Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

03 May 2013 00:21

Big Doopie wrote: Had he not crashed I believe there would be a high probability wiggins would be a 2-time tour champ..

Well thats cos your an irrational fanboy isnt it.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

03 May 2013 00:25

Yeh, Wiggins would have bridged to Contador on Manse with ease...
Ferminal

03 May 2013 00:32

Ferminal wrote:Yeh, Wiggins would have bridged to Contador on Manse with ease...

Not to mention on the 1 hill wiggins did contest in that tour he was 1 of the gc riders who got dropped and came in 6 seconds behind:rolleyes:

And im sure Evans Andy And Frank would have soft pedalled Alpe d huez if Wiggins (by some miracle) was still up there - which as you point out, would have been unlikely considering the Gap stage.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

03 May 2013 06:03

webvan wrote:Absolutely offended by the drivel she posts on twitter yes (see my post above for her latest antics if you haven't been keeping up to speed) , like any cycling fan I would imagine, hence calling her the Cound Twitwoman.

I don't mind you being angry with her seeing as she willingly puts herself in the spotlight, but I don't think it's appropriate to keep insulting her like that. I don't like it when some posters here constantly do that with specific riders they dislike either.
User avatar spalco

03 May 2013 06:23

Insulting her like that ?! Whatever...Anyway, who are you to tell others here how to behave? That's insulting in itself. Just stick to the topic.
webvan

03 May 2013 06:39

Jelantik wrote:What does she imply actually?

She implies that they won't race together as teammates.
argyllflyer

03 May 2013 06:42

webvan wrote:Insulting her like that ?! Whatever...Anyway, who are you to tell others here how to behave? That's insulting in itself. Just stick to the topic.

Don't play stupid. 'Cound Twitwoman'. Why not just call her 'Cound' or 'Froome's wife' or whatever. What purpose does that "cute" nickname you've created for her serve to make your arguments more convincing? It certainly doesn't make you look reasonable.

And who am I? A guy voicing his opinion.
User avatar spalco

03 May 2013 06:57

Seems like Sky finally interfered because it seems she deleted yesterdays tweets where she accused Wiggins of blatant lies in an interview he gave.

Maybe finally this discusssion goes back to the sporting aspects...then again...it's fun :D

Back to Froome. This years TdF is pretty hard throughout its course (last years not so much). During the Vuelta 2012, which was also hard from beginning to end, Froome pretty much faded towards the end. How much of a risk is it that the same thing happens again during the Tour 13.
User avatar JimPanzen

03 May 2013 07:10

JimPanzen wrote:Seems like Sky finally interfered because it seems she deleted yesterdays tweets where she accused Wiggins of blatant lies in an interview he gave.

Maybe finally this discusssion goes back to the sporting aspects...then again...it's fun :D

Back to Froome. This years TdF is pretty hard throughout its course (last years not so much). During the Vuelta 2012, which was also hard from beginning to end, Froome pretty much faded towards the end. How much of a risk is it that the same thing happens again during the Tour 13.

Or perhaps Chris asked her to.

Anyway we need more racing so we can all forget this silly spat.
del1962

03 May 2013 07:18

JimPanzen wrote:Seems like Sky finally interfered because it seems she deleted yesterdays tweets where she accused Wiggins of blatant lies in an interview he gave.

Good to hear she might be coming to her senses, doubt it will last though seeing how volatile she is on Twitter.

As to your point, well last year he had the TDF in his legs but you're right, maybe too much stock was put into "fatigue" to explain his relative collapse, maybe the pressure of being the leader on a GT played a part too, and if it did maybe only because it was the first time...

Whichever way you look at it, Sky would be crazy to tell either if them to stay home in July if they're able and willing to race. They also have the gunpower to protect both of them but as we saw last year with Froome (or VDB2) losing time, it's not always enough if it happens at the wrong place and at the wrong time.
webvan

03 May 2013 07:31

webvan wrote:@spalco - these forums are made to discuss cycling, not to voice your opinion on other posters publicly, that's called flaming and it never works, take that to PM or report a post if you have a problem with it, I reported yours.

Well no, flaming is insulting somebody. At worst what I'm doing arguably is spamming by not staying on-topic, seeing as I'm being polite towards you. And I don't see how you're discussing cycling by repeatedly insulting the spouse of a cyclist.

I'll stop commenting on your behaviour when and if I'm told to so by a moderator, but until then I'll not shut up about it and won't keep it private.
User avatar spalco

03 May 2013 07:44

Reported [10C]
webvan

03 May 2013 07:46

Fine with me.
User avatar spalco

03 May 2013 08:23

Stop with the OT, thanks.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

03 May 2013 11:30

The Hitch wrote:Well thats cos your an irrational fanboy isnt it.

Oh dear you have got me so unbelievably wrong.

It really is amazing how people will read only what they want to read. Willfully blind.
Big Doopie

04 May 2013 06:42

serfla wrote:Anyone interested in Sky's riders must be aware of the fact that Sky's logistics plays huge role in riders' results.
So, it's not just about the riders, interested teams will have to provide matching services.
I doubt there are many of them equal to the Sky... If any.

That's true and some will want to stay because of the structure and the development but like other sports and with limited time in sporting careers, others will opt for the money and leadership in other teams. I don't think Nibali, Evans and Gilbert would have moved teams unless the price was right. The younger riders will be the ones more tempted to stay.
movingtarget

06 May 2013 12:42

Michelle gets her wish. Froome has been named sole leader at the Tour.
User avatar jaylew

06 May 2013 12:51

Well I was critical when they went in with the "Wiggins only" approach the last two times, the same applies to any "Froome only" tactic here.

Wiggins to Radioshack after the Giro plz :D
Ferminal

06 May 2013 12:52

Actually she wants BW off the team and DB says he's riding it...so, the road will decide as BW declared last week. In all logic CF will be in a better shape than BW but who knows what can happen.

Anyway it seems more like something CN "extracted" from DB as it is not an official statement on the TS site.
webvan

06 May 2013 12:54

jaylew wrote:Michelle gets her wish. Froome has been named sole leader at the Tour.

Havent we had the same news story about 50 times since July?

User avatar The Hitch

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing