Log in:  

Register

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Nibali
90
32%
Rodriguez
29
10%
Hesjedal
16
6%
Basso
9
3%
Wiggins
106
38%
Scarponi
2
1%
Others
29
10%
 
Total votes : 281

25 Oct 2012 13:05

cineteq wrote:You guys completely misunderstood me. I always wanted Purito to ride Giro/Vuelta. I said I don't think he wants to ride the Giro, even though he said he would, based on his reaction after the Giro presentation. I'm sure deep down he wants to be in the 2013 Tour, but he seems to have understood that his best opportunities are going to be better by riding Giro/Vuelta again.

I did understand it, I just found funny that you didn't even put a "if he goes", after having argued for two days.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,958
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

25 Oct 2012 13:09

cineteq wrote:You guys completely misunderstood me. I always wanted Purito to ride Giro/Vuelta. I said I don't think he wants to ride the Giro, even though he said he would, based on his reaction after the Giro presentation. I'm sure deep down he wants to be in the 2013 Tour, but he seems to have understood that his best opportunities are going to be better by riding Giro/Vuelta again.


Rodriguez really wants to be in the Tour, but he has no choice because Menchov is Russian. :o
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

25 Oct 2012 13:26

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Rodriguez really wants to be in the Tour, but he has no choice because Menchov is Russian. :o
you crack me up. :D

Eshnar wrote:I did understand it, I just found funny that you didn't even put a "if he goes", after having argued for two days.
Uh oh, I think I'm going to change my mind again. LOL.

http://kecprosport.com/purito/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=959&catid=72&Itemid=217
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

25 Oct 2012 13:33

Vino attacks everyone wrote:My new main man Nibbles


What sort of resources do you think Astana are going to throw into the Giro? Are they going to prioritize a Giro win over a possible Tour top ten? Will Nibbles' main support will be Agnoli, Tiralongo and Gasparotto?
User avatar whittashau
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,398
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 09:28

25 Oct 2012 13:48

cineteq wrote:you crack me up. :D

Uh oh, I think I'm going to change my mind again. LOL.

I think you're going to change it a lot of times until next May... :o
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,958
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

25 Oct 2012 13:56

cineteq wrote:You guys completely misunderstood me. I always wanted Purito to ride Giro/Vuelta. I said I don't think he wants to ride the Giro, even though he said he would, based on his reaction after the Giro presentation. I'm sure deep down he wants to be in the 2013 Tour, but he seems to have understood that his best opportunities are going to be better by riding Giro/Vuelta again.


We understood you perfectly. It was exactly the same as when florecita was shouting at everyone that contador won't win the vuelta because she was scared that he would not

You were scared that purito would do the tour so were shouting at everyone that it was going to happen even as purito himself announced that he would do the giro.

Now that's your period is over nstead of accepting that you acted childishly and were wrong you cone up with some half baked excuse that no one understood you.

Do t worry, we see through your weakass excuses.;)
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,960
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Oct 2012 14:12

The Hitch wrote:We understood you perfectly. It was exactly the same as when florecita was shouting at everyone that contador won't win the vuelta because she was scared that he would not

You were scared that purito would do the tour so were shouting at everyone that it was going to happen even as purito himself announced that he would do the giro.

Now that's your period is over nstead of accepting that you acted childishly and were wrong you cone up with some half baked excuse that no one understood you.

Do t worry, we see through your weakass excuses.;)
You're confusing words, 'scared' with 'disappointed', and 'excuses' with 'statements'. Sorry to give you the bad news, but I think you need a refund from the ESL school you went to. :(

Eshnar wrote:I think you're going to change it a lot of times until next May... :o
Don't think so, but don't hide if I say 'I told you so'. ;)
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

25 Oct 2012 14:15

So fanboys invasion for may and july huh?
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,106
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

25 Oct 2012 14:19

cineteq wrote:Don't think so, but don't hide if I say 'I told you so'. ;)

If a tell you that if you flip a coin now, it will be 'head', and by chance it really happens, will I be entitled to say I told you so?

You have about 50% chance and you're saying without any reasoning. That's not enough to say I told you so if you'll eventually be right.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,958
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

25 Oct 2012 14:20

It should be Wiggins. I think he will be even or better with Nibz on the mountains and he will beat him in the TT's. I think JRod is going to the Tour and Menchov will be at the Giro instead.
rzombie1988
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Joined: 19 Jul 2009 16:41

25 Oct 2012 14:23

Eshnar wrote:If a tell you that if you flip a coin now, it will be 'head', and by chance it really happens, will I be entitled to say I told you so?

You have about 50% chance and you're saying without any reasoning. That's not enough to say I told you so if you'll eventually be right.
You already quoted me saying why, so yes, I can say that with no regrets. :)
Don't understand your reseaning of 50%, it doesn't apply.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

25 Oct 2012 14:27

cineteq wrote:You already quoted me saying why, so yes, I can say that with no regrets. :)
Don't understand your reseaning of 50%, it doesn't apply.

You're reasoning is that you think Purito wants the Tour (not many other arguments...). Unless you're him, that's a pure conjecture, so you have 50% of chance to get it right.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,958
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

25 Oct 2012 14:27

johnnycash wrote:Nibs had his chance and he came up short, even with more hilly parcours, I wouldn't expect much more from him. Purito though, if his form his there he could inflict some damage on Wiggo if Sky are not Tour-strong.


Saying that makes it sound like Nibali will never perform again. I'd rate his chances as better then Purito's. Purito may be able to win bonus seconds in the uphill sprints but in the long run at this Giro I think Nibali will come out better. The 56 km time trial will be a huge disadvantage for him, he's improved a lot on his TT but I don't think he's improved enough to hold off guys like Wiggins and Nibali in a time trial that long. And even if he does hold them off there he still has a 20 km TT.

For the record though, I would love to see Purito ride away with the win. I really hope he will be one of the primary animators of the race.

whittashau wrote:What sort of resources do you think Astana are going to throw into the Giro? Are they going to prioritize a Giro win over a possible Tour top ten? Will Nibbles' main support will be Agnoli, Tiralongo and Gasparotto?


Yes, know one remembers the guy that got a top 10 at the tour. A win in the Giro will always take precedence over a tour top 10.
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,230
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

25 Oct 2012 15:12

The MTT being a big roller helps Nibali, but I still think Purito will take a few seconds there. The long ITT is only around 25km of straight/flat so maybe the deficit would only be around 2'.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,773
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

25 Oct 2012 16:11

Afrank wrote:Saying that makes it sound like Nibali will never perform again. I'd rate his chances as better then Purito's. Purito may be able to win bonus seconds in the uphill sprints but in the long run at this Giro I think Nibali will come out better. The 56 km time trial will be a huge disadvantage for him, he's improved a lot on his TT but I don't think he's improved enough to hold off guys like Wiggins and Nibali in a time trial that long. And even if he does hold them off there he still has a 20 km TT.

For the record though, I would love to see Purito ride away with the win. I really hope he will be one of the primary animators of the race.



Yes, know one remembers the guy that got a top 10 at the tour. A win in the Giro will always take precedence over a tour top 10.


Purito was owning everyone on climbs whether they are mountains or hills in the Giro. He even made Contador look lucky.
rzombie1988
Junior Member
 
Posts: 356
Joined: 19 Jul 2009 16:41

25 Oct 2012 17:11

The course is good for Wiggins... but... If J-rod or Nibali can break him on a steep climb he could be out the door quickly... J-rod could be instrumental in breaking Wiggins, but won't win because of the TT.
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,171
Joined: 15 Feb 2011 02:57
Location: Wisconsin

25 Oct 2012 19:12

Eshnar wrote:You're reasoning is that you think Purito wants the Tour (not many other arguments...). Unless you're him, that's a pure conjecture, so you have 50% of chance to get it right.
I told you so! :D

Rodríguez delays decision on riding 2013 Tour de France
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodriguez-delays-decision-on-riding-2013-tour-de-france?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

25 Oct 2012 19:21


That doesn't mean anything u.u
The Vuelta will get 12 uphill finishes and Purito will target that.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,958
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

25 Oct 2012 19:38

Eshnar wrote:That doesn't mean anything u.u
The Vuelta will get 12 uphill finishes and Purito will target that.
Regardless of what he might decide, I just wanted to tease you. :)
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

25 Oct 2012 19:43

Wiggins is thinking he will repeat his TDF 2012 trick with the ITT, but Nibali will teach him a lesson, besides the mountains are normally steeper than the TDF so not really in the advantage of Wiggo who will do the podium of course.
User avatar Lexman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,599
Joined: 02 Jul 2011 20:34
Location: Oise (France)

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barmaher, Carols, Eclipse, Google [Bot], ice&fire, Jan the Man, kanari, King Of Molehill, KubaWinter, Squirbos_19, Stromeon, thehook, whittashau and 69 guests

Back to top