Log in:  

Register

Le Tour de France 2013: who will win?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 Tour

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2012 12:09

Alberto Contador
61
62%
Cristopher Froome
25
25%
Andy Schleck
6
6%
Vincenzo Nibali
2
2%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen
2
2%
Ryder Hesjedal
1
1%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo
1
1%
Other (specify)
1
1%
 
Total votes : 99

21 Nov 2012 10:46

The Hitch wrote:Ever heard of Darwin? Some are just stronger than others. When a lion fights a gazelle the lion wins every time. Yet what you are arguing is that if the lion hasn't fought a gazelle in a while we have to assume the gazelle has grown claws and teeth. and that we are stupid to say otherwise.

Did indurain or.hinault or merckx win 1 gt then step aside. Or did they keep winning?

The strong win and continue to win. You know why?

Cos they are ****ing stronger.


Hahaha. Man. You're crazy. So Contador will win forever? Is Froome a gazelle? Why do you know it? Nice arguments.
User avatar Jason_Mercier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,077
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 10:59

21 Nov 2012 10:54

The natural selection of Darwin explains that only the strongests survives. And Froome was the strongest in 2011 Vuelta and 2012 Tour. We are not talking about a gazelle. We are talking about other lion which is threatening the kingdom of the current king. And this is the nature. Or you never heart anything about the natural replace?
User avatar Jason_Mercier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,077
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 10:59

21 Nov 2012 11:04

The Hitch wrote:Ever heard of Darwin? Some are just stronger than others. When a lion fights a gazelle the lion wins every time. Yet what you are arguing is that if the lion hasn't fought a gazelle in a while we have to assume the gazelle has grown claws and teeth. and that we are stupid to say otherwise.

Did indurain or.hinault or merckx win 1 gt then step aside. Or did they keep winning?

The strong win and continue to win. You know why?

Cos they are ****ing stronger.


No, I'm learning technical subjects. But even my it's entirely incorrect comparison. They are all human beings and afterall it's life and many things change. If one reasons like you, other riders are not entitled to grow in order to be equal Contador because in such a case one would have nothing but uncovering a notorious argument about off-form. From outsider's perspective, it looks like concsious will to polarize the situation to elevate your rider even more. I don't know how you treat Armstrong. Based on what I could read, you handle him quite neutrally. Well-know Contador fans don't like Lance. But it is exactly his approach. Lion and gazelles and thinking 'When I don't win, it's not normal'.

Well, my question is still in force. 'If Contador is in form, he is not beatable'. How you came to that?
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

21 Nov 2012 11:12

Contador is there he is the likely winner, he'll find a way to win whether it be the Sky/US Postal method or by cunning, guile and cleverness. It's not all about physical strength, it's having the brains to use the strength. This is easy Contadors rides; 9 times out of ten he wins
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

21 Nov 2012 11:15

Product of the same methods.

Probably it's grateful to root for the strongest rider [I never checked and never will]. More fun, more expectations, more positive emotions. But it obscures the eyes so much...
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

21 Nov 2012 12:47

The Hitch wrote:Do you think anyone is going to.believe your unexplained theories to heart just because you order them" learn it"
I expect Contador 2013 performances to be in the 2012 Vuelta neighbourhood. Quote it for posterity. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that I say to you: "I told you so". :D

Afrank wrote:And you have yet provide any meaningful argument that Froome wasn't fatigued at the Vuelta.
You're the one saying that, so it's up you to prove it. IMO Bio Harzard's year programme was mild, and in the Tour he didn't go full gas, thus there was no a real reason to be tired. Again see Gesink, see Valverde.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,445
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

21 Nov 2012 13:54

cineteq wrote:You're the one saying that, so it's up you to prove it. IMO Bio Harzard's year programme was mild, and in the Tour he didn't go full gas, thus there was no a real reason to be tired. Again see Gesink, see Valverde.


The only argument to mine you have been providing is "no, your wrong, I'm right" it's a weak argument. Did you watch the tour? Did you see Froome riding everybody off his wheel, even his own teammate at times How does a rider ride everyone off his wheel in the mountains and not go hard in doing so? Go back to the forum during the Vuelta or go to any article that was published during the Vuelta and you will read the same thing, Froome was fatigued.

Your theory that Valverde proves Froome wasn't fatigued has already been dis-proven.

Froome>>>>>>>>>>>Gesink Plus he didn't do the same amount of work as Froome due to his crash, which made him drop out on stage 12.
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

21 Nov 2012 14:01

airstream wrote:Product of the same methods.

Probably it's grateful to root for the strongest rider [I never checked and never will]. More fun, more expectations, more positive emotions. But it obscures the eyes so much...


Chaneling The Great Pink floyd? :P sometimes i wonder if you are on lsd or weed :D
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,949
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

21 Nov 2012 14:06

Afrank wrote:Your theory that Valverde proves Froome wasn't fatigued has already been dis-proven.

