Register

New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

03 Jan 2013 18:41

Ad Rock wrote:I agree completely...It always amazes me that many refer to the Lampre jerseys as *always* being great... really?

I understand there isn't much they can do about the colour choices (all sponsor-driven)... but can't they do something better with those colours? At least its easy to spot!

In an increasingly monochrome péloton, standing out is good. All these black-white-and-blue kits look great in the photographer's studio and at the deluxe press launch with the bigwigs and the media... but they're hard to pick out on a poor quality image on a rainy day in Belgium, or from a helicopter at a distance in the mountains of the Basque Country.

Being neon pink erases this problem. You always know where the Lampre guys are. And that means that if they do something, it's easier for the commentator to spot, which means they get mentioned more often. This means that the sponsor is easier to see, and easier to remember. Therefore it is a big success for a sponsor, especially if their team isn't likely to be winning big otherwise. Remember Footon?
User avatar Libertine Seguros

03 Jan 2013 20:46

Libertine Seguros wrote:In an increasingly monochrome péloton, standing out is good. All these black-white-and-blue kits look great in the photographer's studio and at the deluxe press launch with the bigwigs and the media... but they're hard to pick out on a poor quality image on a rainy day in Belgium, or from a helicopter at a distance in the mountains of the Basque Country.

Being neon pink erases this problem. You always know where the Lampre guys are. And that means that if they do something, it's easier for the commentator to spot, which means they get mentioned more often. This means that the sponsor is easier to see, and easier to remember. Therefore it is a big success for a sponsor, especially if their team isn't likely to be winning big otherwise. Remember Footon?

Lampre riding WT races is just a myth that has never been proven.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

03 Jan 2013 20:59

El Pistolero wrote:Lampre riding WT races is just a myth that has never been proven.

Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

03 Jan 2013 21:05

Netserk wrote:Image

Scarponi will be brutal in the Giro. No doubt.
Dazed and Confused

03 Jan 2013 21:10

Ad Rock wrote:That doesn't look like the rel kit to me... Chinese knockoff?

exactly my thoughts-Nanili cannot be doing such poor job- even with plain colours......... so Movistar kit is a no go.

Saxo & Vini Fantini kits are the ones I liked so far....
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07

03 Jan 2013 21:11

Netserk wrote:Image

That's obviously fake.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

03 Jan 2013 21:16

Njbb1995 wrote:Cornu in the new Topsport Vlaanderen Baloise kit

More white and blue.
Great.
Dazed and Confused

03 Jan 2013 22:06

boomcie wrote:Wiggins' face looks like he's having his prostate examined in this picture.

holy **** :D:D:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

04 Jan 2013 05:46

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:Sojasun goes green:

THey had to switch to green, since Sojasun's color is green, as opposed to blue for Saur last year. They are also supporting a good cause, people with Myopathies (telethon on the side of the jerseys) but I guess it would be replaced by a new co-sponsor during the season.

And Brice Feillu is growing an ugly moustache
“I’m not a human. I’m a piece of machinery. I don’t need to feel a thing. Just forge on ahead.” Haruki Murakami

"No me arranques, no me arranques”, le suplicó el de Pinto a Valverde
“Esto es una competición”, dijo Valverde.

http://enchassepatate.blogspot.com/
User avatar nobilis

04 Jan 2013 10:59

Argos-Shimano's jersey for 2013

Farmer Sam

04 Jan 2013 11:03

Looks like an upgrade from this year. Still boring, though.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet

04 Jan 2013 14:15

Hugo Koblet wrote:Looks like an upgrade from this year. Still boring, though.

just like the team. . . .
User avatar Parrulo

04 Jan 2013 14:26

El Pistolero wrote:That's obviously fake.

Yeh, Basso would never finish 4th on a ramp.
Ferminal

04 Jan 2013 15:10

Ok, I am revising my opinion on the new Sky kits. Looks pretty darn good on the bike actually.
kanari

04 Jan 2013 15:13

Arnout wrote:Image

Backside. Should still be easy to spot from the helicoptor, especially with Rabobank gone.

Oh horror I just spotted the socks are black :(

The shorts have to be a major improvement. The Basque flag might have been better placed on the chest - on the sleeve it looks like a bird got them.
Overall much better.
User avatar rainman

04 Jan 2013 15:33

kanari wrote:
Ok, I am revising my opinion on the new Sky kits. Looks pretty darn good on the bike actually.

EBH, yes. The regular kit,not so much imho. Its not bad per say, just uninteresting.
User avatar Cimber

04 Jan 2013 20:09

First pic of Johan le Bon in the new jersey:

User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

04 Jan 2013 20:19

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:First pic of Johan le Bon in the new jersey:

That's nice, although I found the all-white look back in the times of Gilbert @ Francaise des Jeux more classy!
User avatar staubsauger

04 Jan 2013 21:23

staubsauger wrote:That's nice, although I found the all-white look back in the times of Gilbert @ Francaise des Jeux more classy!

johan le bon, damm, this is the guy france has been waiting since Hinault, I'm not kidding, forget about Pinot, the man is Le Bon (the Good),

I see him a big fatty in this pic, maybe he is another promise:)

anyway, nothing new in that kit, btw, love sky in rapha, i give 5 stars to that
Aguirre

04 Jan 2013 22:09

Buffalo Soldier wrote:They should have declined a big sponsor because of their jersey? :D

I know i'm the odd one here, since no single other person seems to like it, but of course "de gustibus etc..."

It's a good looking kit to me. I have no problems with it. I'd wear it proudly with no shame if it were my club/team kit.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing