Register

New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

19 Dec 2012 21:41

auscyclefan94 wrote:It seems that Van den Cock can now look like an even bigger **** in his ****ty jersey.

Time of the month, ACF?
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

19 Dec 2012 21:42

will10 wrote:Time of the month, ACF?

No, I just strongly dislike JVDB.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

19 Dec 2012 21:43

auscyclefan94 wrote:No, I just strongly dislike JVDB.

yea,who likes him?:o

[SIZE="1"]oh belgians:D[/SIZE]
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

19 Dec 2012 21:51

ILovecycling wrote:yea,who likes him?:o

[SIZE="1"]oh belgians:D[/SIZE]

He dislikes JVDB because he was so aggressive during the 2009 Tour de France. Instead of working for Evans who sucked hard.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 21:52

El Pistolero wrote:He dislikes JVDB because he was so aggressive during the 2009 Tour de France. Instead of working for Evans who sucked hard.

No, it was what happened behind the scenes and the disrespect JVDB has for others. He is also a massive dickhead
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.

19 Dec 2012 21:54

auscyclefan94 wrote:No, it was what happened behind the scenes and the disrespect JVDB has for others. He is also a massive dickhead

The Lotto team is happy to work for him. No one at Lotto however liked to work for Evans. Not even Gilbert.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 21:56

El Pistolero wrote:He dislikes JVDB because he was so aggressive during the 2009 Tour de France. Instead of working for Evans who sucked hard.

^^that

auscyclefan94 wrote:No, it was what happened behind the scenes and the disrespect JVDB has for others. He is also a massive dickhead

wrong it's because of the reason Pisti gave
User avatar Parrulo

19 Dec 2012 21:57

El Pistolero wrote:The Lotto team is happy to work for him. No one at Lotto however liked to work for Evans. Not even Gilbert.

Gilbert doesn't like to work for anyone. PG: "Me me me me me me me!" Saying no one liked working for him is simply not true either/ That is just your on Belgian fantasy.

Parrulo wrote:^^that

wrong it's because of the reason Pisti gave

See, the difference is that I actually know for a fact on what happened. Nor you or Pisti do.

Yeah the few things he says about others aren't exactly positive, like when he rode into Sarkozy in 2010. He's only focused on his own goals and doesn't care about others, but that's what got him two top 5's in the Tour after all.

The Lotto jersey is getting pretty ugly. Team jerseys shouldn't have more than 3 main colors. Adding the yellow to the blue-white-red hasn't worked out.
User avatar Pentacycle

19 Dec 2012 21:59

auscyclefan94 wrote:Gilbert doesn't like to work for anyone. PG: "Me me me me me me me!" Saying no one liked working for him is simply not true either/ That is just your on Belgian fantasy.

Cadel Evans began the final charge up the Mur de Huy in Wednesday's Flèche Wallonne and looked to be in a good position to win, but ended up taking fifth. It was another lost opportunity for Silence-Lotto, and co-captain Philippe Gilbert was unhappy with both the result and Evans' performance.

"Before the race he told us he was not doing well, but during the race he said he was fine," Gilbert said to sporza.be.

In the finale the team rode for Evans, "but we knew that he was not good enough to win. It is not easy for us to have a leader who does not know what he wants."

User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 22:01

El Pistolero wrote:Cadel Evans began the final charge up the Mur de Huy in Wednesday's Flèche Wallonne and looked to be in a good position to win, but ended up taking fifth. It was another lost opportunity for Silence-Lotto, and co-captain Philippe Gilbert was unhappy with both the result and Evans' performance.

"Before the race he told us he was not doing well, but during the race he said he was fine," Gilbert said to sporza.be.

In the finale the team rode for Evans, "but we knew that he was not good enough to win. It is not easy for us to have a leader who does not know what he wants."

So you are basing your evidence on one race? Nice work! :rolleyes:

19 Dec 2012 22:05

auscyclefan94 wrote:So you are basing your evidence on one race? Nice work! :rolleyes:

what about evans obsessing about needing to be on rider X's wheel all day long weather the rest of the team thought it was a good idea or not?
User avatar Parrulo

19 Dec 2012 22:05

auscyclefan94 wrote:So you are basing your evidence on one race? Nice work! :rolleyes:

Even recently he said he doesn't want to ride the Tour and will only go if Evans or TJVG demands it. Then he said Tejay has his favor over Evans. ;)

User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 23:27

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Image

It's a good Jersey. It will be easy to spot them on TV, both frontal as from above.

Too bad of all the small sponsor logos, but of course the money makes up for that.
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

19 Dec 2012 23:46

auscyclefan94 wrote:Gilbert doesn't like to work for anyone. PG: "Me me me me me me me!" Saying no one liked working for him is simply not true either/ That is just your on Belgian fantasy.

He seemed fine with working for Greipel in the 2011 Tour.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

20 Dec 2012 03:03

auscyclefan94 wrote:Saying no one liked working for him is simply not true either/ That is just your on Belgian fantasy.

Yeah that's right! Mario Aerts, Chris Horner, Robbie McEwen, Wim Vansevenant, Jurgen Van Den Broeck, Johan Van Summeren and the others all loved working for/riding with Evans. The media interviews were just a red herring.

Didn't you know that Pisti???? :rolleyes:
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1

evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss

20 Dec 2012 09:01

Buffalo Soldier wrote:It's a good Jersey. It will be easy to spot them on TV, both frontal as from above.

Too bad of all the small sponsor logos, but of course the money makes up for that.

Since we havent seen the back of the jersey, we really dont know yet (0; But ye from the front it will be easy to spot. But easy to spot alone doesnt make a good jersey. Its puking ugly.
User avatar Cimber

20 Dec 2012 09:11

Cimber wrote:Since we havent seen the back of the jersey, we really dont know yet (0; But ye from the front it will be easy to spot. But easy to spot alone doesnt make a good jersey. Its puking ugly.

Ugliness is relative, in cycling jerseys. At least this one isn't black, blue and white.
theyoungest

20 Dec 2012 09:22

theyoungest wrote:Ugliness is relative, in cycling jerseys. At least this one isn't black, blue and white.

STFU that was the best jersey ever everyone knows that now go away you clearly know nothing about cycling okay goodbye

:D ;)
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing