Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

01 May 2013 16:53

Afrank wrote:By doing this, IMO, Wiggins is just being a A-hole and causing more headache for Froome. He really needs to grow up and acknowledge that Froome deserves to be the undisputed leader much more than he does.

Sorry? Are we talking the same Knight who won in 2012 everything he could win and some more like Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine, Le Tour and the Olympics?

Are we talking the same Froome who everytime he entered something significant lost? (see Tirreno-Adriatico 2013) Whose greatest win to date is the Tour of Oman?

Come on. Should Wigans disappoint miserably at the Giro I could understand, right now the crybaby is Froomey Dog.
" wrote:"It's magnificent to end it like this," he said. "All the big champions like (Laurent) Jalabert and (Richard) Virenque went out on top and I wanted to do the same."?
User avatar Pippo_San

01 May 2013 16:57

Pippo_San wrote:Sorry? Are we talking the same Knight who won in 2012 everything he could win and some more like Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine, Le Tour and the Olympics?

Are we talking the same Froome who everytime he entered something significant lost? (see Tirreno-Adriatico 2013) Whose greatest win to date is the Tour of Oman?

Come on. Should Wigans disappoint miserably at the Giro I could understand, right now the crybaby is Froomey Dog.

He won Romandie 2 days ago, and it's pretty clear who has a better chance to win the Tour.

They'll only give Wiggins undisputed leadership if he dominates the Giro(wins by a 5' margin), and has something left for the TdF.
User avatar Pentacycle

01 May 2013 17:21

webvan wrote:I don't know what race you guys watched last summer but writing that BW wouldn't have won the TDF without Froome is complete BS!

He probably would have won without Froome, but he almost certainly would not have won with Froome being on a different team or being allowed to race for himself.
User avatar spalco

01 May 2013 17:35

i totally agree that Froome should get the chance to go for the tour win - at the end of 2011 he had plenty of offers from other teams, he chose to stay with Sky and Wiggins, so he is the one who gave away the chance.
Sophistic82

01 May 2013 17:46

Here's a wee clip from the BBC were Geraint Thomas gives his opinion on it. Geraint always gives very entertaining interviews and although this clip is less than a minute long his last line is hilarious!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22374964
williamp78

01 May 2013 18:25

JRanton wrote:That's true but Porte gets on really well with Wiggins too. Little Richie is going to be the man in the middle.

No. He's gonna be the man who comes THROUGH the middle. 'Cos sky are just that devious...
Sometimes, I wish all the bits of my life had an ignore button...

hrotha wrote:Following pro cycling is like reading A Song of Ice and Fire. You better not get too attached to any of the characters.

Opinions are a bit like a**eholes. Everybody has one, and they are often full of the same thing.
User avatar martinvickers

01 May 2013 18:27

Now that would be truly epic... Porte winning the TdF!

Does Richie have a nice vocal wife? :D
Franklin

01 May 2013 22:26

Pippo_San wrote:Sorry? Are we talking the same Knight who won in 2012 everything he could win and some more like Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphine, Le Tour and the Olympics?

Come on now Eienstein did you not just watch the Tour de Romandie.:rolleyes:
User avatar TANK91

01 May 2013 22:36

Franklin wrote:Funny guy, you are absolutely missing the point, which is a direct reply to airstrteam.

1, Either we look at last year and decide Wiggo is the best.
2. We look at this year and say Froome is the strongest.

Saying that undoubtedly both are the strongest due to both reasons is eating your cake and having it too.

So according to your view of today you would 100% agree with me that Wiggo is not as strong as Contador. Seems you should be laughing at airstream, not at me. ;)

No your missing the point read my post it's about Froome being stronger than Contador, we all no in the 3 GT parcours this year that Contador would beat Wiggo in any 1 of them, but would he to Froome based on this year. I think not.:D. I said many times that Contador is not the same Contador as he once was, sure his results are not terrible but Contador has always looked stronger and better etc than this start to the season.:D
User avatar TANK91

01 May 2013 22:40

TANK91 wrote:we all no in the 3 GT parcours this year that Contador would beat Wiggo in any 1 of them

I don't know. The Giro was essentially designed to match Wiggins skill set.
offbyone

01 May 2013 22:47

offbyone wrote:I don't know. The Giro was essentially designed to match Wiggins skill set.

I still think Wiggo would have beat Contador in 2012 because Contador would not have been how to gain all the time he needed, but on the parcour's this year id probably say like you that this is the only GT that Wiggins would have a chance because even Contador's ITT has got weak imo.
User avatar TANK91

01 May 2013 23:57

TANK91 wrote:I still think Wiggo would have beat Contador in 2012 because Contador would not have been how to gain all the time he needed, but on the parcour's this year id probably say like you that this is the only GT that Wiggins would have a chance because even Contador's ITT has got weak imo.

hmm not sure about that. Contador said the in the giro the mountains are closer so it allows a long range attack compare to the tour. He might not win with the TT, but he sure can beat wiggin in the mountain. but this is all big if. No one is right since it never happens :D
User avatar Jelantik

02 May 2013 01:45

Something like this almost doesn't dignify a response, have you been watching the sport the last couple months?

First of all, Froome has not been given a chance to lead until this year. And in case you haven't noticed, Wiggins isn't winning like he did in 2012.
And second, you should actually read what the athletes say. Wiggins is still going on about Froome riding away from him, while Froome is just reasserting that he will be leader at the Tour. Now I ask you, which one is being the "crybaby" there?
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

02 May 2013 03:54

Afrank wrote:Something like this almost doesn't dignify a response, have you been watching the sport the last couple months?

First of all, Froome has not been given a chance to lead until this year. And in case you haven't noticed, Wiggins isn't winning like he did in 2012.
And second, you should actually read what the athletes say. Wiggins is still going on about Froome riding away from him, while Froome is just reasserting that he will be leader at the Tour. Now I ask you, which one is being the "crybaby" there?

IMHO.. both of them :p
User avatar Jelantik

02 May 2013 04:49

You know, a post like this simply makes you look like a novice. Not so much fanboyism as just someone trying to do a windup but not knowing what they are talking about.

Hm, Froome won Oman and Romandie. He did not win TA, but he still did quite well there. 2 out of 3 is not so bad thus far. BTW, Wiggo is not doing so well thus far this year. is he?

Last year Froome had already been racing at the sharp end for too long by the time he got to the Vuelta. Not a surprise he was toasted.

OK, next up - when's Froome been whining? He has simply asserted his leadership. That is a whole lot better than the d!ckwad who said he was not going to race/focus on the Tour this year, did not want to do "a Cadel", wanted to race the Giro, but now is not only backing up but also bringing up all these whimpy child like issues about Froome from last year.

It's likely all just for the press. But if Wiggo is actually an ounce like his TV persona, he's a suck hole.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

02 May 2013 04:53

webvan wrote:Not really comparable, Lance was a lot weaker than Contador on ALL terrains, mountain and ITT, he had zero chance, even if Contador hadn't attacked on Verbier he would have won that TDF.

In theory BW is still stronger than Froome in ITTs especially since Froome seems to have lost a tiny bit there compared to previous years (if you look at the TA and Romandie ITTs)...and according to BW and Kerrisson, who knows his numbers, BW has progressed in steep climbs...where he was already pretty decent in 2012.

You are a marketing exec's wet dream ...
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

02 May 2013 06:47

Afrank wrote:Something like this almost doesn't dignify a response, have you been watching the sport the last couple months?

Vuelta 2012?
And still Vuelta 2011 reeks. Even if people say it was BW's fault, I still believe Cobo won because he was better, and that's about it. He had the chance to crush him, he couldn't.

Still Froomey Dog is an ******* much like his Miss, he should've just kept a low profile publicly, because if BW wins the Giro, and he has a very very good chance of winning it, there's no way in hell he can claim the full leadership for the Tour.

Winning the stupid Romandie doesn't make you an indisputed leader for a GT, especially in a team like Sky.
" wrote:"It's magnificent to end it like this," he said. "All the big champions like (Laurent) Jalabert and (Richard) Virenque went out on top and I wanted to do the same."?
User avatar Pippo_San

02 May 2013 08:04

It's worse than that, Froome and that Cound Twitwoman want Wiggo OFF the team apparently, they're completely full of themselves, it's scary and cannot end well.
webvan

02 May 2013 11:53

webvan wrote:It's worse than that, Froome and that Cound Twitwoman want Wiggo OFF the team apparently, they're completely full of themselves, it's scary and cannot end well.

Has Froome's girlfriend personally offended you in some way? You certainly have some obvious deep-seeded animosity stored up for her for some strange reason.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

02 May 2013 12:13

Absolutely offended by the drivel she posts on twitter yes (see my post above for her latest antics if you haven't been keeping up to speed) , like any cycling fan I would imagine, hence calling her the Cound Twitwoman.
webvan

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing