Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

02 May 2013 14:45

simo1733 wrote:I think he has said he wants to ride tracl in Rio.

Like many sports guys, his plan seems to change on an almost daily basis, depending on who is asking.

Froome is the future for Sky, they would be durned stupid to let him go.
User avatar Catwhoorg

02 May 2013 14:53

Dazed and Confused wrote:so Froome to Vancan?

Wrong forum.
Ferminal

02 May 2013 15:15

webvan wrote:I don't twit either but her cycling related twits have been reposted here several times, surprised you guys haven't seen them? Anyway here are the latest one where she implies she wants BW off the team for the TDF :

Here's her "feed" if you're ready to be appalled : http://twitter.com/michellecound

Yep not going there. I take it that's her job then....

I'm sure she will be as underhand as ever come July then. I'm still not convinced by Froomes class either. Good bike rider at the minute but I don't warm to him in interviews etc. maybe it's just me. Brad we know about. I'm sure one Ego will go this season end unless they don't target the same races but that's unlikely.
User avatar Bexon30

02 May 2013 15:51

The Hitch wrote:Sorry, where did froome say he wanted Wiggins off the team?

I think some people are interpreting this part of Froome's statement to mean that, but it's kind of a stretch.

"The Tour team has yet to be selected but with the depth of talent that we have at Team Sky, I have no doubt that the strongest and most willing riders will be there to support me"
User avatar wwabbit

02 May 2013 15:58

Sorry, where did froome say he wanted Wiggins off the team?

He didn't say it, he certainly inferred it, and Cound said she doubted the two of them would start any race in the same kit
JimmyFingers

02 May 2013 17:04

She wrote "doubt it" but that's pretty much saying wouldn't happen if it was up to her/them, it isn't fortunately, and I doubt she would write that if they hadn't discussed it. Heck they even made that ridiculous "Kyrienka to be the leader" video on YouTube, theyre clearly obsessed at this point...scary...He certainly hasn't disowned these comments, here are they are again since some don't seem to have their glasses on :

-------------------------------

Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04:
I look forward to @TeamSky clearing up this mess (ASAP) #fedup

Michelle Cound Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04 :
To those claiming that this Wiggins/Froome thing is some sort of publicity stunt, you are wrong.

Michelle Cound Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04
Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!
-------------------------
webvan

02 May 2013 17:06

JimmyFingers wrote:He didn't say it, he certainly inferred it, and Cound said she doubted the two of them would start any race in the same kit

[pedant] He implied it, you inferred it. [/pedant]
User avatar mattghg

02 May 2013 17:55

Afrank wrote:But Froome was tired at that Vuelta, and thus could not contend anyways. So I didn't bother including it. Had he been fresh in it, there's not a doubt in my mind that he would have been on the podium.
In the 2011 Vuelta, your forgetting that on the stage Froome was in the leaders jersey he had to work for Wiggins and because of that lost more time to Cobo, then Cobo won with in the end. Sure, Cobo might have been able to still get the win by gaining time somewhere else, but we can easily assume had it not been for Wiggins making Froome work for him, Froome could have won it.

I would also point out that everyone should remember Wiggins didn't exactly win everything he started until recently. Other than the Vuelta, Froome has been doing quite well even when he isn't the leader which shows a lot.
offbyone

02 May 2013 19:24

wwabbit wrote:I think some people are interpreting this part of Froome's statement to mean that, but it's kind of a stretch.

"The Tour team has yet to be selected but with the depth of talent that we have at Team Sky, I have no doubt that the strongest and most willing riders will be there to support me"

It's not a stretch in the least, and you've missed out the previous line:

Attempting to win the Tour de France is a massive undertaking, and will take total commitment from each and every team member.

The Tour team has yet to be selected but with the depth of talent that we have at Team Sky, I have no doubt that the strongest and most willing riders will be there to support me.

The guy's pretty bright - those words are unambiguous and deliberately chosen.

Total commitment
Team member
Most willing
Support me

Not Wiggo!
argyllflyer

02 May 2013 20:58

More Cound to William Fotheringham:
"there were blatant lies from Brad in your initial story William. Unless you misquoted?"

So she is outright calling Brad a liar (or maybe Fotheringham incompetent).
Morbius

02 May 2013 21:28

What is she referring to exactly, an article ?

In any case, she's outdoing herself...what's next, throwing nails on the road in front of BW's bike ?! Gotta feel for Sky, it must feel like dealing with a three year old's tantrum fits.
webvan

02 May 2013 21:42

Luckily Chris rides for Sky and not for Gianni Savio or another Italian team. I'm sure he would cite Froome to his office, light a cigar and tell him "Scusi pal she had to dissapear. She talked too much! It's not good for our business. She was a risk. Condoglianze, pal. She was such a lovely girl "

The next day she would have been found drowned in a sewer.:cool: :D
User avatar staubsauger

02 May 2013 21:50

staubsauger wrote:Luckily Chris rides for Sky and not for Gianni Savio or another Italian team. I'm sure he would cite Froome to his office, light a cigar and tell him "Scusi pal she had to dissapear. She talked too much! It's not good for our business. Condoglianze, pal "

Or maybe he would wake up in the middle of the night...
User avatar serfla

02 May 2013 22:33

webvan wrote: Gotta feel for Sky, it must feel like dealing with a three year old's tantrum fits.

Well they have tremendous experience with this considering wiggins has been their team leader for the last 3 years.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

02 May 2013 22:39

staubsauger wrote:Luckily Chris rides for Sky and not for Gianni Savio or another Italian team. I'm sure he would cite Froome to his office, light a cigar and tell him "Scusi pal she had to dissapear. She talked too much! It's not good for our business. She was a risk. Condoglianze, pal. She was such a lovely girl "

Lol.. you cracked me up :D
User avatar Jelantik

02 May 2013 22:40

webvan wrote:-------------------------------

Michelle Cound Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 30/04
Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!

-------------------------

What does she imply actually?
User avatar Jelantik

02 May 2013 22:46

offbyone wrote:I would also point out that everyone should remember Wiggins didn't exactly win everything he started until recently. Other than the Vuelta, Froome has been doing quite well even when he isn't the leader which shows a lot.

While Froome is the more versatile rider, I think many people forget wiggins form in 2011. He had won the dauphine ahead of Evans and the Brit road championship going away. Had he not crashed I believe there would be a high probability wiggins would be a 2-time tour champ. People think 2012 came out of nowhere. Actually, over the last 4-5 yrs, 2010 is the abnomaly.
Big Doopie

02 May 2013 22:46

Jelantik wrote:What does she imply actually?

When i first read it i thought it was a joke! ie its impossible for two people to wear one kit
williamp78

02 May 2013 23:50

Big Doopie wrote:While Froome is the more versatile rider, I think many people forget wiggins form in 2011. He had won the dauphine ahead of Evans and the Brit road championship going away. Had he not crashed I believe there would be a high probability wiggins would be a 2-time tour champ. People think 2012 came out of nowhere. Actually, over the last 4-5 yrs, 2010 is the abnomaly.

Over the last 10 years 2009 is also an abnormality:D
IndianCyclist

03 May 2013 00:03

Big Doopie wrote:While Froome is the more versatile rider, I think many people forget wiggins form in 2011. He had won the dauphine ahead of Evans and the Brit road championship going away. Had he not crashed I believe there would be a high probability wiggins would be a 2-time tour champ. People think 2012 came out of nowhere. Actually, over the last 4-5 yrs, 2010 is the abnomaly.

Wiggos CQ value the past few years:

From cyclingarchives (wins - any kind):

2009: 6
2010: 3
2011: 5
2012: 14
2013 (so far): 1

At this point '12 was an outstanding year for Wiggins in his career. Perhaps he can match it this year, but if not I would say 2012 was the odd year.
Dazed and Confused

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing