Register

College Football

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

02 Dec 2018 15:48

A good day of NCAA football yesterday! The event of the day was Hurts coming in to help win the game (lots of story there!). The top three won't change but I'm curious what will happen with the fourth spot. UCF, OS, and O can all argue that they deserve the final spot. I know the committee doesn't have the balls to put a deserving UCF in there and without Milton UCF's argument is weaker. Really, I'd like to see all of the conference champions in the playoff.

One talking head suggested that the committee would "punish" ND for not having a championship by putting them in the fourth spot.

EDIT: O gets the nod...
jmdirt

04 Dec 2018 02:13

Heisman? That's a tough call. I always prefer the MVP of the league be the leader of the championship team so I'll take Tua (of course that assumes that the tide rolls and that he plays). They are definitely three guys who will make a chunk of change in the near future and maybe be stars on Sunday someday too.
jmdirt

06 Dec 2018 03:50

Yikes, we get to play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl?

I already have 25cents riding on Ohio State - please don't hurt us Dawgs too badly? :(
User avatar Tricycle Rider

06 Dec 2018 21:56

Well Rose Bowl this year is what it is supposed to be: The Big Ten and Pac Ten champions. :)
User avatar Koronin

08 Dec 2018 20:22

Tide are gaming their competition: "Tua is on target...". OU has to game plan for both QBs. G got gamed twice: plan for Hurts-get smacked by Tua, plan for Tua-get smacked by Hurts.
jmdirt

08 Dec 2018 22:49

I hope everyone here is watching the Holiday Bowl..the only game that really counts
Unchained

Re:

Yesterday 00:01

Unchained wrote:I hope everyone here is watching the Holiday Bowl..the only game that really counts

Counts for what though? :D
jmdirt

Re: Re:

Yesterday 03:55

jmdirt wrote:
Unchained wrote:I hope everyone here is watching the Holiday Bowl..the only game that really counts

Counts for what though? :D

Counts for being one of the older Bowl games?
User avatar Koronin

Yesterday 15:46

The Holiday Bowl is safe for now..it always would be better if BYU plays because the attendance is better and there is actually a noticeable increase in tourist traffic..and in San Diego that's not easy.
College football in San Diego has morphed into something pretty good..University of San Diego..a religious school that had a two for graduation of good teachers and lawyers now has a budding football program...San Diego State ..the Aztecs are the football growth in the region..when the Chargers split SDSU inherited a deserted NFL fan base ..lots more Aztec ball caps and bumper stickers..the Chargers and Aztecs both played at Jack Murphy Stadium..which was renamed Qualcomm Stadium after the cell phone chip giant that is a San Diego heavy..Qualcomm dropped sponsorship..the reason for all the fighting..nobody wanted to pay the @$600 million to give the Chargers the stadium they were demanding..the Holiday Bowl is played at the Murph for now..the stadium is set for demolition and SDSU wants to expand its campus and build a new stadium..we shall see..but I don't see a bright future for the Holiday Bowl..especially during the demo and construction phase of the area redevelopment..
All teams including the Chargers are doing good since the NFL left San Diego..
Unchained

Previous

Return to General