Register

Peter Sagan discussion thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Jun 2012 16:28

El Pistolero wrote:Haven't seen a lot of that I must say.

You havent been looking....

His positioning and conduct in the sprint belies a much older rider.

Of course his racing on the cobbles lacked intelligence but that will come with experience and he certainly has the basic ingredients.
User avatar Froome19

12 Jun 2012 16:32

Froome19 wrote:You havent been looking....

Of course his racing on the cobbles lacked intelligence but that will come with experience and he certainly has the basic ingredients.

one gets the feeling watching him race that he wants to test his capacities and explore possibilities beyond sprinting for stage wins. It will be interesting to see him evolve.
User avatar Dedelou

12 Jun 2012 16:33

Froome19 wrote:You havent been looking....

That's not what I call racing smarts. That's what I call fearless. To each his own I guess.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Jun 2012 16:36

El Pistolero wrote:That's not what I call racing smarts. That's what I call fearless. To each his own I guess.

Did you see today's stage?
Dropping back onto Burghardt's wheel and then taking it from the front that was a piece of genius certainly.
User avatar Froome19

12 Jun 2012 16:49

Froome19 wrote:Did you see today's stage?
Dropping back onto Burghardt's wheel and then taking it from the front that was a piece of genius certainly.

That was quite impressive... he hardly even looked like he was sprinting! He does not get all over the bike like Cav does, but it seemed he just powered away from the other sprinters!!
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

12 Jun 2012 16:54

gustienordic wrote:That was quite impressive... he hardly even looked like he was sprinting! He does not get all over the bike like Cav does, but it seemed he just powered away from the other sprinters!!

There were hardly any sprinters there, I mean Albasini was 3rd, Gusev 6th and Montaguti 7th. So yeah, not exactly tough competition for a sprinter of Sagan's calibre.
maltiv

12 Jun 2012 17:05

maltiv wrote:There were hardly any sprinters there, I mean Albasini was 3rd, Gusev 6th and Montaguti 7th. So yeah, not exactly tough competition for a sprinter of Sagan's calibre.

Rojas isn't too bad of a sprinter, but yeah that is true!
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

12 Jun 2012 18:04

gustienordic wrote:Rojas isn't too bad of a sprinter, but yeah that is true!

+ Haussler and Freire
User avatar Afrank

Sagan's mentality

13 Jun 2012 06:35

There are few interesting stories about Peter - just to better understand the way he race -

When younger on some race in Czech rep. he was in a breakaway with 4 riders from one other team. They offered him 2nd place in the stage if he will cooperate with them. He refused obviously - and ended up 5th as they destroyed him with individual moves he needed to chase alone. At the end he lost - but he tried to win - he was no satisfied with easy 2nd place.

Another story is that on some cross country race he somehow missed his bike - by mistake. So he just took supermarket bike of his sister - and obviously won the race ...
TatryTour2013

13 Jun 2012 06:47

TatryTour2013 wrote:Another story is that on some cross country race he somehow missed his bike - by mistake. So he just took supermarket bike of his sister - and obviously won the race ...

My cousin told me that before a race, Sagan ate so much that he couldn't pedal. Yet he won the race.
How?
He farted all along.

We all love cycling legends :cool:
User avatar Pippo_San

13 Jun 2012 08:00

TatryTour2013 wrote:
Another story is that on some cross country race he somehow missed his bike - by mistake. So he just took supermarket bike of his sister - and obviously won the race ...

That second story is in fact true and I read about it in an interview with Sagan
User avatar Froome19

13 Jun 2012 15:36

I think the story is he broke his frame, or something like that. So he borrowed his sister's bike, went on to win with that one.

I want to also say another time he broke his frame, of course there was not another one around the night before a race, they were scrambling and found a local welder who welded it back together, then he went to the race and won.

I heard it on a TV interview one time, he acts like everybody does that around his town.

We Slovakians are very resourceful when necessary. And fast/strong!
zigmeister

05 Jul 2012 14:16

Our fearless hero does it again :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNTAq-WAFEo
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

05 Jul 2012 18:11

Some people say this way Sagan's day job, before he became a professional cyclist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnNH7I07RY
Fetisoff

Greipel to ride one lap in Paris in flip-flops & bermudas

10 Jul 2012 13:25

...apparently Greipel and Hansen got a bet whether Sagan would win 8th stage. Greipel lost so he obligated to ride one lap in Paris dressed in bermuda shorts and wearing flip-flops instead of bike-shoes.
:D:D:D
glassmoon

17 Jan 2013 14:25

Sagan's the best according to Boonen. Enough said! :)
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boonen-rates-sagan-as-the-best-hes-seen

PS: El Pisti has no longer a leverage. :D
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

17 Jan 2013 21:10

Boonen is right on the money there. I'd be very surprised if we don't see Sagan winning at least one classic this year.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

17 Jan 2013 21:15

cineteq wrote:Sagan's the best according to Boonen. Enough said! :)
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boonen-rates-sagan-as-the-best-hes-seen

PS: El Pisti has no longer a leverage. :D

Remember how much Lance used to talk up Ullrich? Yeah.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

18 Jan 2013 14:06

will10 wrote:Remember how much Lance used to talk up Ullrich? Yeah.

and he was right, ullrich wa sa ton times better than lance we now know :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Jan 2013 23:39

Which race was it last year, where Sagan crashed in a downhill right turn?
I can't remember, but i have it in my eyes.
Team Riis

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing