Log in:  

Register

Vuelta 2013 route

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

09 Jan 2013 17:42

Eshnar wrote:wait. So there are 4 (FOUR) consecutive uphill finishes at the end?

7 ;) (If you don't count the rest day) :eek:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,687
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

09 Jan 2013 17:52

Blocks of 2, 3, 3 and 4 consecutive MTF.

Purito is really mad to do the Tour this year. He won't get a better chance to win the vuelta unless Unipublic becomes even more retarded next year.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

09 Jan 2013 17:55

I see one good thing, climbs get overused way faster this way, so they might try to find new climbs faster:o
Red Rick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,685
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: The Netherlands

09 Jan 2013 17:55

Eshnar wrote:wait. So there are 4 (FOUR) consecutive uphill finishes at the end?


As Netserk pointed out, there are actually seven.

Image
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

09 Jan 2013 17:58

Red Rick wrote:I see one good thing, climbs get overused way faster this way, so they might try to find new climbs faster:o


Unipublic are better than ASO in that regard.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

09 Jan 2013 17:59

In the last two weeks, there will be 3 flat or flatish stages, 1 ITT and 10 MTFs.
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

09 Jan 2013 18:07

Well, Burgos is not a summit finish, it will be a finish after the descent of a 3rd/4th cathegory climb.
apmfbs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 16 Oct 2011 10:39

09 Jan 2013 18:15

apmfbs wrote:Well, Burgos is not a summit finish, it will be a finish after the descent of a 3rd/4th cathegory climb.


Wasn't it rumoured to finish on the Castle?
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

09 Jan 2013 18:34

Descender wrote:Wasn't it rumoured to finish on the Castle?


Not really, not enough surface for the Vuelta it would finish in an important avenue.
Besides in the last days it is supposed to be 11 summit finishes and they didn´t say anything about Burgos, so it would be a flat stage with just the ascent of the castle to give emotion to the last kilometres

http://www.diariodeburgos.es/noticia/Z47506925-E846-CF29-E5EB874ECD83A453/20121211/burgos/acogera/ultimas/etapas/vuelta/espa%C3%B1a/2013
apmfbs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 16 Oct 2011 10:39

09 Jan 2013 19:00

apmfbs wrote:Not really, not enough surface for the Vuelta it would finish in an important avenue.
Besides in the last days it is supposed to be 11 summit finishes and they didn´t say anything about Burgos, so it would be a flat stage with just the ascent of the castle to give emotion to the last kilometres

http://www.diariodeburgos.es/noticia/Z47506925-E846-CF29-E5EB874ECD83A453/20121211/burgos/acogera/ultimas/etapas/vuelta/espa%C3%B1a/2013


Jiha, we have a breakaway stage :D ;)
User avatar staubsauger
Junior Member
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 18:14

09 Jan 2013 19:02

Image
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

09 Jan 2013 19:04

Image
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

09 Jan 2013 19:06

My bad then.
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

09 Jan 2013 19:13

[attach]http://cobblesandhills.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Adelanto-V13.png[/attach]
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

09 Jan 2013 19:43

Image
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

09 Jan 2013 19:50

Image
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

09 Jan 2013 19:51

Image
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,278
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

10 Jan 2013 11:27

The only open question seems to be the second Pyrenees stage. It's supposed to be long and hard, and there have been rumours about a French finish, but knowing Unipublic I'd bet on a half-arsed stage to mighty Cerler with Cantó + Bonaigua and little more.
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

10 Jan 2013 15:34

The stage of Andorra will start in Bagá so it is close to Andorra, we can have now Ordino, Comella, Rabassa and Canolich in only 150-160 km or Envalira, Ordino, Comella,etc
apmfbs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 178
Joined: 16 Oct 2011 10:39

10 Jan 2013 19:53

Descender wrote:The only open question seems to be the second Pyrenees stage. It's supposed to be long and hard, and there have been rumours about a French finish, but knowing Unipublic I'd bet on a half-arsed stage to mighty Cerler with Cantó + Bonaigua and little more.


If the French finish is the case, then surely Cantó + Bonaigua then about 40km of flat before finishing halfway up the Col de Menté/Mourtis Ski Station would be more Unipublic's style?
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,873
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., el_angliru, Eshnar, ILovecycling, rainman, Velolover2, Yingge and 69 guests

Back to top