Register

New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Dec 2012 20:32

Parrulo wrote:more pics on what is imo, the best kit so far:

snip

Am I the only one that doesn't think much of this kit lol? I'm not going as far as to say it's ugly, but I'm really indifferent to it. Guess I'm not a fan of the colours they're using.

Blanco cycling team looks like a laundry detergent team to me. :o
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

23 Dec 2012 20:36

El Pistolero wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't think much of this kit lol? I'm not going as far as to say it's ugly, but I'm really indifferent to it. Guess I'm not a fan of the colours they're using.

well its wearable, but I do somewhat agree that the base line design is dull. Very good for the sponsor however. Clean and cut dry.

Edit: I prefer Coldeportes '12 over this.
Dazed and Confused

23 Dec 2012 20:37

El Pistolero wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't think much of this kit lol? I'm not going as far as to say it's ugly, but I'm really indifferent to it. Guess I'm not a fan of the colours they're using.

+1 about Movistar, those pictures posted above remind somewhat remind me of Sky and boring dark colours.
I thought they would have a more shiny outfit, that would give it more appeal.
User avatar Pentacycle

23 Dec 2012 20:42

That doesn't look like the rel kit to me... Chinese knockoff?
Ad Rock

23 Dec 2012 20:43

The Movistar jersey is just as bland as the rest. Dark with a gobble of alien spit, I don't see what's so special about it.
theyoungest

23 Dec 2012 20:44

Indeed, nothing special at all. Movistar 2012 kit >>> 2013

Euskaltel best kit so far from the ones I've seen.
User avatar Flamin

23 Dec 2012 20:46

3M and Lotto-Belisol look like 1989 or 1994 peloton.
RHRH19861986

23 Dec 2012 21:04

front:

back:

side:

:eek: God damn that is one of the best jerseys in years! _O_
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

23 Dec 2012 21:07

Netserk wrote::eek: God damn that is one of the best jerseys in years! _O_

a three year old could design it once the logo and brand name was known, still simplicity sometimes work.
Dazed and Confused

23 Dec 2012 21:11

Dazed and Confused wrote:a three year old could design it once the logo and brand name was known, still simplicity sometimes work.

What can I say. Coldeportes' is also one I absolutely love.

Though I also like some of the more colourful like Illes Balears (2005)

Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

23 Dec 2012 21:14

Netserk wrote:What can I say. Coldeportes' is also one I absolutely love.

agree, a winner. Much tougher to get the design to work.
Dazed and Confused

23 Dec 2012 21:22

Parrulo, why do you think this kit is any good? I personally like last year's kit because the background used a shade of blue that was slightly lighter which complemented the green really well. The background this year is too dark and does not stand out well.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

23 Dec 2012 21:32

I don't see the problem with the Lotto kit? It's a clear design, a good color scheme (national colors, also), and rather fresh.

Euskaltel, on the other hand, has its worst jersey in years, imho.
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

23 Dec 2012 22:16

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I don't see the problem with the Lotto kit? It's a clear design, a good color scheme (national colors, also), and rather fresh.

Euskaltel, on the other hand, has its worst jersey in years, imho.

Good color schemes always consist of two or three main colors, Lotto just wanted the Telenet money so adding a fourth was the only option. Maybe it's your 'nationalistic' bias, but Lotto's 2013 design is far from good looking.
User avatar Pentacycle

23 Dec 2012 22:28

They should have declined a big sponsor because of their jersey? :D

I know i'm the odd one here, since no single other person seems to like it, but of course "de gustibus etc..."
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

23 Dec 2012 22:47

Agree for the most part. It's not a bad jersey, but it's not that great either. I like how they went a little darker but would have liked a little more design in it. Just a little too simple for my taste
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

23 Dec 2012 22:49

auscyclefan94 wrote:Parrulo, why do you think this kit is any good? I personally like last year's kit because the background used a shade of blue that was slightly lighter which complemented the green really well. The background this year is too dark and does not stand out well.

this years blue is much darker but also much brighter then last years, with the florescent green both on the front and on the back the contrast should make this kit very easily to spot.

unlike previous incarnations of the team movistar is right now the only top sponsor the team has so obviously they only use their colours.

some may think the kit is dull because it only has 2 colours and compare it to leopard trek and sky but the truth is the colours of the leopard trek were black and some washed out baby blue which didn't stand out at all and sky is full black with a type of blandish blue. so they were totally different from the dark but bright blue and florescent green of movistar imo. also when sky changed their kit in 2011 for the green version with the bright green the kit improved 10 fold imo.
User avatar Parrulo

24 Dec 2012 08:49

until now, best jersey Lotto belisol: the yellow suits very good. Love it.
Also good Euskaltel

Movistar too bare, the rest nothing special.

Lets wait for sky by rapha
Aguirre

24 Dec 2012 09:01

Netserk wrote:What can I say. Coldeportes' is also one I absolutely love.

my favorites are:

also I loved these teams
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

24 Dec 2012 12:35

Ryo Hazuki wrote:my favorites are:

also I loved these teams

Man I love that Tecos jersey.
Colombia es Pasion 2011 was awesome too: http://ospina.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nquintana.jpg
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing