Log in:  

Register

Philippe Gilbert Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 Sep 2012 15:43

Richeypen wrote:I dont like Gilbert in the slightest. No denying that he was the strongest yesterday though, was a class above.


This, obviously he was the strongest and obviously he deserves the jersey. Just... I need to learn to care less :rolleyes:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Sep 2012 16:56

LaFlorecita wrote:This, obviously he was the strongest and obviously he deserves the jersey. Just... I need to learn to care less :rolleyes:


Any particular reason why you don't like thim? Certain things he did?
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,066
Joined: 29 Aug 2011 21:00

24 Sep 2012 17:11

Panda Claws wrote:Any particular reason why you don't like thim? Certain things he did?


It's just the way he comes across. Funnily enough I hated him at the start of 2011, then I actually started liking him but now I hate him again :D (of course I don't really hate him, hate is a strong word)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Sep 2012 17:19

Any highlights for yesterdays race on youtube,dailymotion youporn or whereever? :D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,961
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

24 Sep 2012 17:21

Zam_Olyas wrote:Any highlights for yesterdays race on youtube,dailymotion youporn or whereever? :D


:eek: You are going to get banned :eek:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Sep 2012 17:49

icefire wrote:Fixed your dates!


I'm sorry Cav
User avatar Scatto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 09 Oct 2010 18:31

24 Sep 2012 17:52

LaFlorecita wrote:It's just the way he comes across. Funnily enough I hated him at the start of 2011, then I actually started liking him but now I hate him again :D (of course I don't really hate him, hate is a strong word)


This is cycling. There ain't no hate.

Watch football instead.
User avatar Scatto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 09 Oct 2010 18:31

24 Sep 2012 17:52

LaFlorecita wrote:It's just the way he comes across. Funnily enough I hated him at the start of 2011, then I actually started liking him but now I hate him again :D (of course I don't really hate him, hate is a strong word)
Good to know it's not because he's belge. :D
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,467
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

24 Sep 2012 18:24

gustienordic wrote::D Perfect race by Gilbert... although now he might be too expensive to put on my fantasy team.


That's the bad side of it.:D

He's riding Piemonte on Thursday maybe he'll honour the Rainbow Jersey with a win.
I am also hopeful that he can win either MSR or Ronde next year.

I am sure he'll focus on these two next. at least he can come close to his ambition of winning all five Monuments.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

24 Sep 2012 18:26

Scatto wrote:This is cycling. There ain't no hate.

Watch football instead.


That's why I said it's not really hate. By the way I can't think of someone I really, truly hate. For me "dislike" and "like" just sounds too neutral :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Sep 2012 18:28

Ok then
[color="White"][SIZE="1"]ten friggin characters[/SIZE][/color]
User avatar Scatto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 09 Oct 2010 18:31

24 Sep 2012 18:34

cineteq wrote:Good to know it's not because he's belge. :D


No no I am not like that :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Sep 2012 18:45

Phil shows off his new jersey.
Image

Image
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

24 Sep 2012 20:06

the asian wrote:That's the bad side of it.:D

He's riding Piemonte on Thursday maybe he'll honour the Rainbow Jersey with a win.
I am also hopeful that he can win either MSR or Ronde next year.

I am sure he'll focus on these two next. at least he can come close to his ambition of winning all five Monuments.


I think winning LBL in the Rainbow Jersey will be at the top of his list.
User avatar GPdesAmeriques
Junior Member
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 16 Sep 2012 08:51

25 Sep 2012 10:23

GPdesAmeriques wrote:I think winning LBL in the Rainbow Jersey will be at the top of his list.


Yeah, reconquering the Ardennes will probably be priority Number 1
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,066
Joined: 29 Aug 2011 21:00

25 Sep 2012 12:28

Nice pictures of Phil. Good for him. I hope he wears it well next season. (He will)
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,971
Joined: 17 Jun 2010 12:25
Location: PNW

25 Sep 2012 13:40

Anyone with a list of all the big classics/1day races he hasnt won?

Looking forward to see the rainbow jersey breaking away from the field in the year to come.
User avatar Shardi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 339
Joined: 18 May 2010 05:27

25 Sep 2012 14:09

Shardi wrote:Anyone with a list of all the big classics/1day races he hasnt won?

Looking forward to see the rainbow jersey breaking away from the field in the year to come.


Out of the monuments he has yet to win MSR, PR, & Ronde even though he has podiumed at both MSr and Ronde.

Among the other World Tour one day races he has yet to win Ghent-Wevelgem, E3 Prijs and Montreal.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

25 Sep 2012 14:24

LaFlorecita wrote:It's just the way he comes across. Funnily enough I hated him at the start of 2011, then I actually started liking him but now I hate him again :D (of course I don't really hate him, hate is a strong word)


How can you not like Gilbert but like someone like Contador?
User avatar Camulos
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 18 Mar 2012 17:57
Location: West-Flanders

25 Sep 2012 14:33

Camulos wrote:How can you not like Gilbert but like someone like Contador?


If you want to discuss why I love Alberto we can do that in the Alberto discussion thread, I have about a billion reasons. Why I don't like Phil, hmm he is a bit too arrogant for my liking, I overreacted a bit on Sunday :o :), I think he definitely deserves the jersey but that doesn't mean I like him.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair cyclist, barmaher, Crevaison, dubexcalibur, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jagartrott, jens_attacks, LaFlorecita, liamito, maltiv, meat puppet, n1ko, Pentacycle, rainman, rghysens, rm7, seabridge, Squirbos_19, staubsauger, Stelvio and 91 guests

Back to top