.
ontheroad

18 Jul 2018 16:06

Funny how nobody noticed TTer Dumoulin dropping all the climbers...
User avatar macbindle

18 Jul 2018 16:08

ontheroad wrote:

Whatever Sky are doing it's completely different level gear.

It's been brought up before on this forum, but how sure are we Sky doesn't use their seemingly endless budget to get their hands on some next level experimental drugs (the new definition of marginal gains)?
scapewalker

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic