Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

30 Apr 2013 13:14

This is some entertaining catfight

@michellecound 1
I look forward to @TeamSky clearing up this mess (ASAP) #fedup

‏@michellecound
To those claiming that this Wiggins/Froome thing is some sort of publicity stunt, you are wrong.

‏@michellecound
Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!
User avatar Race Radio

30 Apr 2013 13:16

That chick needs to take a pill!

Cimber wrote:Imo its more about what he has shown this year. Against the likes of JRod and Bertie Froome is a much beter bet that Wiggo. But can they both have protected roles and then let the race decide after the 1st MTF?

Of course, that's the way it should be, only Froome and his airhead GF think it doesn't make sense, it's the complete opposite actually to anyone who knows anything about cycling...but of course as JRanton pointed out, if Wiggo is in yellow after the first ITT it's going to make life difficult for Froome.
webvan

30 Apr 2013 13:18

webvan wrote:That chick needs to take a pill!

Of course, that's the way it should be, only Froome and his airhead GF think it doesn't make sense, it's the complete opposite actually to anyone who knows anything about cycling...but of course as JRanton pointed out, if Wiggo is in yellow after the first ITT it's going to make life difficult for Froome.

Aitor Gonzalez Jimenez.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

30 Apr 2013 13:19

But their is a MTF before the 1st ITT, so Froome make his point then and there.
User avatar Cimber

30 Apr 2013 13:20

Gotta hand it to Wiggles, the guy knows how to stick the knife in, and twist it

"The Tour de France is my focus, it's just that I'm doing the Giro before,"
User avatar Race Radio

30 Apr 2013 13:22

If I'm Froome and Wiggins gets the team's support just for being ahead a couple seconds at some arbitrary cut-off point, I would **** **** up in the race and switch teams ASAP. He deserves this. Wiggins chose the Giro, if he'd said after the Tour 2012 "I'm going to repeat the win in 2013", that would have been the end of the discussion, but he didn't. He made his choice and if he's not able to live with it now, he can't expect Froome to play nice.
User avatar spalco

30 Apr 2013 13:22

Cimber wrote:But their is a MTF before the 1st ITT, so Froome make his point then and there.

Wiggins to attack him in the TTT.

I dunno why the Lance crew didn't try that in 2009 :p
Ferminal

30 Apr 2013 13:23

Ferminal wrote:Wiggins to attack him in the TTT.

Lol imagine one of them having a puncture in the TTT and the other one pushing the team to keep going. Would be epic :D
User avatar Cimber

30 Apr 2013 13:25

Ferminal wrote:Wiggins to attack him in the TTT.

They did hide Alberto's wheels.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

30 Apr 2013 13:25

spalco wrote:If I'm Froome and Wiggins gets the team's support just for being ahead a couple seconds at some arbitrary cut-off point, I would **** **** up in the race and switch teams ASAP. He deserves this. Wiggins chose the Giro, if he'd said after the Tour 2012 "I'm going to repeat the win in 2013", that would have been the end of the discussion, but he didn't. He made his choice and if he's not able to live with it now, he can't expect Froome to play nice.

I don't expect Froome will play nice. I imagine Froome is pretty annoyed that Wiggins is once again trying to take the TDF leadership that he deserves (and was promised) away from him. And no matter what their positions are heading into Ax-3, I expect Froome will want to show he should be the leader as early into the race as possible.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

30 Apr 2013 13:29

Yes, like last year, when both were protected as well and some teammates waited for Froome on that first stage. Oh no wait, that didn't happen since nobody cared :rolleyes:
User avatar Flamin

30 Apr 2013 13:30

Sophistic82 wrote:Wiggins won last year so he should be the leader if he wants to go for yellow.
And based on what are people assuming that Froome is stronger than Wiggins?Because of these short accellerations last year?

Froome's results so far this season in stage races:
1st Tour of Oman
2nd Tirreno Adriatico
1st Criterium International
1st Tour of Romandie

Wiggin's results so far this season in stage races:
5th Volta a Catalunya
5th Giro del Trentino
User avatar wwabbit

30 Apr 2013 13:34

wwabbit wrote:Froome's results so far this season in stage races:
1st Tour of Oman
2nd Tirreno Adriatico
1st Criterium International
1st Tour of Romandie

Wiggin's results so far this season in stage races:
5th Volta a Catalunya
5th Giro del Trentino

and Saxo will ride for Kreuziger and not Contador
Sophistic82

30 Apr 2013 13:40

Flamin wrote:Yes, like last year, when both were protected as well and some teammates waited for Froome on that first stage. Oh no wait, that didn't happen since nobody cared :rolleyes:

Wrong, Porte waited for him and BW only had EBH and Rogers left with EBH going for the win (finished 2nd) so they couldn't have done much more.

That's why it's a must to have two leaders in case something happens to one of them and losing 1 minute is not the worst as Sky found in 2011...
webvan

30 Apr 2013 13:42

It's not surprising Wiggins hasn't won anything when you realise he hasn't actually ridden a race with an ITT in it. He's really not been playing to his strengths.
William H

30 Apr 2013 13:46

webvan wrote:Can't see anything wrong with what Wiggins is saying ? He's just saying that if everything goes to plan they'll go in the TDF with two leaders (who wouldn't with the current TOP 2 GT riders in the world ?!) and let the road decide.

That in itself is wrong considering last year Wiggins was crying about how teams aren't supposed to have more than 1 leader and therefore froome would have to play domestique.

He was perfectly fine with the arrangment that on a harder 2013 parcors froome would get his turn, back when all he wanted was to win the 2012 tour. Now that that moment has come and gone, oh, surprise, suddenly Wiggins is not so eager to repay froome.

For all his faults, it's clear that here, froome who has remained humble, taken shirlt unfairly in the press and kept his mouth shut is the good guy, and Wiggins, not for the first-time, is behaving like a total prat.

And only intense fanboyism and nationalism can skew someone to see Wiggins as anything but an ******* in his behaviour.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

30 Apr 2013 13:47

maybe Sky should send two teams, sack off Argos-Shimano or something. Someone suggest this to ASO
JimmyFingers

30 Apr 2013 13:47

JRanton wrote:Don't be fooled, they're as thick as thieves those two. Froome is hugely ambitious, probably even more so than his missus.

I donot think Sky in any way want negative publicity with their two top stars going at each other in the media. By now they have enough data to prove which of the two is better in mountains and TTs. The hierarchy is already fixed. No reaction from Sky management on this topic means that they are not worried. I believe that this is a media stunt in order to lull Nibali into complacency that Wiggins is concentrating on the TDF and therefore will not go all out in the Giro. Also they are going to exploit this apparent rift in the TDF. We saw that in the Criterium International where Froome won over Porte. Froome will attack and Wiggins leave a gap and suck wheels.
IndianCyclist

30 Apr 2013 13:48

The Hitch wrote:And only intense fanboyism and nationalism can skew someone to see Wiggins as anything but an ******* in his behaviour.

But he is entertaining
JimmyFingers

30 Apr 2013 13:56

I really hope Froome will give **** all about team tactics and roflstomp Wiggins at the first chance he gets at the Tour.
kingjr

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing