Register

Lance Armstrong - An exercise in corruption.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: peloton, Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Lance Armstrong - An exercise in corruption.

20 Jun 2012 15:47

I found this very interesting article with an even more interesting flowchart.

http://cyclismas.com/2012/06/lance-armstrongs-business-links-a-flowchart-by-dimspace/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lance-armstrongs-business-links-a-flowchart-by-dimspace

By dimspace/teamskyfans aka Dim, check it out. Pretty intriguing.
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 15:54

Wow. Just wow:eek:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 16:03

THIS is an AMAZING piece of work....

thank you dim for the time spent...in graphic form some of the connections are unreal...

and good work starting this Flo :)
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 16:06

Notice how many companies give Wonderboy a piece of equity in their company then do a deal with Livestrong so they can sell to the Groupies

......pay the toll
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 20:51

LaFlorecita wrote:I found this very interesting article with an even more interesting flowchart.

http://cyclismas.com/2012/06/lance-armstrongs-business-links-a-flowchart-by-dimspace/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lance-armstrongs-business-links-a-flowchart-by-dimspace

By dimspace/teamskyfans aka Dim, check it out. Pretty intriguing.

i can't believe that ******* weisel was born at the mayo clinic. it's all so clear now !!!
User avatar patricknd

20 Jun 2012 21:00

Fantastic work there.
"After studying my own case, I know the possibility of eating meat contaminated with Clenbuterol is very small but it is possible because farmers always want to boost animal growth." ~Alessandro Colò
User avatar goggalor

20 Jun 2012 21:07

As a Community College dropout with Chicken Breath, I think I am qualified to speak for all us slackers on the forum when I say "that is freaking incredible". Cripes, and that is only his part time job.

Time for me to motorvate. Going to go brush my teeth and gargle/swallow some FRS. Boo Yaa.

And on the commute home today I will haul ***. On the bike path part at least. Have to be a bit more careful/defensive on the busy traffic roads. Lots of stressed out car drivers out there. Treat them with respect. Hand out lots of "thank you" waves. But on the bike path - haul *** like Lance in a Nike Magnet Commercial. Love that Song/Commercial:)
User avatar Polish

20 Jun 2012 21:09

Race Radio wrote:Notice how many companies give Wonderboy a piece of equity in their company then do a deal with Livestrong so they can sell to the Groupies

......pay the toll

Pay the toll or have faith. Too bad you do not have faith. I pray for you.
User avatar Katy in the Keys
Newly Registered Member

20 Jun 2012 22:08

Looking at the chart makes me wonder even more why he decided to return to cycling in 2009.
With so much at stake.
He must have been pretty sure no anti-doping body was going to go after him.
The UCI's assurance that they would let him and Astana do their thing must have been very explicit and very reassuring to LA. Else I don't see why he would take any unnecessary risks.
sniper
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 22:24

I thought there was some business/investment connection with Verbruggen and Phil or Paul (can't remember which one).
therhodeo

20 Jun 2012 22:37

Katy in the Keys wrote:Pay the toll or have faith. Too bad you do not have faith. I pray for you.

Question is, to whom do you pray?

Scott SoCal

20 Jun 2012 22:39

sniper wrote:Looking at the chart makes me wonder even more why he decided to return to cycling in 2009.
With so much at stake.
He must have been pretty sure no anti-doping body was going to go after him.
The UCI's assurance that they would let him and Astana do their thing must have been very explicit and very reassuring to LA. Else I don't see why he would take any unnecessary risks.

He didn't see Floyd coming.

HUGE mistake. Huge... [SIZE="5"]HUGE[/SIZE].
Scott SoCal

20 Jun 2012 22:46

Scott SoCal wrote:He didn't see Floyd coming.

yes, very true.

but my main point is to say that apparently LA was VERY sure he wasn't going to test positive. I assume that confidence was not so much due to the quality of his masking agents; more likely it was due to an explicit arrangement with the UCI, i.e. an explicit guarantee he'd be given a free pass regardless of test results, blood values etc.
sniper
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 22:51

Scott SoCal wrote:Question is, to whom do you pray?

I was hoping Katy would respond with a picture of **** cheney on a stack of cash representing your god but she probably hasn't been here long enough to really know you :D
User avatar patricknd

20 Jun 2012 22:52

patricknd wrote:i can't believe that ******* weisel was born at the mayo clinic. it's all so clear now !!!

That is, without a doubt, the most shocking connection shown on that flow chart.
silverrocket

20 Jun 2012 22:52

sniper wrote:yes, very true.

but my main point is to say that apparently LA was VERY sure he wasn't going to test positive. I assume that confidence was not so much due to the quality of his masking agents; more likely it was due to an explicit arrangement with the UCI, i.e. an explicit guarantee he'd be given a free pass regardless of test results, blood values etc.

I think you are bang on. All of it, hubris, arrogance, same corrupt group at UCI, same DS, same "coach" (Ferrari), same dope....

He probably had even more financial resources... so he probably felt he could buy anything/anyone he wanted to.

Except he never tried to buy Floyd. What a big mistake.
Scott SoCal

20 Jun 2012 22:56

patricknd wrote:I was hoping Katy would respond with a picture of **** cheney on a stack of cash representing your god but she probably hasn't been here long enough to really know you :D

WTF?

Cheney.... Pfft

Now had you said Benjamin...:D

Scott SoCal

20 Jun 2012 22:57

I remember reading an "expose" on the Livestrong charity arm, which showed they spent an outrageous and completely unrealistic amount of donated money on "transportation/travel". Interesting to see that Livestrong rents their jet from Mellow Johnny. This gives Armstrong another legal way to funnel donations given for "cancer research" right into his own bank account.
silverrocket

20 Jun 2012 23:04

Scott SoCal wrote:He didn't see Floyd coming.

Floyd no doubt was a big deal but there are two other people who have done as much but their contribution is not public.

Can't wait for their books :D
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

20 Jun 2012 23:06

Scott SoCal wrote:WTF?

Cheney.... Pfft

Now had you said Benjamin...:D

kinda cheap, aren't ya?
User avatar patricknd

Next

Return to The Clinic