Froome>>>>>>>>>>>Gesink Plus he didn't do the same amount of work as Froome due to his crash, which made him drop out on stage 12.
You quoted my argument, and don't try to twist it into 'i'm right, you're wrong' argument. If you want to continue sounding like a broken record, and say Froome was fatigued, what a poor thing, and so on, fine. Last time I check, Froome was a pro road cyclist. If you want to play naïve, fine, it's up to you. Next question? ;)
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,445
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

21 Nov 2012 14:09

Zam_Olyas wrote:Chaneling The Great Pink floyd? :P sometimes i wonder if you are on lsd or weed :D


Wait they have weed in belarus :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,022
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

21 Nov 2012 14:26

Zam_Olyas wrote:Chaneling The Great Pink floyd? :P sometimes i wonder if you are on lsd or weed :D


Do you really find yourself funny? What's wrong? What exactly do you disagree with? These words don't do you credit, even if it was said in jest.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

21 Nov 2012 14:45

airstream wrote:Do you really find yourself funny? What's wrong? What exactly do you disagree with? These words don't do you credit, even if it was said in jest.


cry baby i find you hilarious even if you say things not in jest but like an obscure stationary object.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,949
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

21 Nov 2012 14:49

Zam_Olyas wrote:cry baby i find you hilarious even if you say things not in jest but like an obscure stationary object.


Too much of cycling in your posts.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

21 Nov 2012 14:56

airstream wrote:Too much of cycling in your posts.


So?? And whats the use of posting about anything when there are cycling experts like you and other better just to read or talk about cycling when there is a race.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,949
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

21 Nov 2012 15:44

cineteq wrote:You quoted my argument, and don't try to twist it into 'i'm right, you're wrong' argument. If you want to continue sounding like a broken record, and say Froome was fatigued, what a poor thing, and so on, fine. Last time I check, Froome was a pro road cyclist. If you want to play naïve, fine, it's up to you. Next question? ;)


And I have already proven those arguments wrong, yet you completely ignore my arguments.

According to your logic: Froome placed 2nd at the Tour while working for Wiggins but didn't use too much energy in doing so. He than went to the Vuleta where he placed 4th, 10 minutes back. How does a rider that is able to place 2nd at the tour with minimal efforts then place 10 minutes back in the Vuleta? I guess you could say Contador, Purito, and Valverde were just stronger than he was, but wait, Froome beat Valverde at the tour by 40 minutes. So much for that argument.

Here's what actually happened: Froome placed 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins. He then went to the Vuelta as leader and was one of the big favorites to win it. It started off good with Froome hanging in there with the other contenders then it got worse and worse. And Froome lost more and more time. Eventually he fell out of contention and we didn't see him at any key moments in the race. What happened was, while placing 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins he used too much energy. And as they got further into the Vuelta and the racing got harder his form declined. He showed a clear trend of downward moving form and fatigue.

And the reason I keep saying he was fatigued is because this isn't that complicated. There really isn't that much too it, for everybody but you this isn't even an issue.
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

21 Nov 2012 16:06

So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

21 Nov 2012 16:09

Siriuscat wrote:So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:


Next year that will be two years ago! It doesn't matter anymore, it's about the present not the past :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,022
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

21 Nov 2012 16:22

Siriuscat wrote:So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Afrank should be able to answer this.

Afrank wrote:And I have already proven those arguments wrong, yet you completely ignore my arguments.
You can read my mind too? Great, at least you got that right. :)

Afrank wrote:I guess you could say Contador, Purito, and Valverde were just stronger than he was, but wait, Froome beat Valverde at the tour by 40 minutes. So much for that argument.
What a meaningless argument. All this goes to prove that you didn't really watch the Tour, or you missed completely stage 6 (Metz). How can you explain a beat up Gesink ends up 2 minutes behind Froome in La Vuelta? Let's make a deal: if you'd say radioactive bio hazard was sick, I'll buy it. ;)
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,445
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

21 Nov 2012 16:32

Afrank wrote:And I have already proven those arguments wrong, yet you completely ignore my arguments.

According to your logic: Froome placed 2nd at the Tour while working for Wiggins but didn't use too much energy in doing so. He than went to the Vuleta where he placed 4th, 10 minutes back. How does a rider that is able to place 2nd at the tour with minimal efforts then place 10 minutes back in the Vuleta? I guess you could say Contador, Purito, and Valverde were just stronger than he was, but wait, Froome beat Valverde at the tour by 40 minutes. So much for that argument.

Here's what actually happened: Froome placed 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins. He then went to the Vuelta as leader and was one of the big favorites to win it. It started off good with Froome hanging in there with the other contenders then it got worse and worse. And Froome lost more and more time. Eventually he fell out of contention and we didn't see him at any key moments in the race. What happened was, while placing 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins he used too much energy. And as they got further into the Vuelta and the racing got harder his form declined. He showed a clear trend of downward moving form and fatigue.

And the reason I keep saying he was fatigued is because this isn't that complicated. There really isn't that much too it, for everybody but you this isn't even an issue.

Word by word.+1
User avatar Jason_Mercier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,077
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 10:59

21 Nov 2012 16:47

cineteq wrote:I expect Contador 2013 performances to be in the 2012 Vuelta neighbourhood. Quote it for posterity. It wouldn't be the first or the last time that I say to you: "I told you so". :D
.


Actually it would be the first time. I recalled you assured us that nibali would win the tour and ridiculed anyone who.said.contador would win the vuelta.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,791
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eagle, Eshnar, Fausto Jr., Gigs_98, postmanhat, Red Rick, rghysens, Rollthedice, shalgo, The fridge in the blue trees and 65 guests

Back to top