Register

"Rabobank open investigation into Luis-Leon Sanchez"

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

"Rabobank open investigation into Luis-Leon Sanchez"

24 Oct 2012 14:46

As per the Dutch media. An online translation will have to do for now

http://tinyurl.com/99558gy

The Spanish Anti-Doping Agency already launched an investigation into both Sanchez and Rubiera, apparently.

http://www.as.com/ciclismo/articulo/fiscalia-investigara-espanoles-implicados/20121023dasdaicic_4/Tes
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

24 Oct 2012 14:52

rather unsurprising that more Rabo dirt comes up after they pulled out.
User avatar gerundium

24 Oct 2012 14:55

The AEA (Spanish Anti-Doping Agency) sent the info regarding Del Moral and Celaya to the prosecutor's office. About Martí and the other Spaniards involved, the article says it (presumably the AEA, but it's ambiguous) is supposed to review their role in the whole mess, but it doesn't say an enquiry has officially been launched.
User avatar hrotha

24 Oct 2012 14:59

Quick translation:

It's not just the the Spanish authorities that are are starting an investigation into Luis Leon Sanches. His current squad, team Rabobank is starting it's own investigation into the role of the Spaniard in the USADA-report. "He will have to explain to us what happened," spokesperson Richard Plugge announced to Wielerflits during the announcement of the parcours of the Tour de France 2013.

After the report was made public on october 10th the bank-sponsored team first had to deal with the confession of Levi Leipheimer. "Two days later, while reading the extra reports we saw Luis Leon Sanchez's name. I called him on the phone as a representative of the team. At that moment he was on holiday at the other side of the word. My call wasn't answered," says Plugge.

From thursday on the team will meet for three days to talk about the future. The Spaniard can tell his story in a meeting with the team management. Sanchez is suspected to have participated in a training camp with the controversial doping doctor Ferrari while he was racing for Caisse d’Epargne.
Fruitzilla

24 Oct 2012 15:14

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:The Spanish Anti-Doping Agency already launched an investigation into both Sanchez and Rubiera, apparently.
Plus Dr García del Moral, Dr Celaya and Mr Martí get mentioned.
I think it's suggesting that AEA (Agencia Estatal Antidopaje) is referring the matter to the Attorney General (Fiscalía General).

Perhaps the combination of national anti-doping agency and national prosecutors working together is going to be the 'new normal' to break though 'peleton Omerta'.

WADA: Testing alone not sufficient to combat doping

World Anti-Doping Code: Article 22.2
Each government will encourage all of its public services or agencies to share information with Anti-Doping Organizations which would be useful in the fight against doping and where to do so would not otherwise be legally prohibited.
User avatar ValleyFlowers

24 Oct 2012 15:19

How was LLS brought up in USADA's report? I didn't read through the whole thing
More Strides than Rides

24 Oct 2012 15:33

Blame the cows!
glassmoon

24 Oct 2012 15:33

Honestly, it´s just a PR stunt.

Rabo knew all along about Rasmussen´s whereabouts and that he filled wrong location to UCI. It´s Rasmussen´s claim.

Rolf Sørensen were caught during the Giro by a danish journalist while he was out riding his bike, and were asked about a comment regarding Theo de Ruijs (probably spelled it wrong) statement that "medical assistance was accepted on Rabobank as long it was done in a safe manner"
He was Rolf´s manager for 3 years.

Rolf looked like a kid who got caught with his fingers in the cookie jar, caught of guard, looked like one big excuse, saying...if it was safe... ehh I mean....uhmm I don´t wanna talk more about this, it irritates me...I have no more comments, and drove away.
Management Committee Member, Hein Verbruggen, stated:
That’s impossible, because there is nothing. I repeat again: Lance Armstrong
has never used doping. Never, never, never. And I say this not because I am a
friend of his, because that is not true. I say it because I’m sure.”
User avatar Fidolix

24 Oct 2012 15:42

More Strides than Rides wrote:How was LLS brought up in USADA's report? I didn't read through the whole thing

maybe payments to ferrari?!
ALBERTO CONTADOR, BANG BANG!
User avatar virandociclista

24 Oct 2012 15:51

In het USADA-rapport tegen Lance Armstrong meldde Volodimir Bileka, ook actief in diezelfde US Postal-ploeg waar Armstrong voor reed, dat Rabobank-renner Luis Leon Sanchez met Caisse d'Epargne onder begeleiding van Ferrari op Sankt-Moritz trainde. Rabobank benadrukt dat de Spanjaard niet betrokken was bij dopingpraktijken.

"De bewering van Bileka dat Luis Leon Sanchez in 2007 in St. Moritz trainde klopt. Zijn toenmalige ploeg Caisse d'Epargne trainde in 2007 met Ferrari," aldus persman bij het Nederlandse team Richard Plugge op Twitter. "Maar Sanchez verklaart geen doping noch dopingadviezen te hebben ontvangen," is de Nederlandse persman duidelijk.

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/19999/rabobank-sanchez-kreeg-geen-doping-van-ferrari.html

Bileka told USADA that LL-Cool S and the Caisse d'Epargne team "trained" with Ferrari in St. Moritz in 07.

Rabo press spokesman Richard Plugge admitted that this fact was correct, but stated that LL had declared that he had neither received any doping advice, nor any doping.
The LOTE has won, all hail the LOTE.
User avatar Amsterhammer

24 Oct 2012 16:26

Amsterhammer wrote:http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/19999/rabobank-sanchez-kreeg-geen-doping-van-ferrari.html

Bileka told USADA that LL-Cool S and the Caisse d'Epargne team "trained" with Ferrari in St. Moritz in 07.

Rabo press spokesman Richard Plugge admitted that this fact was correct, but stated that LL had declared that he had neither received any doping advice, nor any doping.

Hasn't half the Rabo team trained on altitude in St. Moritz in preparation for the TdF?

Robert Gesink, Bauke Mollema (nu actief in de Ronde van Zwitserland) en Luis León Sánchez zijn al lange tijd zeker van een startbewijs, net als de Spanjaarden Carlos Barredo en Juanma Garate. De twee Duitse renners Paul Martens en Grischa Niermann vergezellen de andere vijf tijdens de verkenningen in de Alpen en de hoogtestage bij Sankt Moritz, terwijl Lars Boom op tijd genezen lijkt te zijn van zijn knieblessure. Voor de laatste plek in de Rabobank-ploeg lijken Laurens ten Dam en Maarten Tjallingii de grootste kanshebbers

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1018/Wielrennen/article/detail/2444894/2011/06/14/Tourselectie-Rabobank-staat-vrijwel-vast.dhtml
User avatar Bala Verde

24 Oct 2012 17:49

Bala Verde wrote:Hasn't half the Rabo team trained on altitude in St. Moritz in preparation for the TdF?

I think that it had been published before summer 2011 that the authorities were tracking Ferrari. Its probably also a good place for training but thanks for the link - hadnt seen that before.
Frosty

24 Oct 2012 18:17

Riders, notably Vinokourov, have also been spotted with Ferrari in nearby Livigno, immediately west of the Stelvio. This rather small region of the Alps is almost ideal for altitude training. If altitude training actually works, that is.

Sylvester wrote:... In July 2007, he went to St. Moritz to see Ferrari, who provided him with EPO, to be injected intravenously. Bertolini, Chicchi, Gasparotto and Pellizotti were with him in St. Moritz.

Bertagnolli also recalls seeing Vinokourov and a group of other cyclists with Ferrari in Livigno, 2006. ...

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18784
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

24 Oct 2012 18:55

Amsterhammer wrote:http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/19999/rabobank-sanchez-kreeg-geen-doping-van-ferrari.html

And he never got any doping advice from Fuentes either. Sanchez was implicated in Puerto also.
User avatar Epicycle

24 Oct 2012 18:58

Epicycle wrote:And he never got any doping advice from Fuentes either. Sanchez was implicated in Puerto also.

LLS was also involved with Jesús Losa. He's playing doping doctor Pokémon.
User avatar hrotha

24 Oct 2012 20:20

hrotha wrote:LLS was also involved with Jesús Losa. He's playing doping doctor Pokémon.

All he needs is Del Moral and he'll have the set.
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
User avatar Mrs John Murphy

24 Oct 2012 21:17

Which guys from Caisse d'Epargne were training with Ferrari in 2007? The whole team? Or just a few guys?
babastooey

24 Oct 2012 22:17

But Wiggins just got done saying this was all 15 years ago, I'm so confused. :D
Racelap

24 Oct 2012 22:44

You would have thought that Ferrari being banned by Italian authorities might have been enough for teams to steer clear (as opposed to just individual riders) even without a specific sanction from their governing body. But I guess not, this is cycling after all.
PCutter

02 Feb 2013 12:56

Via twitter
Luisle has been suspended by Team Blanco while team investigates alleged links to Puerto. He denies links to Fuentes in 2011 from 'Galgo' case.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

Next

Return to The Clinic