Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

25 Aug 2012 20:23

Parrulo wrote:is that what our relationship has come too? i don't even have a name anymore. . . . just a nameless mod :( :p

as for froome. . . . i am not a fan but i still would take him any day over wiggins as at least he attacks

Seriously is there someone who likes Wiggins in this forum? lol

Anyway I hope for him he doesn't become the next poulidor/ullrich/Schleck but it seems to go that way. Already 2 times 2nd and now Contador is back.

Should be interesting to see.
User avatar Miburo

25 Aug 2012 20:29

killswitch wrote:and Voeckler :D

Voeckler is a whole other league. He makes me wanna smash my TV. But that has more to do with attitude than style :D
User avatar Cimber

25 Aug 2012 21:08

airstream wrote:I like Froome as a guy who alongside with Andy possibly one day will be able to personify an outstanding climbing content of this beautiful sport!

They will be battling out for the right to be second to Alberto:D
User avatar the asian

25 Aug 2012 21:42

More.class from.froome post stage. Was basically asked if contador wheelsucked but replied that contador rode tactically better and was better. i think many could help
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

25 Aug 2012 21:59

Do you have a link or at least which media was?
User avatar Forunculo

25 Aug 2012 22:03

Forunculo wrote:Do you have a link or at least which media was?

I also saw that interview on ITV, maybe it is on Eurosport as well....

Froome really had an opportunity to have a go at Contador and rightfully so many would say, after all it must have been frustrating to be ganged up against like that... but he instead gave credit where credit was due and admitted he was at fault for falling into the trap rather than the other way round... He seems like twice the man Wiggins will ever be..
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

25 Aug 2012 22:06

Forunculo wrote:Rethinking about today and yesterday, he pulled yesterday to gap Uran (avoiding any doubt about his leadership) and Uran repay him today dropping early.

Why it took you so long to see that? Sky, Uran is not a donkey, he is a freaking olympic silver medalist :rolleyes:
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

26 Aug 2012 23:59

GIlbert when asked today who he thinks will win the Vuelta said that Froome is a very good friend and he wants Froome to win but thinks the 3 spaniards will team up on him.

And we have already seen Froome close to Vino.

Is Froome in that Vino Evans Gilbert Hincapie etc circle:eek:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

27 Aug 2012 00:04

Valverde said today/yesterday that Froome didn't look that great. Fading sooner than I thought...
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

27 Aug 2012 00:10

Froome19 wrote:I also saw that interview on ITV, maybe it is on Eurosport as well....

Froome really had an opportunity to have a go at Contador and rightfully so many would say, after all it must have been frustrating to be ganged up against like that... but he instead gave credit where credit was due and admitted he was at fault for falling into the trap rather than the other way round... He seems like twice the man Wiggins will ever be..

It was Rendell who asked the question, you can tell in the voice, and he is itv so twas not eurosport;)

User avatar The Hitch

27 Aug 2012 00:10

killswitch wrote:and Voeckler :D

Any like Chris Anker Sorensen or Dan Martin:D
User avatar Jason_Mercier

27 Aug 2012 00:13

The Hitch wrote:GIlbert when asked today who he thinks will win the Vuelta said that Froome is a very good friend and he wants Froome to win but thinks the 3 spaniards will team up on him.

Froome lives in Monaco and his girlfriend seems to tweet back and forth with Phil quite a lot, so they're probably friends. You forgot Rebellin and Hushovd by the way.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Aug 2012 00:14

The Hitch wrote:GIlbert when asked today who he thinks will win the Vuelta said that Froome is a very good friend and he wants Froome to win but thinks the 3 spaniards will team up on him.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty certain that Froome when in europe lives in Monaco so he might well be in with Gilbert and the other pro riders that live there
Carlo Algatrensig

27 Aug 2012 00:22

El Pistolero wrote:Froome lives in Monaco and his girlfriend seems to tweet back and forth with Phil quite a lot, so they're probably friends. You forgot Rebellin and Hushovd by the way.

what, they arent covered in etc?

User avatar The Hitch

27 Aug 2012 00:30

The Hitch wrote:what, they arent covered in etc?

etc= guys like Hincapie

:D
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Aug 2012 01:11

What is this photo i see in various guises on FDC?

Anyone want to explain?

Im talking about the sombrero and the jersey, not the english underneath which does not always appear,

User avatar The Hitch

27 Aug 2012 06:49

Looks like the UCI Development Team, as its sponsored by Nike.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

27 Aug 2012 07:06

Miburo wrote:Seriously is there someone who likes Wiggins in this forum? lol

Anyway I hope for him he doesn't become the next poulidor/ullrich/Schleck but it seems to go that way. Already 2 times 2nd and now Contador is back.

Should be interesting to see.

1. I like Wiggins quite a lot.
2. I also like Chris Froome
3. I am not sure AC will be a factor at the Tour de France in years to come...

Anyway, it is a pitty that Froome missed out the acceleration at the end and lost time. Might have been first signs of weakness. I hope he bounces back Wednesday in the ITT.
SiAp1984

27 Aug 2012 07:30

SiAp1984 wrote:3. I am not sure AC will be a factor at the Tour de France in years to come...

Wow just wow...Are you serious?

Well at least now it make sense why you like Wiggins a lot...:rolleyes:

On what do you base yourself that Contador won't be a factor anymore?

Btw his godly form in giro '11 was after the clinic-affaire so that's not an argument. So what is it then?

Please enlighten me :p
User avatar Miburo

27 Aug 2012 07:42

Miburo wrote:Wow just wow...Are you serious?

Well at least now it make sense why you like Wiggins a lot...:rolleyes:

On what do you base yourself that Contador won't be a factor anymore?

Btw his godly form in giro '11 was after the clinic-affaire so that's not an argument. So what is it then?

Please enlighten me :p

I think it's more wishful thinking on his part ;)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing