Register

New Jerseys - 2013 Season - TeamKits-Maillots-Tricots-Tenues-and-Exotics

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

14 Jan 2013 20:14

Tugboat wrote:No they weren't wearing last year's kit. They were wearing something modified slightly from2012 with the Enovos and Nissan logos removed.

I suspect that'll be it for 2013... no design change, but room on the shoulders and collar for a sponsor (if they get any new ones) to buy a spot.

That's still the 2012 jersey with blacked out 'NISSAN' at the left chest. enovos still on the collars. ;)

Trust me!
roadbiker

14 Jan 2013 20:15

That can't be the official 2013 kit, the Livestrong band is still on there, I would imagine that will be gone on the '13 kit.
cyclingPRpro

14 Jan 2013 20:17

cyclingPRpro wrote:That can't be the official 2013 kit, the Livestrong band is still on there, I would imagine that will be gone on the '13 kit.

As I said, this pic shows 2012 kit with some blacked out areas.
roadbiker

14 Jan 2013 20:25

[sarcasm]

2013 or still 2012, this team jersey is maybe the one which fixed the best to his team leader ever.

Boring, lame, uninspirational, slippery, unattractive, without anything special or distinctive, achlorophyllaceous, characterless

Just like Andy Schleck :D ;)

[/sarcasm]
User avatar staubsauger

14 Jan 2013 20:38

IAM: Yet another jersey designed with a snazzy launch in a sterile press conference atmosphere in mind, and with no consideration shown to being distinctive or noticeable on the road.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

14 Jan 2013 21:35

Libertine Seguros wrote:IAM: Yet another jersey designed with a snazzy launch in a sterile press conference atmosphere in mind, and with no consideration shown to being distinctive or noticeable on the road.

You regard cycling as disconnected from reality, however these jersey designers have to keep the sponsor's color scheme in mind. Apparently black, blue, and white is the new thing in business land.

Squire wrote:This British designer? :)

(sorry for double post)

Italy, land of fashion, lets a Brit design the jersey of its national tour. Non capisco.

It's not even pretty.
theyoungest

14 Jan 2013 22:21

Why do you even need a famous designer to develop a GT jersey? It's all pink with sponsor logos. Where can I apply for this easy money job?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

14 Jan 2013 22:44

El Pistolero wrote:Why do you even need a famous designer to develop a GT jersey? It's all pink with sponsor logos. Where can I apply for this easy money job?

I've been wondering the same. Both the shape and the colour of the thing are pretty given so... I guess all there is to design is placement of the logos...
In Italy when you need a coffee you need the right barista, so you need to teach Chris [Juul Jensen] how to make the right coffee.

Lars Michaelsen during the Tinkoff-Saxo team briefing before stage 11 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia.
User avatar RedheadDane

14 Jan 2013 23:20

theyoungest wrote:You regard cycling as disconnected from reality, however these jersey designers have to keep the sponsor's color scheme in mind. Apparently black, blue, and white is the new thing in business land.

That's as may be, but you can still do things with those three colours to be noticeable and different. I'm sure Blanco will be easier to spot than most. Sky, by getting rid of that stupid white block on the back, have improved their jerseys 1000%, because they might be distinguishable from the rest of the morass in the helicam shots now with the one thick stripe down the middle of the all-black kit. Colnago-CSF used blue and white with a kit that looked stylish from the front and, with the all-light-blue back, was also easily spotted.

While the sponsors' colours may lend themselves to a bland corporate kit designed solely with the press conference in mind (hey, not everybody can be Liquigas or Euskaltel), you can still do something with those colours to make yourself noticeable and get your name mentioned on air. Hopefully they have like, a neon blue helmet or something that makes them stand out. A bit like how before this upcoming season, Movistar were recognisable not because of the fairly generic dark blue kit that blended in with a lot of the others in bad weather on the helicam, but because they had those neon green helmets that made them easy to spot.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

14 Jan 2013 23:23

The funny thing is, when they didn't have any famous designer to make the jersey back in 2003&2004 there was just much more design in the jersey than now
User avatar staubsauger

15 Jan 2013 00:54

RedheadDane wrote:I've been wondering the same. Both the shape and the colour of the thing are pretty given so... I guess all there is to design is placement of the logos...

Paul Smith is a big cycling fan, his studio is littered with bicycles. He has done a few things with Rapha, who as we know is the kit sponsor of team sky now.

Team Sky won the tour with Bradley Wiggins, who has shot to fame because of his accomplishments.

The giro has tried hard to entice Wiggins to race, as part of them trying to "internationalise" their event.

Wiggins is British, and in Britain there has been a big rise in the popularity of cycling lately, due to Cavendish and Wiggins being right at the top.

Paul Smith is also British, which ties into their "Internationalisation", which ties perfectly into their marketing and promotion strategy, which will give more value to them in the regions they are trying to promote in than someone like Armani rolling out the kit.

Thats why the Italians need a British designer to do the Maglia Rosa. Also, even the most managed style guide needs a designer to interpret it in some way, so why not get one that gives you maximum exposure.

all in all, great move by the organisers.
observer

15 Jan 2013 08:58

RedheadDane wrote:I've been wondering the same. Both the shape and the colour of the thing are pretty given so... I guess all there is to design is placement of the logos...

The devil is in the details ;).
User avatar GP Blanco

15 Jan 2013 09:50

Maybe... maybe they'd order the sponsor logos in a way so that they'd have a hidden message! :cool:
In Italy when you need a coffee you need the right barista, so you need to teach Chris [Juul Jensen] how to make the right coffee.

Lars Michaelsen during the Tinkoff-Saxo team briefing before stage 11 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia.
User avatar RedheadDane

15 Jan 2013 10:35

By the same token, no one will ever have to design a tuxedo again...
theyoungest

16 Jan 2013 14:49

Libertine Seguros wrote:That's as may be, but you can still do things with those three colours to be noticeable and different. I'm sure Blanco will be easier to spot than most. Sky, by getting rid of that stupid white block on the back, have improved their jerseys 1000%, because they might be distinguishable from the rest of the morass in the helicam shots now with the one thick stripe down the middle of the all-black kit. Colnago-CSF used blue and white with a kit that looked stylish from the front and, with the all-light-blue back, was also easily spotted.

While the sponsors' colours may lend themselves to a bland corporate kit designed solely with the press conference in mind (hey, not everybody can be Liquigas or Euskaltel), you can still do something with those colours to make yourself noticeable and get your name mentioned on air. Hopefully they have like, a neon blue helmet or something that makes them stand out. A bit like how before this upcoming season, Movistar were recognisable not because of the fairly generic dark blue kit that blended in with a lot of the others in bad weather on the helicam, but because they had those neon green helmets that made them easy to spot.

Sky improved? Are you kidding??:mad:
All that black just soaks up the heat, whereas white reflects some of it out.
Sky 10 suffered like dogs in the Tour (I think it was one of the hottest on record). In 11 Bradley had to win the national champs just so he could wear a whiter shirt. By 12, they had included more white so he didn't need to upset his training progamme and ride the nationals.
I am amazed that Brialsford has let this step backwards go ahead: maybe they are going to tone it down for 13 right enough:rolleyes:
coinneach

16 Jan 2013 15:19

I don't think the other Paul Smith Giro jerseys were posted here yet

I love the white one!
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

16 Jan 2013 16:08

coinneach wrote:I am amazed that Brialsford has let this step backwards go ahead: maybe they are going to tone it down for 13 right enough:rolleyes:

I am sure Rapha with their marketing machinery will come up with a different design for the Tour.
roadbiker

16 Jan 2013 16:50

roadbiker wrote:I am sure Rapha with their marketing machinery will come up with a different design for the Tour.

I didn't think you were allowed to change design mid season (apart from lesser sponcer names?)
coinneach

16 Jan 2013 16:53

I thought for a minute Wiggins had a fashion line with Paul Smith, but it was Fred Perry. Not a million miles away though - Mods and all that.
Scientific Expert
User avatar taiwan

16 Jan 2013 16:54

coinneach wrote:I didn't think you were allowed to change design mid season (apart from lesser sponcer names?)

According to the rules, you can have a special kit for one race a year no matter if there is a change in sponsor lineup or not. It's up to the team, which race they choose and when.
roadbiker

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing