Register

UCI World Tour Teams for 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

31 Oct 2012 12:16

It is not because of Saxo. It is mostly so that there isn't all this point transfer. I also want new teams to start as (Pro)Continental team. I think it would be more stable that way, and we wouldn't get another Leotard 1 year team.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

31 Oct 2012 13:20

Netserk wrote:It is not because of Saxo. It is mostly so that there isn't all this point transfer. I also want new teams to start as (Pro)Continental team. I think it would be more stable that way, and we wouldn't get another Leotard 1 year team.

Exactly. What Euskaltel has done with their signings is just a disgrace and shows what a bad system this is. Would be much better if points stay with the team (or at least the majority) and new teams only as ProConti should also make it more stable.
Leonardus

31 Oct 2012 16:21

gustienordic wrote:I don't think UCI could get away with not giving Saxo a license. It would be way to much of a f*** you to someone like Riis who has probably a bit of pull in the sport. Also, Saxo has more depth now than Argos, who has 3-4 good riders. FDJ better get in as well, especially with their dedication to anti-doping. Plus they are French, thats got to help. Argos bring nothing to the World Tour. Saxo will bring some decent excitement though.

+ Fat paddy spent ages talking about Riss being one of the better directors, doing loads for anti doping the other day. Im completely sure SbTb will get one of the spots. Anything else would be a joke.
Alpehue

31 Oct 2012 16:22

Matthijs wrote:Did anybody see Saxo Bank last year? No, I did not see them eather. They have Contador, but is one rider enough for WT? It's Geox all over again: it's not a bad team, but it will be such a shame to send this squad to the Giro, to Ronde van Vlaanderen, to every race Contador does not compete in.

Argos won't be in the top 5 of LBL eather, but in most stage-races and non-mountain classics they have more to ride for them FDJ, AG2R and Cofidis combined.

Does anybody know more about Lotto and FDJ? They got a license for 2013 but why does everybody assume they won't be kicked out?

Ehm are you serious? Read the transfer tread. They deffinetly have more then 1 good rider.. Kreuziger, Roche..
Alpehue

31 Oct 2012 16:38

Alpehue wrote:Ehm are you serious? Read the transfer tread. They deffinetly have more then 1 good rider.. Kreuziger, Roche..

Oh wow, Kreuziger and Roche.

Again, it's not for nothing that they only take the 20th spot on the rider values list. They have signed some decent riders, but no great ones.
theyoungest

31 Oct 2012 16:39

theyoungest wrote:Oh wow, Kreuziger and Roche.

Again, it's not for nothing that they only take the 20th spot on the rider values list. They have signed some decent riders, but no great ones.

I disagree, lets next year. Besides, how many teams can say they have a stronger squad, especially for the GT's, where most of the sponsor money is.
Alpehue

31 Oct 2012 16:49

Netserk wrote:B: A sporting value where all the points stay with the team (and ex-dopers can score points, as they already have been sanctioned, and you can't/shouldn't get punished for the same crime twice)

You don't. The punishment is given at the same time as a 2+2 years suspension, nothing unique with that. I know that Sweden uses the same kind of punishment for economic crimes, you can get prison and then be forbidden to run a company for up to ten years.
I like cyclists dressed in orange.
User avatar hoerpi

31 Oct 2012 17:09

hoerpi wrote:You don't. The punishment is given at the same time as a 2+2 years suspension, nothing unique with that. I know that Sweden uses the same kind of punishment for economic crimes, you can get prison and then be forbidden to run a company for up to ten years.

But when Contador got banned it was only 2, and not 2+2. Later he got the additional punishment. (and I also think that the rule should be dropped altogether)
User avatar Netserk

31 Oct 2012 17:19

Contador was able to ride during his ban though did he collect points during that time?
del1962

31 Oct 2012 17:29

del1962 wrote:Contador was able to ride during his ban though did he collect points during that time?

:confused: When he rode it was before he was banned, so of course did his points count.
User avatar Netserk

31 Oct 2012 17:35

Netserk wrote::confused: When he rode it was before he was banned, so of course did his points count.

But he should not have been riding in 2011 though, so if those points counted while his case was pending with the CAS, then his team did not have the proper 2 year ban from his points, personally I think the 2 years should have been from when he stopped racing (with his previous results stripped of course) but we are getting dangerously close to clinic talk, though I have less probs discussing this rider elsewhere since he was a proven case.
del1962

31 Oct 2012 18:49

del1962 wrote:But he should not have been riding in 2011 though, so if those points counted while his case was pending with the CAS, then his team did not have the proper 2 year ban from his points, personally I think the 2 years should have been from when he stopped racing (with his previous results stripped of course) but we are getting dangerously close to clinic talk, though I have less probs discussing this rider elsewhere since he was a proven case.

As I understand, his points didn't count, even those accrued prior to ban. Giro for example.
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

31 Oct 2012 19:06

theyoungest wrote:Oh wow, Kreuziger and Roche.

Even without Contador,Saxo is going to have better riders than some teams from WT.
Kreuziger,Roche(stage races and GTs+RK classics),Breschel(classics) and Bennati(sprints) are better than best of 4 from: Ag2r,Euskaltel,Fdj,Lampre,GE.Then you have 'draw' with Vacansoleil.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

31 Oct 2012 19:37

ILovecycling wrote:Even without Contador,Saxo is going to have better riders than some teams from WT.
Kreuziger,Roche(stage races and GTs+RK classics),Breschel(classics) and Bennati(sprints) are better than best of 4 from: Ag2r,Euskaltel,Fdj,Lampre,GE.Then you have 'draw' with Vacansoleil.

I'd say those 4 draw with AG2R's new signings, Pozzovivo, Betancur, hutarovich, and Dumoulin.

Having just Sammy Sanchez beats having Roche and Kreuziger.

And Greendedge doesn't have a real GT GC guy but Gerrans, Albasini, Durbridge, and Goss are more likely to get results then Kreuziger, Roche, Breschel, and Bennati.

If we included Contador of course than Saxo beats all these teams easily ;).
User avatar Afrank

31 Oct 2012 19:57

Afrank wrote:I'd say those 4 draw with AG2R's new signings, Pozzovivo, Betancur, hutarovich, and Dumoulin.

Having just Sammy Sanchez beats having Roche and Kreuziger.

And Greendedge doesn't have a real GT GC guy but Gerrans, Albasini, Durbridge, and Goss are more likely to get results then Kreuziger, Roche, Breschel, and Bennati.

If we included Contador of course than Saxo beats all these teams easily ;).

1.Oh I forgot Hutarovich,but still it is a bit better for Saxo,cos of classics - Ag2r has only Betancur for them
2.Of course,but what about cobbled classics?sprints?
3.Gt conteder is pretty important isnt it?You are right that they have more potential for points cos of Gerrans and esp Goss,but Durbridge?:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

31 Oct 2012 20:02

User avatar Netserk

31 Oct 2012 20:08

ILovecycling wrote:1.Oh I forgot Hutarovich,but still it is a bit better for Saxo,cos of classics - Ag2r has only Betancur for them
2.Of course,but what about cobbled classics?sprints?
3.Gt conteder is pretty important isnt it?You are right that they have more potential for points cos of Gerrans and esp Goss,but Durbridge?:rolleyes:

Saxo definitely beats Euskaltel on the cobbles and sprints, just not in GT's

Durbridge I see as a up and coming talent in the TT, he had a number of wins in his first season with GE and at only 21 years old he can only get better. In comparison guys like Breshcel and Bennati don't seem to be getting any better.
Durbridge was one of the first names that came to mind when I thought about who some of the best riders or who will be one of the best riders on GE were, so I put him in. And yes GT's are important but GE isn't at all a GT contender team, they're a sprinter/TT/classics (Mostly Gerrans) team.
User avatar Afrank

31 Oct 2012 21:01

Afrank wrote:Saxo definitely beats Euskaltel on the cobbles and sprints, just not in GT's

Durbridge I see as a up and coming talent in the TT, he had a number of wins in his first season with GE and at only 21 years old he can only get better. In comparison guys like Breshcel and Bennati don't seem to be getting any better.
Durbridge was one of the first names that came to mind when I thought about who some of the best riders or who will be one of the best riders on GE were, so I put him in. And yes GT's are important but GE isn't at all a GT contender team, they're a sprinter/TT/classics (Mostly Gerrans) team.

Yeah I understand wha do you mean...you are a good guy,more people like you and this forum would be even better:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

31 Oct 2012 22:33

ILovecycling wrote:1.Oh I forgot Hutarovich,but still it is a bit better for Saxo,cos of classics - Ag2r has only Betancur for them:

Chainel and Mondory have got a few decent top 10s in their time in the Classics, or top 20s, enough to get some ranking points. Bagdonas has potential.

And really, what's Rinaldo Nocentini got to do to get some love around here?
He used to live for top 10s in the Italian one day calendar, with the likes of Emilia, Lazio, Tre Valli Varesine, Melinda, Bernocchi, Veneto, Agostini and Sabatini. Has some good wins in races like the Giro dell'Apennino, Lugano and the GP Miguel Indurain. And since he's been able to do the WT one-day races he's managed 5th and 10th at Flèche, 7th at Plouay, 9th at Amstel Gold and an array of positions 11-20 at LBL, Amstel, Lombardia etc.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

31 Oct 2012 22:44

Libertine Seguros wrote:Chainel and Mondory have got a few decent top 10s in their time in the Classics, or top 20s, enough to get some ranking points. Bagdonas has potential.

And really, what's Rinaldo Nocentini got to do to get some love around here?
He used to live for top 10s in the Italian one day calendar, with the likes of Emilia, Lazio, Tre Valli Varesine, Melinda, Bernocchi, Veneto, Agostini and Sabatini. Has some good wins in races like the Giro dell'Apennino, Lugano and the GP Miguel Indurain. And since he's been able to do the WT one-day races he's managed 5th and 10th at Flèche, 7th at Plouay, 9th at Amstel Gold and an array of positions 11-20 at LBL, Amstel, Lombardia etc.

You forgot his greatest achievement.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing