Register

Best young riders for 2013?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 Nov 2012 15:01

Pentacycle wrote:What was Henao's weight this year then? I thought he already was 61 kgs or so. If he's going to be even leaner/stronger/better next year he should be a GT leader instead of endlessly pulling for Froome/Wiggins.

And I also don't get the Aru hype. He has to prove a lot more among the pros than Dombrowski. This is the problems with all Italians basically, for example I didn't get why so many people expected Moser to be the next big thing, just because of results in minor domestic races. Italians only perform on home soil, but still they get all the hype. Could be just my problem ofc. :D

with italian u23 riders you should always look to what team they rode as u23. aru rode with pallazago, the most doped team in italian u23 cycling probably. I will wait to see how much he's worth as a pro. he would be the first rider ever from palazzago to break through as a pro. other than doping, which I admitt has been reduced a lot in recent years in italy, is the focus of the big amateur teams. they want results and don';t care about developping talents. palazzago and also zalf are good examples of this. by the time a rider becomes pro they are basically finished.

moser rode with lucchini, a much saver team I think.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Nov 2012 17:32

No one hyped Moser before turning pro. He was expected to be a talent, but there was no hype.

Aru has been far too consistent over the last years to simple disappear now as pro. Dombrowski has seen bigger discrepancies between his peak appearences and the lower ones.

So I don't see that big a difference in their PED probability. They're even in this matter I would say.

Lucchini by the way disappeared from amateur cycling after 2010's doping scandal at the Baby Giro. Not quite "safe". :p
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

20 Nov 2012 17:38

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:No one hyped Moser before turning pro. He was expected to be a talent, but there was no hype.

Aru has been far too consistent over the last years to simple disappear now as pro. Dombrowski has seen bigger discrepancies between his peak appearences and the lower ones.

So I don't see that big a difference in their PED probability. They're even in this matter I would say.

Lucchini by the way disappeared from amateur cycling after 2010's doping scandal at the Baby Giro. Not quite "safe". :p

that was a unidelta lucchini. the team moser rode for was called luchini maniva. smaller team, still active
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Nov 2012 17:50

2010's Lucchini team(s) was/were run by ex-pro Bruno Leali. Moser rode for him that year.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

20 Nov 2012 17:59

whatever it is. moser rode in 2011 for the same team and unidelta disapeared. so seems weird.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

01 Jan 2013 08:30

Best Newcomers
Danny Van Poppel - VacansOleil (only 19 yrs old)
Warren Barguil - Argos Shimano
Alexey Lutsenko - Astana
Leendert82

Previous

Return to Professional road racing