Log in:  

Register

Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 May 2013 13:00

The Hitch wrote:Havent we had the same news story about 50 times since July?


Yeah but Wiggo doesn't want to hear it...
User avatar mattghg
Junior Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 19 Feb 2013 14:48

06 May 2013 13:18

webvan wrote:Actually she wants BW off the team and DB says he's riding it...so, the road will decide as BW declared last week. In all logic CF will be in a better shape than BW but who knows what can happen.

Anyway it seems more like something CN "extracted" from DB as it is not an official statement on the TS site.


http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_8693031,00.html
argyllflyer
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,068
Joined: 06 Apr 2012 20:55

06 May 2013 13:29

The Hitch wrote:Havent we had the same news story about 50 times since July?


Yep, I don't expect this to be the end of it by any means. Let's hear what Wiggins has to say about it now.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

06 May 2013 16:24

Meanwhile CF is sweating it out on Ventoux :

Image
webvan
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,361
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 01:16

06 May 2013 16:29

So, a defending champions of the Tour won't be able to defend his title because of what? Because his teammate wants to win it? Team Sky is bound to lose the TdF title this year, believe me.
boladelmundo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 91
Joined: 08 Sep 2012 16:19

06 May 2013 16:46

Ferminal wrote:Well I was critical when they went in with the "Wiggins only" approach the last two times, the same applies to any "Froome only" tactic here.

Wiggins to Radioshack after the Giro plz :D



ahaha, that would be fun

oh, I'd love to see this happen, and with Saiz at the wheel.
just to see the Clinic erupt like a volcano :D
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,250
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

06 May 2013 16:48

webvan wrote:Meanwhile CF is sweating it out on Ventoux :

Image


He doesn't look so easy to me, maybe he lost a bit marginal gains :D
burning
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,256
Joined: 29 Feb 2012 21:33

06 May 2013 17:21

webvan wrote:Meanwhile CF is sweating it out on Ventoux :

Image


He will win on Ventoux by 58"
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,626
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

06 May 2013 17:37

Oh... The beast. Looks like he is ready to to behave brutally
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

06 May 2013 17:37

LaFlorecita wrote:He will win on Ventoux by 58"


do you feel pain in your heart when you say this?
or you are just trying to lower your expectation to record low then waits for a big surprise:p
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,410
Joined: 19 May 2011 21:46
Location: CA USA

06 May 2013 17:40

maxmartin wrote:do you feel pain in your heart when you say this?
or you are just trying to lower your expectation to record low then waits for a big surprise:p


Neither:D:D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,626
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

06 May 2013 17:46

webvan wrote:Meanwhile CF is sweating it out on Ventoux :

Image


He is thinking "Oh Alberto will crush me there":p
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,948
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

06 May 2013 17:47

ILovecycling wrote:He is thinking "Oh Alberto will crush me there":p


Haha very nice :D don't let MC hear it:rolleyes:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,626
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

06 May 2013 17:55

The Hitch wrote:Havent we had the same news story about 50 times since July?

It's all about the timing...
mattghg wrote:Yeah but Wiggo doesn't want to hear it...


Seems that way
User avatar jaylew
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,612
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

06 May 2013 18:02

boladelmundo wrote:So, a defending champions of the Tour won't be able to defend his title because of what? Because his teammate wants to win it? Team Sky is bound to lose the TdF title this year, believe me.


Don't worry, if Wiggo still has the legs after the Giro he'll get his chance to defend his title. However the way the Giro is starting he might be too tired to give it a shot!
webvan
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,361
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 01:16

07 May 2013 04:53

boladelmundo wrote:So, a defending champions of the Tour won't be able to defend his title because of what? Because his teammate wants to win it? Team Sky is bound to lose the TdF title this year, believe me.


Brailsford gotta say somethin'. Other wise froomey's bulldog will throwing temper tantrum! that's a lot more scary than wiggin upset.
User avatar Jelantik
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,325
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 18:30

07 May 2013 05:32

webvan wrote:Meanwhile CF is sweating it out on Ventoux :

Image


Looks to me like Michelle is trying to be a photographer.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,493
Joined: 14 Sep 2009 03:41
Location: It's a surprise!

07 May 2013 06:23

Ripper wrote:Looks to me like Michelle is trying to be a photographer.


Theres a Froomestorm coming. The talk of Wiggins will look ridiculous come July because this guy will annihilate him
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks
Junior Member
 
Posts: 548
Joined: 09 Jun 2012 09:09
Location: Scotland

07 May 2013 06:45

they say froomey's has beat mayo's record on the first attempt of relaxed training ride up ventoux

he looks strong, mighty strong
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,269
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

07 May 2013 07:34

ILovecycling wrote:He is thinking "Oh Alberto will crush me there":p


It could have been really funny if it hadn't been so sad.

jens attacks wrote:they say froomey's has beat mayo's record on the first attempt of relaxed training ride up ventoux


This thought hit me too. Apparently Froome will be like a hungry lion that is released from a cage in the Tour.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., el_angliru, Eshnar, rainman, Yingge and 71 guests

Back to top