Register

UCI World Tour Teams for 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

UCI World Tour Teams for 2013

29 Oct 2012 19:08

The first list includes the names of the 15 top teams in terms of sporting value (by alphabetical order):

AG2R LA MONDIALE
ASTANA PRO TEAM
BMC RACING TEAM
CANNONDALE
EUSKALTEL – EUSKADI
FORMER RABOBANK
GARMIN SHARP
KATUSHA
LAMPRE – MERIDA
MOVISTAR TEAM
OMEGA PHARMA – QUICK-STEP CYCLING TEAM
ORICA GREENEDGE
RADIOSHACKNISSAN
SKY PROCYCLING
VACANSOLEIL – DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM

The second list indicates teams ranked 16th to 20th :

16. TEAM ARGOS – SHIMANO
17. LOTTO BELISOL
18. FDJ
19. TEAM EUROPCAR
20. TEAM SAXO – TINKOFF
User avatar Forunculo

29 Oct 2012 20:10

No ProTour status for Europcar + one other. My random prediction.
User avatar wirral

29 Oct 2012 20:14

I think/hope Argos-Shimano get the nod,Degenkolb and Kittel have shown they are both future stars,the more we see of them the better,i even like Kittel's chat,he is prepared to say what needs said.Saxo must be in also,no brainer for obvious reasons.
User avatar Telmisartan new

29 Oct 2012 20:20

Speaking of Argos....can Kittel and Degenkolb co-exist? I really can't say who is the better of the two. Kittel seems more like a pure sprinter, Dek seems to be more of an overall sprinter (hilly, non-train type sprints)...I hope we see them co-exist....but who do you bring to the Tour de France? Dek seems to be able to compete in a green jersey competition...Kittel seems to be able to win a flat out sprint...

I dunno.
User avatar Old School

29 Oct 2012 20:23

Old School wrote:Speaking of Argos....can Kittel and Degenkolb co-exist? I really can't say who is the better of the two. Kittel seems more like a pure sprinter, Dek seems to be more of an overall sprinter (hilly, non-train type sprints)...I hope we see them co-exist....but who do you bring to the Tour de France? Dek seems to be able to compete in a green jersey competition...Kittel seems to be able to win a flat out sprint...

I dunno.

Yeah,tough one,nice dilemma to have,your right though, Degenkolb is more versatile although i think Kittel would have a better chance against Cav/Greipel at TDF on a flat run in.

29 Oct 2012 20:24

If it was purely down to rankings as I believe it should be then its an easy decision for 19th and 20th on the list not to be included.

However we all know that Saxo wont be in the 2 to miss out for obvious reasons so Europcar and Argos are the most in danger.
User avatar Pricey_sky

29 Oct 2012 20:26

wirral wrote:No ProTour status for Europcar + one other. My random prediction.

Europcar has resigned. It's between Saxo and Argos for the last license, according to this.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56784
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

29 Oct 2012 20:29

cineteq wrote:Europcar has resigned. It's between Saxo and Argos for the last license, according to this.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56784

Interesting,Saxo in a spot then, they'll still be at the GT's anyway but it will defo be a big blow to Riis if they miss out.

29 Oct 2012 20:40

FDJ must get a license, if not I will be furious.

The others I do not care about.
Democracy has failed - time for something better.
Mad Elephant Man

29 Oct 2012 20:47

Mad Elephant Man wrote:FDJ must get a license, if not I will be furious.

The others I do not care about.

My favourite team, aah...Fedrigo and young Pinot,gotta love em.

29 Oct 2012 21:01

Telmisartan new wrote:I think/hope Argos-Shimano get the nod,Degenkolb and Kittel have shown they are both future stars,the more we see of them the better,i even like Kittel's chat,he is prepared to say what needs said.Saxo must be in also,no brainer for obvious reasons.

yeah we really need more sprinters :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

29 Oct 2012 21:07

Ryo Hazuki wrote:yeah we really need more sprinters :rolleyes:

I just like seeing exciting young talent,matters not whether its Kittel or Quintana, Degenkolb or Pinot, Demare or Henao, Moser or Guardini. I like all of the aforementioned Ryo.They are all bringing something to the table.

29 Oct 2012 21:26

Telmisartan new wrote:I just like seeing exciting young talent,matters not whether its Kittel or Quintana, Degenkolb or Pinot, Demare or Henao, Moser or Guardini. I like all of the aforementioned Ryo.They are all bringing something to the table.

IMHO Alberto brings to the table a bit more than Deg and Kittel together:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

29 Oct 2012 21:28

Telmisartan new wrote:Interesting,Saxo in a spot then, they'll still be at the GT's anyway but it will defo be a big blow to Riis if they miss out.

The mistakes Saxo has made. Main reason: not able to define the objectives since the beginning of the year.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56791
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

29 Oct 2012 21:45

ILovecycling wrote:IMHO Alberto brings to the table a bit more than Deg and Kittel together:rolleyes:

Your preaching to the converted.A cursory glance through my posts would tell you how much i admire AC.:rolleyes:

29 Oct 2012 21:50

cineteq wrote:The mistakes Saxo has made. Main reason: not able to define the objectives since the beginning of the year.
http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56791

Yeah,very interesting indeed,even if they had AC's points they would still have been lagging behind Argos,add in the ethical consideration (AC,Riis,Kreuziger) and it doesnt look good.I have favourited biciciclismo,looks like a good source of info Cineteq,thanks.

29 Oct 2012 23:14

Hope that Saxo and Argos get a licence, they both deserve to be in the world tour IMHO. Would be a shame to see Contador not in the WT and Argos I think have progressed far enough that they can be competitive in the WT.

Old School wrote:Speaking of Argos....can Kittel and Degenkolb co-exist? I really can't say who is the better of the two. Kittel seems more like a pure sprinter, Dek seems to be more of an overall sprinter (hilly, non-train type sprints)...I hope we see them co-exist....but who do you bring to the Tour de France? Dek seems to be able to compete in a green jersey competition...Kittel seems to be able to win a flat out sprint...

I dunno.

I think they could find a way to work together. For a race like the Tour I think it would be a good idea to send both, then they could work for Kittel on the flat sprints, and work for Degenkolb on the more hilly sprints or work for him if Kittel doesn't feel good (like this year).

Degenkolb being better on more hilly terrain then Kittel also works in Argos favor, it won't be a Cav/Greipel situation where both of them are only pure flat sprinters. More like a 2011 Hushovd/Farrar in the Tour situation where they can both get wins on different terrains.
User avatar Afrank

29 Oct 2012 23:15

I would like to see this categorizing of teams (pro-tour, continental, etc) by the UCI end (the way it used to be a few decades ago).
Let the various race organizers decide which teams to invite. The UCI should only be responsible for rules (with buy-in from national organizations, race organizers, teams, and riders and for awarding world championships.
avanti

29 Oct 2012 23:43

I don't think UCI could get away with not giving Saxo a license. It would be way to much of a f*** you to someone like Riis who has probably a bit of pull in the sport. Also, Saxo has more depth now than Argos, who has 3-4 good riders. FDJ better get in as well, especially with their dedication to anti-doping. Plus they are French, thats got to help. Argos bring nothing to the World Tour. Saxo will bring some decent excitement though.
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

29 Oct 2012 23:46

Even if I would like to see Ludvigsson in bigger races I can't see Argos add anything to WT except for two sprinters which will grant them access to enough races already.
I like cyclists dressed in orange.
User avatar hoerpi

Next

Return to Professional road racing