Log in:  

Register

Le Tour de France 2013: who will win?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 Tour

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2012 12:09

Alberto Contador
61
62%
Cristopher Froome
25
25%
Andy Schleck
6
6%
Vincenzo Nibali
2
2%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen
2
2%
Ryder Hesjedal
1
1%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo
1
1%
Other (specify)
1
1%
 
Total votes : 99

21 Nov 2012 21:22

airstream wrote:According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.


I think preperation and form is 2 differnt things
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,447
Joined: 05 May 2011 16:26

21 Nov 2012 21:24

Form: Rodriguez 8 Valverde 7 Contador 6 Froome 3
User avatar Jason_Mercier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,077
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 10:59

21 Nov 2012 21:27

airstream wrote:According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.

The points weren't based on their performances in the Vuelta, but in their racing program before.

Valverde had an intense early season from Jan-Mar, but showed in the Ardennes that he was far from his top level. After that he had a pause (well deserved) before racing Suisse were he helped Costa win. He then went to the Tour for GC, but an early crash and time lost, meant that it was out of the question. He then saved himself for a stage win (again well deserved). Back in time racing a GT as warm up (not going for GC) has showed to be a very effective, when one was in need of race days (which Valverde was because of his ban, which is also why I don't think he could top 5 the Tour without crashes). As an example see Menchov in '07. Helping MR, but not going all out. He was in great shape for the Vuelta.

I will give you a similar reason for the three others tomorrow as I am going to bed now :)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,687
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

21 Nov 2012 21:28

Vino attacks everyone wrote:I think preperation and form is 2 differnt things


Indeed. And my points was regarding the former.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,687
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

21 Nov 2012 22:06

ILovecycling wrote:Bull****,how do you know this?Are you his fitness trainer or something
No, I'm not. I just happen to be a very observant person, c'est tout. ;) Glad you quoted it for posterity.

Afrank wrote:
As for Gesink: he exited on stage 12 to recovered from his injuries and got back into decent form for the Vuelta. And I will say it again Froome>>>>>>>Gesink.

And to the bolded: What? do you think I am desperately trying to come up with a reason that will please you? Sorry I'm not, Froome was fatigued at the Vuelta that is a fact accepted by everyone in cycling, in your own words "learn it" ;)
oh and contador wasn't in top form at the Vuelta...learn that too.
LOL!!! Good sense of humor. Now, back to your logic. 'Fatigued' (whatever that means) Froome >>>>>>> Beatup Gesink [2 minutes difference]. Houston we have a problem. :rolleyes:

LaFlorecita wrote:And what was Tour 2009? And Giro 2011? Wait I already know your explanation, it doesn't belong in this sub forum.
I'm talking about his age. He's not a kid anymore. :)

Ryo Hazuki wrote:this is what happened. now let's laugh at cineteq to see how he will try to save himself out of this
I'm safe and sound, you're late to the party brother.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,465
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

21 Nov 2012 22:10

cineteq wrote:No, I'm not. I just happen to be a very observant person, c'est tout. ;) Glad you quoted for posterity.

LOL!!! Good sense of humor. Now, back to your logic. 'Fatigued' (whatever that means) Froome >>>>>>> Beatup Gesink [2 minutes difference]. Houston we have a problem. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about his age. He's not a kid anymore. :)

I'm safe and sound, you're late to the party brother.


Strange definition of "kid" you have.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,626
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

21 Nov 2012 22:59

cineteq wrote:LOL!!! Good sense of humor. Now, back to your logic. 'Fatigued' (whatever that means) Froome >>>>>>> Beatup Gesink [2 minutes difference]. Houston we have a problem. :rolleyes:


So you can't figure out a way to prove Froome wasn't fatigued so you laugh at what I say and try to make it sound like the word fatigued isn't a word :rolleyes:.

you keep say "Froome, Gesink, 2 minutes" but you don't provide any explanation of how this is suppose to prove Froome wasn't fatigued. Do you think Gesink is stronger than Froome? Or Gesink wouldn't have lost to a fatigued Froome? Or that Froomes gap to Gesink would have been smaller if he was fatigued? What? :confused:

I'm talking about his age. He's not a kid anymore.


29 isn't that old.
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

21 Nov 2012 23:19

Afrank wrote:you keep say "Froome, Gesink, 2 minutes" but you don't provide any explanation of how this is suppose to prove Froome wasn't fatigued. Do you think Gesink is stronger than Froome? Or Gesink wouldn't have lost to a fatigued Froome? Or that Froomes gap to Gesink would have been smaller if he was fatigued? What? :confused:
I'm not trying to prove anything, you're the one saying Froome >>>>>>> Gesing, not me. Your math doesn't add up, that's all. It's contradictory because Froome just finished 2 min. better that Gesink which was all beat up from the Tour, that's the issue I have. If you're going to say that, at least back it up. So far you've failed to do it.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,465
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

21 Nov 2012 23:37

cineteq wrote:I'm not trying to prove anything, you're the one saying Froome >>>>>>> Gesing, not me. Your math doesn't add up, that's all. It's contradictory because Froome just finished 2 min. better that Gesink which was all beat up from the Tour, that's the issue I have. If you're going to say that, at least back it up. So far you've failed to do it.


I get the feeling that you are intentionally trying to make your posts as confusing as possible. The math of Froome being better than Gesink doesn't add up? The Vuelta (as well as many other races) shows Froome is the stronger (when has Gesink podiumed in a GT?), even when tired and fatigued. You are the one who used Gesink finishing 2 minutes back of Froome in the Vuelta as proof that Froome wasn't fatigued; yet you still do not explain why or how it proves that.
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

22 Nov 2012 00:49

cineteq wrote:I'm not trying to prove anything, you're the one saying Froome >>>>>>> Gesing, not me. Your math doesn't add up, that's all. It's contradictory because Froome just finished 2 min. better that Gesink which was all beat up from the Tour, that's the issue I have. If you're going to say that, at least back it up. So far you've failed to do it.


Froome does seem to the rational mind to indeed be a superior rider to Gesink.

Dont know why its such a big problem for you to see that.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,246
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

22 Nov 2012 00:59

cineteq wrote:
I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?


lol at this Stalin like attempt at revising history. Just cut out the face with scissors and glue something else in.

This is what you actually said


cineteq wrote:This is not a Contador thread, LOL.

Seriously, I can't believe the lack of common sense I'm observing here. A guy who hasn't been competing for that long is now the overwhelming favorite to win??? A quick reminder, what happened in his latest GT before he was sent to the basement? :rolleyes:

As for Froome, sorry I can only talk about him in the pharma forum. He doesn't count.


vcampbell wrote:Everyone knows that you hate him, so you don't need to be angry. If it hurts your feelings, that he has got the most votes, than you should stop watch cycling, I think :(


cineteq wrote:Have you seen TdF 2011? That's your reference. ;)



cineteq wrote:Yes I do, I think Purito or Robert have a chance of winning this. I'm no sheep, who vote for riders because you read it in a magazine, saw the odds or even fear his peers are not going to talk to them anymore.

.



This is a good gem

cineteq wrote:Just use common sense, see Tour 2011. Are you one of those posters who's going to to excuse him for being tired from the Giro, or that he wasn't in top form, or that he was injured and blah, blah, blah?





No magic 100% accurate prediction about Contador starting off slow then hitting top form as you now claim but outright dismissal of Contadors chances and predicting he would bomb like tour 2011.

Thankfully no one believes your bull**** anyway.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,246
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

22 Nov 2012 01:00

Parrulo wrote:wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?


cineteq wrote:The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.



Funny. What really happened was you repeatedly made clear Contador could not win because he was "undertrained"


cineteq wrote:
As yours truly, Anton thinks Contador doesn't have racing legs/undertrained and he's going to pay for it:





Afrank wrote:So Contador can't gift away stages to his rivals :)


cineteq wrote:How can he do that if he's undertrained? ;)
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,246
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

22 Nov 2012 01:21

Hitch, you must be infatuated with me, holy cow you have so much time in your hands. The funny thing is that you did it for nothing.

I can stand by my comments since they're consistent with I've been saying along, no problem, but can you admit your mistakes? :rolleyes: Nope, you always hide behind the rock.

PS: How old are you btw?
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,465
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

22 Nov 2012 01:29

Lol the old- oh you are obsessed, argument as if you didn't know what Google was.

You are on record attacking people.for voting that they think contador would win

Yet now you claim you knew contador would win all along.

Consistency? If you say so:cool:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,246
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

22 Nov 2012 01:37

The Hitch wrote:You are on record attacking people.for voting that they think contador would win

Yet now you claim you knew contador would win all along.

Consistency? If you say so:cool:
Now, you're posting nonsense. Did I hit a nerve Hitchie? You're infatuated with me, aren't you? :) Are you going to be man enough to answer those questions?

PS: how old are you again?
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,465
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

22 Nov 2012 04:28

ok cineteq this is just reaching trolling levels now. . .

hitch clearly proved your lack of consistency so if you keep up your trolling you will have to get a warning.

and no, pulling the "oh eh is a mod and is abusing his power because i disagree with him" argument won't work here.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,169
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

22 Nov 2012 05:15

I wonder then how we might estimate Basso's fit say in the 2009 Giro. Apparently, 1. And he never could reach more than 5 compared to his pre-suspension level..
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

22 Nov 2012 05:35

Parrulo wrote:ok cineteq this is just reaching trolling levels now. . .

hitch clearly proved your lack of consistency so if you keep up your trolling you will have to get a warning.

and no, pulling the "oh eh is a mod and is abusing his power because i disagree with him" argument won't work here.
Dear Parrulo,

Your buddy Hitch has proven nothing. All he's done is quote a bunch of stuff, must of the time out of context, for his convenience. Yet the essence of what it was quoted I stand for.

What I stated was my own opinion. Right or wrong is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Last time I checked this was called a Forum.

If you have a personal vendetta because I called you out few times in the past for your behavior as a moderator, fine. As you know, there is a thread in the clinic (unless it's been deleted) where your behaviour was discussed by other posters and yours truly. Btw, we waited for you to participate but you never replied to our comments. Did you get a warning for that?

If you decide to call me troll and yet you decide to ignore (selectively) the Hitch's abuse to others, fine.

Do what you have to do. And I'll do what I need to do.

Over, and out.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,465
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

22 Nov 2012 05:56

airstream wrote:According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.


There is no doubt that Valverde and Contador would have been training the house down while they were suspended. Valverde had much more time to prepare for the Vuelta than Contador who went into the race with a very light racing schedule but was probably hoping to use the first week to accelerate his fitness and he struggled but hung in there. I honestly thought Rodriguez had the race won but I think often it is the psychology that makes great riders especially where the physical attributes of riders are so similar. When Contador attacked on the deciding stage Rodriguez and his team had no answer, mentally and physically. They were caught completely off guard. What he did was something Eddy Merckx used to do. The legendary stories about him attacking from the beginning of a stage after being dropped the previous day. This is what makes riders like Contador so great. They are willing to take big risks to win and they hate to lose. Hinault was the same. Would Valverde or Rodriguez have tried the same tactic ? No. They would have ridden for a podium place. The question I have about the Vuelta result is how good were Valverde and Rodriguez and how much improvement did Contador have ? I could be wrong but maybe Rodriguez and Valverde who pushed Contador were not as good as we thought. Either way, Contador with a full preparation will have other riders worried after what they saw in the Vuelta. I don't believe anyone is unbeatable but it will be interesting to see what price bookmakers will have for Contador before the Tour. Lots of questions should be answered in the next Tour regarding comparisons between riders. Would have been even more interesting if Wiggins was there as well instead of riding the Giro.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,618
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

22 Nov 2012 11:00

cineteq wrote:Dear Parrulo,

Your buddy Hitch has proven nothing. All he's done is quote a bunch of stuff, must of the time out of context, for his convenience. Yet the essence of what it was quoted I stand for.

What I stated was my own opinion. Right or wrong is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Last time I checked this was called a Forum.

If you have a personal vendetta because I called you out few times in the past for your behavior as a moderator, fine. As you know, there is a thread in the clinic (unless it's been deleted) where your behaviour was discussed by other posters and yours truly. Btw, we waited for you to participate but you never replied to our comments. Did you get a warning for that?

If you decide to call me troll and yet you decide to ignore (selectively) the Hitch's abuse to others, fine.

Do what you have to do. And I'll do what I need to do.

Over, and out.


hitch isn't my buddy, we have disagreed many times in the past and i think his posting style has been way too condescending for a while now, but his quotes aren't out of context , his quotes show that you have been changing your argument to the most suited to disagree with contador fans for a while now, just like airstream has done by switching his support from andy schleck (who apparently sucks now according to him when 6 months ago he was "the boss") to froome. those are clear signs of trolling. the fact that you are yet to provide evidence to back up your claims is another sign.

also if you have anything to add on my moderation do it on the appropriate thread on the about the forum section and wait for an admin to reply to your complains as talking to me won't change much.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,169
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aguirre, Ataraxus, bajbar, burning, glassmoon, Google [Bot], ICanTearYourLegsOff, igi000, infeXio, MatParker117, meat puppet, Miburo, neineinei, nuvolablu, Ruudz0r, Samamba, Trond Vidar, valentius borealis, Yahoo [Bot] and 62 guests

Back to top