Log in:  

Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

02 May 2013 12:43

Pippo_San wrote:Vuelta 2012?
And still Vuelta 2011 reeks. Even if people say it was BW's fault, I still believe Cobo won because he was better, and that's about it. He had the chance to crush him, he couldn't.

Still Froomey Dog is an ******* much like his Miss, he should've just kept a low profile publicly, because if BW wins the Giro, and he has a very very good chance of winning it, there's no way in hell he can claim the full leadership for the Tour.

Winning the stupid Romandie doesn't make you an indisputed leader for a GT, especially in a team like Sky.


But Froome was tired at that Vuelta, and thus could not contend anyways. So I didn't bother including it. Had he been fresh in it, there's not a doubt in my mind that he would have been on the podium.
In the 2011 Vuelta, your forgetting that on the stage Froome was in the leaders jersey he had to work for Wiggins and because of that lost more time to Cobo, then Cobo won with in the end. Sure, Cobo might have been able to still get the win by gaining time somewhere else, but we can easily assume had it not been for Wiggins making Froome work for him, Froome could have won it.

And I don't think he should keep a low profile at all. Wiggins, as I see it, is essentially trying to claim team Sky's leadership for the Tour that should belong solely to Froome. It's only right for Froome to say something to ensure he gets to keep that leadership role. Also placing 5th in Catalunya and Trentino shouldn't make you the leader either. Especially when the route doesn't even suit you and you'll have the Giro in your legs.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

02 May 2013 12:45

webvan wrote:Abo****ely offended by the drivel she posts on twitter yes (see my post above for ber latest antics if you haven't been keeping up to speed) , like any cycling fan I would imagine, hence calling her the Cound Twitwoman.


It's her twitter account, if you don't like to hear what she think and has to say, don't read it. It seems very childish to get offended over what someone says on their personal twitter account.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

02 May 2013 12:46

webvan wrote:It's worse than that, Froome and that Cound Twitwoman want Wiggo OFF the team apparently, they're completely full of themselves, it's scary and cannot end well.


Intresting what has she/they said on Wiggins not being on the team?, a link? I'm not on Twit so a link would be good. Surely Bradley is a definite at the Tour being reigning champ and face of the new wave of cycling fans from the UK. IMO no matter what Froome or his soon to be wife think on the subject Bradley is obliged to compete. Maybe chaos may ensue and things turn ugly but that puts way more pressure on Froome than any one else. I would love to see him crack and have an appalling day. Just to make a bit more of a spectacle of the Tour. Wiggins passing a broken Froome with Pinot Andy and Contador sailing off to the podium. The likely hood is Froome wins out by 3-5minutes.
User avatar Bexon30
Junior Member
 
Posts: 444
Joined: 03 Sep 2012 07:20

02 May 2013 13:20

I don't twit either but her cycling related twits have been reposted here several times, surprised you guys haven't seen them? Anyway here are the latest one where she implies she wants BW off the team for the TDF :

Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04:
I look forward to @TeamSky clearing up this mess (ASAP) #fedup

Michelle Cound Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04 :
To those claiming that this Wiggins/Froome thing is some sort of publicity stunt, you are wrong.

Michelle Cound Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04
Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!


Here's her "feed" if you're ready to be appalled : http://twitter.com/michellecound
webvan
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,366
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 01:16

02 May 2013 13:23

webvan wrote:I don't twit either but her cycling related twits have been reposted here several times, surprised you guys haven't seen them? Anyone here are the latest one where she implies she wants BW off the team for the TDF :



Here's her "feed" if you're ready to be appalled : http://twitter.com/michellecound

I hope she stays around Froome for a long time. Such an entertaining character. Pure gold!
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,356
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

02 May 2013 13:31

Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!

Won't Brad start in yellow?

actually probably not, but it would solve the problem...
Morbius
Junior Member
 
Posts: 475
Joined: 23 Sep 2011 16:53

02 May 2013 13:35

webvan wrote:I don't twit either but her cycling related twits have been reposted here several times, surprised you guys haven't seen them? Anyone here are the latest one where she implies [I]she wants BW off the team for the TDF[/I] :



Here's her "feed" if you're ready to be appalled : http://twitter.com/michellecound


Fran Millar should not be pleased. I hope Sky PR stop the tweets during the Tour
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,253
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

02 May 2013 13:36

Morbius wrote:Won't Brad start in yellow?

actually probably not, but it would solve the problem...

I believe he has the option to but in recent years there has been a trend for the previous years winners not to start in yellow.
User avatar Don't be late Pedro
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,442
Joined: 13 Aug 2010 08:51

02 May 2013 13:37

Mrs Wiggins was a far more honourable twitter personality.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,769
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

02 May 2013 13:46

In 12 months it won't matter as one of them will be gone. Can't see them both staying at Sky especially if Froome wins the Tour. Other teams will make offers to other Sky riders that are too good to ignore as well, such is the quality of their squad. Money talks and some of the domestiques would like to ride for wins, I'm sure.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,624
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

02 May 2013 13:52

movingtarget wrote:In 12 months it won't matter as one of them will be gone. Can't see them both staying at Sky especially if Froome wins the Tour. Other teams will make offers to other Sky riders that are too good to ignore as well, such is the quality of their squad. Money talks and some of the domestiques would like to ride for wins, I'm sure.


so Froome to Vancan?
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,998
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

02 May 2013 14:04

movingtarget wrote:In 12 months it won't matter as one of them will be gone. Can't see them both staying at Sky especially if Froome wins the Tour. Other teams will make offers to other Sky riders that are too good to ignore as well, such is the quality of their squad. Money talks and some of the domestiques would like to ride for wins, I'm sure.

Anyone interested in Sky's riders must be aware of the fact that Sky's logistics plays huge role in riders' results.
So, it's not just about the riders, interested teams will have to provide matching services.
I doubt there are many of them equal to the Sky... If any.
User avatar serfla
Junior Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 13:54

02 May 2013 14:09

serfla wrote:Anyone interested in Sky's riders must be aware of the fact that Sky's logistics plays huge role in riders' results.
So, it's not just about the riders, interested teams will have to provide matching services.
I doubt there are many of them equal to the Sky... If any.


Other teams like BMC, Omega, Garmin, have the same, they just don´t talk about it because they are less successfull and therefore don´t have to search for explanation for their success.
RHRH19861986
Junior Member
 
Posts: 988
Joined: 17 Mar 2012 14:33
Location: Germany, Europe

02 May 2013 14:13

serfla wrote:Anyone interested in Sky's riders must be aware of the fact that Sky's logistics plays huge role in riders' results.
So, it's not just about the riders, interested teams will have to provide matching services.
I doubt there are many of them equal to the Sky... If any.


This is the main point people seem to miss.

I've been told Manchester United have a number their players can can, 24/7, where someone will be on the end of the phone to solve any problem. Anything, they literally don't need to think about it, it'll be sorted.

Sky seem to be taking the same approach with their riders. To most it results in boring racing, but it's damn effective.
User avatar King Boonen
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

02 May 2013 14:14

webvan wrote:It's worse than that, Froome and that Cound Twitwoman want Wiggo OFF the team apparently, they're completely full of themselves, it's scary and cannot end well.



Sorry, where did froome say he wanted Wiggins off the team?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,268
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

02 May 2013 14:14

movingtarget wrote:In 12 months it won't matter as one of them will be gone. Can't see them both staying at Sky especially if Froome wins the Tour. Other teams will make offers to other Sky riders that are too good to ignore as well, such is the quality of their squad. Money talks and some of the domestiques would like to ride for wins, I'm sure.


This is actually a big danger to Sky. Wiggins is 33, and can't be a GC contender for years and years to come. If Sky want to look towards being successful in the future then they need to keep Froome and make sure he is happy. And making sure he feels supported by the whole team is how to do that.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

02 May 2013 14:18

RHRH19861986 wrote:Other teams like BMC, Omega, Garmin, have the same, they just don´t talk about it because they are less successfull and therefore don´t have to search for explanation for their success.

I suppose the success is the measure of everything involved in producing a result.
If they are less successful, that should mean Sky's in front of them.
User avatar serfla
Junior Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 13:54

02 May 2013 14:21

Both IIRC

Wiggos contract runs out this year.
Froomes is through 2014


Wiggo did state a couple of years (2010 maybe) ago he would retire after his contract ran out, I doubt that is still his plan.
User avatar Catwhoorg
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,134
Joined: 24 Aug 2011 11:00
Location: Atlanta, GA

02 May 2013 14:34

Catwhoorg wrote:Both IIRC

Wiggos contract runs out this year.
Froomes is through 2014


Wiggo did state a couple of years (2010 maybe) ago he would retire after his contract ran out, I doubt that is still his plan.


I think he has said he wants to ride tracl in Rio.
simo1733
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,177
Joined: 15 Jun 2010 08:40
Location: Brunei

02 May 2013 14:37

Morbius wrote:Won't Brad start in yellow?

actually probably not, but it would solve the problem...


Surely he will ride the prologue in Yellow.Why wouldn't you if you have the chance.
simo1733
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,177
Joined: 15 Jun 2010 08:40
Location: Brunei

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Axis, bill1109, Blablabla, De Snelle Duif, DenisMenchov, DHammer, Eagle, Escarabajo, Flamin, fowlyetti, Google [Bot], Jelantik, JosephD, lemon cheese cake, Maaaaaaaarten, MatParker117, No_Balls, nuvolablu, rick james, riodouro, Samamba, Savant12, SGarmin, shalgo, sosososik, staubsauger, Stilletto, T-Nielsen, veji11, wirral and 101 guests

Back to top