Register

The Evidence

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

31 Aug 2012 20:11

Race Radio wrote:Poor Wonderboy is going to lose it when he finds out how some of the best evidence was enabled by this forum

:D
the Clinic faithful
"Spreading Our Awareness"
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13

31 Aug 2012 20:12

Moose McKnuckles wrote:Bjarne: "I doped."
UCI : "No you didn't."
Bjarne: "Yeah, I did, I was there!"
UCI: "Impossible. You must be mistaken."
Bjarne: "What?!?"
UCI: "You never tested positive."
Bjarne: "There wasn't a test."
UCI: "Didn't your DS look you in the eye?"
Bjarne : "Uh, yeah..."
UCI: "Worked for Johan too. Looked Basso in the eye. Knew he was clean."
Bjarne: "But Basso was suspended."
UCI: "Witch hunt. He never doped, just thought about it."
Bjarne: "This is ridiculous. I took drugs."
UCI: "Liar."

People need to stop declaring themselves evil villans just to try and badmouth the yellow one. It's not fair.
Cloxxki

31 Aug 2012 20:26

Cmon RaceRadio you cant tease us like this without atleast leaking a few things :D
Rest In Peace:
Craig Walsh 1985 - 2012
User avatar Havetts

31 Aug 2012 20:41

Chris85 wrote:1. Anyone know when JB is due to face arbitration? 2. When USADA's evidence does come out, do you think they will name their witnesses? I hope to find out whether Hincapie has testified against Lance.

1. Don't expect to see JB in an arbitration room.

2. Outside of an arbitration room or a court room, there will be no evidence "coming out".
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 20:49

LauraLyn wrote:1. Don't expect to see JB in an arbitration room.

2. Outside of an arbitration room or a court room, there will be no evidence "coming out".

You think Johan is waiting to see how Lance's play turns out?
It is I, Ensign Pulver.
User avatar MarkvW

31 Aug 2012 20:58

Havetts wrote:Cmon RaceRadio you cant tease us like this without atleast leaking a few things :D

Sorry, I really wish I could share a lot of things with you but this just needs to unfold on it's own.

In this end this is almost as much about corruption and influence as doping.....and we are still in the 3rd quarter. SOOOOO much more to come
User avatar Race Radio

31 Aug 2012 20:59

LauraLyn wrote:2. Outside of an arbitration room or a court room, there will be no evidence "coming out".

Wrong. Completely wrong
User avatar Race Radio

31 Aug 2012 21:08

LauraLyn is relatively new to these boards and in the last couple hours as attempted to out RaceRadio's identity and completely contradicted him on the issue of evidence coming out. Is LauraLyn another fanboy intern, masquerading in the clinic?
User avatar DomesticDomestique

31 Aug 2012 21:11

MarkvW wrote:You think Johan is waiting to see how Lance's play turns out?

Johan never planned to go to arbitration. Johan was riding on the back of Lance's case.

Also Johan believes, or wants to believe, Lance is his friend. He needs Lance. It is both real and psychological.

Even if Johan realizes Lance can no longer help him, he still cannot turn on Lance. He also has nothing to gain in arbitration.

Whether he goes to arbitration or not he will get a lifetime ban. From USADA he might be able to squeeze 2 years, but no one would ever hire him. He has to hang on to what he has.

This is the price of friendship with Lance.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 21:11

DomesticDomestique wrote:LauraLyn is relatively new to these boards and in the last couple hours as attempted to out RaceRadio's identity and completely contradicted him on the issue of evidence coming out. Is LauraLyn another fanboy intern, masquerading in the clinic?

Hi Laura, my name is Dave.

Ok?

RaceRadio is already known to those that need to know and those that have malicious intent wanting to know.

Ok?

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued

31 Aug 2012 21:12

LauraLyn trying to make it a bakers dozen in the Clinic.. noooo!
User avatar dolophonic

31 Aug 2012 21:13

LauraLyn wrote:...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19433990
TomasC

31 Aug 2012 21:22

DomesticDomestique wrote:LauraLyn is relatively new to these boards and in the last couple hours as attempted to out 1. RaceRadio's identity and 2. completely contradicted him on the issue of evidence coming out. Is 3. LauraLyn another fanboy intern, masquerading in the clinic?

1. Apologies. However, this is easily had public knowledge.

2. I had not addressed RaceRadio on this. I did indeed contradict many people in stating this, including BBC. RaceRadio then contradicted me, just above your posting, and I appreciate his opinion. It just makes no sense to speak of evidence in the way it is being addressed by people here but mostly by people who still want to support Lance.

3. The world is not divided into good cowboys and bad cowboys all wearing easily identifiable white and black hats. But leave that in the middle. Your remarks was to "out" me in a personal and negative fashion. It has nothing to do with anything people have contributed here and it does not benefit the discussion.

A discussion is not about ownership. A discussion is about sharing.

Thank you for sharing.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 21:23

So Tomas, think about what the article is saying. Then think about what is possible. Then you can understand what the article means.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 21:28

D-Queued wrote:Hi Laura, my name is Dave.

Ok?

RaceRadio is already known to those that need to know and those that have malicious intent wanting to know.

Ok?

Dave.

My point exactly. (Although I cannot imagine why anyone would have "malicious intent" regarding RaceRadio.)

Thank you, Dave. This is surely ok, twice over.

PS The name is LauraLyn.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 21:37

There are questions that I have tried very hard to find answers to, and was unsuccessful in finding those answers, until today. That's not usually the case with public knowledge. While I'm happy to know those answers myself, I'm sure there are others who are not so happy about it. Many people here greatly appreciate the insight of certain posters who may wish to remain anonymous, especially if they work in the cycling industry. To me it is their choice to remain anonymous. Choosing to out them should not be up to you and your motivation to do so should be questioned. I wasn't intending to out you as a fanboy, but more question your motives.

31 Aug 2012 21:47

DomesticDomestique wrote:There are questions that I have tried very hard to find answers to, and was unsuccessful in finding those answers, until today. That's not usually the case with public knowledge. While I'm happy to know those answers myself, I'm sure there are others who are not so happy about it. Many people here greatly appreciate the insight of certain posters who may wish to remain anonymous, especially if they work in the cycling industry. To me it is their choice to remain anonymous. Choosing to out them should not be up to you and your motivation to do so should be questioned. I wasn't intending to out you as a fanboy, but more question your motives.

Thank you. It was a response to a question posed several times that appeared genuine and really nothing special about it. No one seemed to object to the question and the response was based on what is publicly known.

We can question everyone's motives here, but that is not so interesting. I generally assume those here genuinely want doping out of cycling. They may have different reasons for this and they may have different approaches to the discussion, but that is part of the richness of the discussion.

Some people have questioned RaceRadio's teasing way of contributing. Frankly, I enjoy it. It adds color and makes us think.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 21:53

LauraLyn wrote:My point exactly. (Although I cannot imagine why anyone would have "malicious intent" regarding RaceRadio.)

Thank you, Dave. This is surely ok, twice over.

PS The name is LauraLyn.

My apologies. Thanks for the correction.

We humans have an age-old habit of shooting the messenger. RR has his opinions, which are highly valued, but so is his data.

Not everyone agrees that either/or/both are valuable. Those same people often find the truth threatening.

Sometimes this is simply a cognitive dissonance issue, other times not so much.

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued

31 Aug 2012 21:55

D-Queued wrote:My apologies. Thanks for the correction.

We humans have an age-old habit of shooting the messenger. RR has his opinions, which are highly valued, but so is his data.

Not everyone agrees that either/or/both are valuable. Those same people often find the truth threatening.

Sometimes this is simply a cognitive dissonance issue, other times not so much.

Dave.

RaceRadio has disagreed with me and that is fine. His opinions enliven the discussion here and he has a clever way of making people guess.
User avatar LauraLyn

31 Aug 2012 22:03

LauraLyn,

I think we are very much on the same page about most of this. The only thing that I would say we disagree about is doing anything that might deter contribution from the clinic's favorite contributor. If he wishes to remain anonymous, then I would respect that

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic