Register

Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

09 Nov 2012 06:56

Haha awesome! :D
User avatar HiCadence

09 Nov 2012 07:49

Afrank wrote:At a time when people are wishing him well and hoping he recovers he gives us one more reason to dislike him, real classy move there Wiggo :rolleyes:.

Sure media can be annoying and sometimes they deserve to be told to back off. But when your in the public eye like Wiggins is these kind of things just make you look bad and make people dislike you. Instead of resorting to childish things like flipping them off he should politely tell them to give him some space.

Nibali, Purito, Pozzovivo, Kreuziger, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso, Quintana (if he competes), Sanchez (if he competes).

The last thing Wiggins does is light up a race. ;)

Dude, that is the dream but you shoud be prepared to be disappointed if you are a fan, i know i am..he almost made me go crazy at this year Giro. :mad: :D
User avatar Zam_Olyas

09 Nov 2012 08:03

Zam_Olyas wrote:Dude, that is the dream but you shoud be prepared to be disappointed if you are a fan, i know i am..he almost made me go crazy at this year Giro. :mad: :D

Like me at vuelta :D

Do not worry he will light up the race for 7th for sure :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Nov 2012 08:42

Afrank wrote:

Nibali, Purito, Pozzovivo, Kreuziger, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso, Quintana (if he competes), Sanchez (if he competes).

The last thing Wiggins does is light up a race. ;)

Dull on the bike, but makes the press side considerable more interesting.
Dazed and Confused

09 Nov 2012 09:06

What a complete t!t Wiggins is. There was no need for him to give the one fingered salute at all.

I bet all these fan boys who are saying "Way to go Brad", "LOLZ Nice one Brad" etc are the same fools asking for Ashley Cole's head on plate when he swore on Twitter.

He is supposed to be someone to look upto, but really he is a complete d!ck.
User avatar MartinGT

09 Nov 2012 12:12

Clearly it's fine to photograph him in the privacy of his car as he leaves hospital, but I don't know where to draw the line.

The one I got through the window of him in his hospital bed turned out nice.
Also stuck the camera through the window of his house, and got one of his kids welcoming him home; and then the long lens got him in the shower.

And he gives me the finger? What a scumbag.
hatcher

09 Nov 2012 12:44

WildspokeJoe wrote:I agree absolutely classless. Just lost some respect for him.

How would you feel, returning from the hospital, high on painkillers, with an army of journalists around your car.

If you wished him well before, and now that he's shown the finger to some journalists you don't, that's not a very enduring fandom ;)
theyoungest

09 Nov 2012 12:57

Having watched the scrum on the news last night I can understand his gesture. They just wouldn't give him any peace.
User avatar ultimobici

Wiggins is like the Liam Gallagher of cycling.
jamiephillips

Wiggins collision driver's shock
"The van driver who knocked Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins off his bike on Wednesday has told The Sun that she was "devastated" when she realised it was the world's most famous cyclist. He is recuperating at home."

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-11-07/bradley-wiggins-injured-after-colliding-with-a-van/

I think the report meant "Britain's most famous cyclist." :cool:
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

09 Nov 2012 13:00

cineteq wrote:Wiggins collision driver's shock
"The van driver who knocked Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins off his bike on Wednesday has told The Sun that she was "devastated" when she realised it was the world's most famous cyclist. He is recuperating at home."

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-11-07/bradley-wiggins-injured-after-colliding-with-a-van/

I think the report meant "Britain's most famous cyclist." :cool:

Lol :o :o
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Nov 2012 13:02

theyoungest wrote:How would you feel, returning from the hospital, high on painkillers, with an army of journalists around your car.

If you wished him well before, and now that he's shown the finger to some journalists you don't, that's not a very enduring fandom ;)

I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.
WildspokeJoe

09 Nov 2012 13:09

WildspokeJoe wrote:I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

It takes very little effort not to raise the finger. Now the story is not that he has broken ribs but that he's a jerk.

You have got to be kidding.

Journalists do not point cameras into people's cars. Scumbag paparazzi hoping to make money from someone else's misery point cameras into people's cars.
hatcher

09 Nov 2012 13:14

WildspokeJoe wrote:I think it shows a great deal of immaturity. He is the current tour champion and a public figure. He is a story. Journalists are going to cover it. If the journalists got too close then that is the fault of the hospital not the reporters.

Of course, but this is a guy who clearly isn't used to being in the public eye, nor does he like it. The problem will solve itself, if he goes on like this :cool:
theyoungest

09 Nov 2012 13:33

I would agree with this tbh.

The Sky PR joke continues tbh.
User avatar MartinGT

Fall from Grace

09 Nov 2012 13:35

The wife seems a right charmer, to keep away from, her husband was on a bike probably almost invisible to all motorist probably up his own backside at the time and full of 'they can get out of my way' attitude, finger just about sums up this 'hero'
- weesox , dunbartonshire, 09/11/2012 12:59

Arrogant and rude Mr Wiggins..the one finger jesture sums you up...
- flyboy , earth, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:58

Love the "look at me " UJ wing mirrors - "I'm married to someone famous" !
- johndee , Bugibba, 09/11/2012 12:45......Do you mean "UK wing mirrors"? If so, you'll find they are simply Union Flag covers that many of us attach to the wing mirrors...not just those married to famous people.
- Deadly Earnest , Manchester, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:57

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229533/Bradley-Wiggins-released-hospital-crash-wife-Catherine-confronted-woman-driver.html#ixzz2BjPsfiMX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And...

What a lovely lady his wife appears to be?!!!! Sounds like a Rottweiler. His gesture was completely inappropriate and he should apologise
- Blue , UK, United Kingdom, 09/11/2012 12:55

arrogant little trash, both of them. just goes to show that some people can't handle any type of "fame" without it going to their heads.
- zzoo , usa, 09/11/2012 12:53

Mr & Mrs Wiggins are a couple of arrogant , rude chavs , no dignity.
- Suzie , Leeds, 09/11/2012 12:51

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229533/Bradley-Wiggins-released-hospital-crash-wife-Catherine-confronted-woman-driver.html#ixzz2BjSI9ETI

Amusing comments.
User avatar Cycle Chic

09 Nov 2012 13:37

jamiephillips wrote:Wiggins is like the Liam Gallagher of cycling.

There both actually very good friends :P Go figure lol.
User avatar HiCadence

09 Nov 2012 13:50

^ Exactly ;)
jamiephillips

09 Nov 2012 13:52

Cycle Chic wrote:And...

Amusing comments.

and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters. i'm guessing that is from the Daily Mail or the Scum.

utter crap.
adamski101

09 Nov 2012 14:03

adamski101 wrote:and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters. i'm guessing that is from the Daily Mail or the Scum.

utter crap.

plus 1 - what a load of sanctimonious rubbish. He gave the finger to a pap. Get over it.
User avatar FignonLeGrand

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing