Log in:  

Register

2013 Bold Predictions

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

2013 Bold Predictions

09 Nov 2012 21:06

1. Sagan will win Milan-San Remo, Flanders and Amstel

2. Ryder will repeat his Giro win while Wiggins will get drop in the Stelvio stage

3. Cunego will win the Alpe d'Huez stage and the KoM (TDF)

4. Gesink will not crash in the Tour.


Here are last years bold predictions:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16075
Wigwan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 269
Joined: 20 Sep 2011 23:23

09 Nov 2012 21:11

Wigwan wrote:1. Sagan will win Milan-San Remo, Flanders and Amstel

2. Ryder will repeat his Giro win while Wiggins will get drop in the Stelvio stage

3. Cunego will win the Alpe d'Huez stage and the KoM (TDF)

4. Gesink will not crash in the Tour.


Here are last years bold predictions:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16075


Number 4 is too risky :D.Anyway IMO Sagan will win MSR but not Ronde(Cancellara);)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,220
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

09 Nov 2012 21:14

Boonen will win:

Het Volk, M-SR, E3, RVV, P-R and Paris-Tours. :cool:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,927
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

09 Nov 2012 21:20

Some of the best from last year: :p

Zam_Olyas wrote:Ryder hesjedal not to top 5 at II Giro.


Havetts wrote:Menchov to win the tour.

Gesink to win Lombardia.


Panda Claws wrote:
Wigwan wrote:Which of these is the most likely to happen:

A French to podium on the TDF
or
No Italian on the Giro Podium
or
Gilbert winning less than five races next year?


The first one
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,927
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

09 Nov 2012 21:21

Gesink will at least podium in a Grand Tour.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Nov 2012 21:32

Andy schleck to finish a race
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.


The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,343
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: The Netherlands

09 Nov 2012 21:35

Red Rick wrote:Andy schleck to finish a race


Tour of Luxembourg?
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,808
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

09 Nov 2012 21:37

Degenkolb to have a better season than Sagan.

You wanted bold, you got bold. ;)
User avatar Descender
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 11:16

09 Nov 2012 21:45

Basso will win the Giro and then decides to retire.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,808
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

09 Nov 2012 21:45

Lars Boom to win PR.
Sky to have an annus horribilis.
Cunego to win the Giro.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,793
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

09 Nov 2012 21:47

Chris 'Alien' Froomedog to win all three jerseys at the tour :eek: (and the clinic to go crazy!)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,927
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

09 Nov 2012 21:47

Moser will win the WC
Schleck will finish a race
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,377
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

09 Nov 2012 22:02

Kiserlovski to win LBL and podium the giro :cool:
Lutsenko to get 15 stage victories next year
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,343
Joined: 05 May 2011 16:26

09 Nov 2012 22:05

My prediction for 2013 Alberto to win this and I win cq game

Tour + 3 stage win 840
Giro + 3 stage win 710
Vuelta + 1 stage win 570
Lombardia 275
LBL 275
FW 220
Milano Torino 140
Giro dell Emilia 140
Worlds 400
Tirreno + 2 stage win 320
Pais Vasco + 1 stage win 280
Dauphiné + 2 stage win 320
San Luis + 3 stage win 170

And that is just wins
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,722
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

09 Nov 2012 22:14

LaFlorecita wrote:My prediction for 2013 Alberto to win this and I win cq game

Tour + 3 stage win 840
Giro + 3 stage win 710
Vuelta + 1 stage win 570
Lombardia 275
LBL 275
FW 220
Milano Torino 140
Giro dell Emilia 140
Worlds 400
Tirreno + 2 stage win 320
Pais Vasco + 1 stage win 280
Dauphiné + 2 stage win 320
San Luis + 3 stage win 170

And that is just wins


These are crazy as hell,go to bed Flo:D:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,220
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

09 Nov 2012 22:24

Ryo to get banned 4 times.

Wiggins to get through an interview with an average of less than 2.5 swearwords per minute
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,576
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

09 Nov 2012 22:59

Wiggins crashes out of Giro, Froome crashes out of Tour.

Andy Schleck busted for doping at the Tour, while in a podium position behind Contador.

Boonen wins M-S-R (thanks to Cavendish).

Sagan wins Paris-Roubaix as everyone marks Canc & Boonen.

Valverde wins Vuelta, only to promptly be accused of doping by a livid and foul-mouthed Wiggins.
silverrocket
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 20:39
Location: Western Canada

09 Nov 2012 23:06

Schleck to attack once in the Tour then proudly declare that he was the only person to attack all race.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,576
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

09 Nov 2012 23:20

silverrocket wrote:Wiggins crashes out of Giro, Froome crashes out of Tour.

Andy Schleck busted for doping at the Tour, while in a podium position behind Contador.

Boonen wins M-S-R (thanks to Cavendish).

Sagan wins Paris-Roubaix as everyone marks Canc & Boonen.

Valverde wins Vuelta, only to promptly be accused of doping by a livid and foul-mouthed Wiggins.


Love these predictions. :D

- Gesink to win La Vuelta.
- Wiggins to retire as he's taken to an anger management clinic.
- T. Martin will win Dauphiné by 1 sec.
- Froome is found to be a real bio hazard after testing positive for radioactivity.
- A French to win Le Tour, not sure if it's Pinot or Rolland.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,435
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

09 Nov 2012 23:24

Gilbert to dominate at the Ardennes again (at least 2).
GVA will have a falling out with BMC.
Cancellara/ Boonen to win 1 cobbled monument each.
EBH, Sagan, Degenkolb or Goss to win M-SR.
Cav to win G-W.
Cadel Evans to podium at the TDF, ride great at the Ardennes in support of Gilbert then beat Gilbert and Nibali...at the WC (ably assisted by Gerrans, Porte and Clarke).
Speaking of Nibali i shall now say he shall win the Giro, as Wiggins may not be able to start training for a while and i think Nibali can climb just a little better than Hesjedal (who i like a lot). De Gendt shall top 5 in one GT and win Paris Nice.
Porte shall do what Froome did and at the Giro be stronger than Wiggins.
Kruiswijk will do well at a GT.
Basso will go better than he did this year.
Sagan will get the first yellow jersey at the TDF.
Moser will kick-*** at whatever GT he rides.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
User avatar greenedge
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,127
Joined: 27 Mar 2011 04:23

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigMac, Bing [Bot], Boardslide, Pricey_sky, TheGreenMonkey, timmers, Tonton and 18 guests

Back to top