Log in:  

Register

women are right!

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Nov 2012 16:45

theyoungest wrote:That's one explosive effort. How do you match up against a female pro marathon runner?


I wouldn't know, I've never run one. Even at my level athletics is specialized. You can only focus on a couple of events if you want to be competitive. ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

15 Nov 2012 16:48

theyoungest wrote:This discussion wasn't about Phil, but about whether mr. Ryo Hazuki could be as good as Marianne Vos if he only trained a little. Which is complete nonsense, and that's why I said how fast Vos went up the Cauberg..

Maybe Ryo Hazuki should take a test on his watt at FTP and see how "close" he is to Vos...

Most continental riders, who obviously train a lot, wouldn't even be close.
maltiv
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,260
Joined: 23 Oct 2009 20:25

15 Nov 2012 16:52

theyoungest wrote:I wonder how you calculated Vos' time? You can't actually see her crossing the Amstel Gold finish line. You can however see her crossing the overpass, in 1:10, which is about the same time as Gilbert.

And then the final part which took Gilbert 10 or 15 seconds would have taken her 35 seconds to complete... a bit hard to believe, that one.


yes that is the case indeed
but i took another, easier reference point from the other laps



Image


from the finish line to the arrow sign on the road, you make exactly 6 seconds.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo37KC2s-Qw&feature=plcp

so the climb starts at 2:26:21 and vos crosses at 2:28:06.and makes it televised at the arrow at 2:28:12

time should be legit: 1:45 for marianne

now you owe me a beer:p

but c'mon....eyes don't lie...did you really think she went as fast as phil???:eek:
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,400
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

15 Nov 2012 17:02

theyoungest wrote:Didn't Marianne Vos ride up the final climb of the Cauberg at the Worlds in the same time as Philippe Gilbert? Good luck with that.

It's such a moronic discussion really. "I only want to watch men's cycling because men are stronger than women". Who the f.ck cares, as long as there is a level playing field? I'd choose the Giro Donne anytime over 90% of men's races.


no she didn't and besides, it was after what 140 km? after 270 km she wouldn't even be left in the race :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:03

The Hitch wrote:Oscar sevilla and Felix cardenas are the best climbers in the world?



What is the point of this post? We are trying to compare the times of.vos and Gilbert up the cauberg from the 2012 worlds and you post the time for every other cauberg ascent in history apart.from the relevant ones


no, but others are. or do you think quintana, soler, henao etc were/are from a different countries?
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:06

Ryo Hazuki wrote:no she didn't and besides, it was after what 140 km? after 270 km she wouldn't even be left in the race :rolleyes:


i say it again,i think vos is a helluva athlete but there is no doubt in my mind too that she wouldn't have made it to the final lap with the guys.not even close.also average speed....

can't compare them, different sports almost.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,400
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

15 Nov 2012 17:06

theyoungest wrote:Yes, you commie lesbian.

What the above (interestingly, mostly Dutch) haters of women's cycling don't seem to realize that actually in their own country, viewership for women's cycling is as big as men's cycling. That is, if it is actually broadcasted, like at the Olympics and the Worlds.

the netherlands isn't even a real cycling countrie. shall we compare viewing numbers in real cyclign countries with woman cycling? also those are the only 2 woman races being broadcasted. far more people watch male cycling. tour, giro etc. or are you really thinking that if they would broadcats a female tour or giro the same amounts of people would watch in the netherlands? :o
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:10

theyoungest wrote:This discussion wasn't about Phil, but about whether mr. Ryo Hazuki could be as good as Marianne Vos if he only trained a little. Which is complete nonsense, and that's why I said how fast Vos went up the Cauberg.

The time jens_attacks calculated can't be right, so it's still up in the air whether Gilbert actually went that much faster.


lol. I said in general I could ride harder than females in cycling. I didn't say I could ride harder than vos, besides vos is like 50 kg, of course she would outclimb me. that wasn;t even the point of argument. their level of competition is a joke. that's the point and it's true. just look at their massprints and pls come and tell me you didn't fell on the floor laughing your *** off
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:11

theyoungest wrote:That's one explosive effort. How do you match up against a female pro marathon runner?


how would he know? he's not a marathon runner. however many amateur marathon male runners are faster than pro woman
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:12

maltiv wrote:Maybe Ryo Hazuki should take a test on his watt at FTP and see how "close" he is to Vos...

Most continental riders, who obviously train a lot, wouldn't even be close.


then those tests are a joke, since most male ct riders are better than vos
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 17:20

Ryo Hazuki wrote:then those tests are a joke, since most male ct riders are better than vos


Those tests don't reveal endurance, tactical sense and behaviour in races, you know what particular male Dutchman has impressive lab results too(probably been mentionted by Dekker_T before) and he doesn't add up GT victories, with all the crashes and not being able to take the pressure.

In a pure mountain TT Vos could get a top 20 among the men, I guess that's within her possibilities.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,164
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

15 Nov 2012 17:25

jens_attacks wrote:but c'mon....eyes don't lie...did you really think she went as fast as phil???:eek:

Not really, although I remember having read that somewhere on this forum. It probably wasn't right, although this isn't too convincing.

She gets the same w/kg in a physical test as a guy like Pieter Weening, that's an undisputable fact, and it's also a fact that Ryo Hazuki will never reach those numbers ;)
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

15 Nov 2012 17:38

Its all about question and demand and there is just not as much demand for woman racing then for man.

Just compare it to football the ticket prices for a game of Man United vs Chelsea are way higher then a match between Millwall and Norwich city.

The skill level is higher and there for people want to pay higher prices, sponsors are more interested in giving more money to a team which has more fans and is viewed better on the television. Thats why the people should also get different salaries.

If Man U vs Chelsea and Millwall vs Norwich City is on English television at the same time, the first match will have a 100th time more viewers and it would be the same if a man´s race and woman´s cycling race is on the TV.
User avatar Ruudz0r
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,996
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

15 Nov 2012 17:47

El Pistolero wrote:I wouldn't know, I've never run one. Even at my level athletics is specialized. You can only focus on a couple of events if you want to be competitive. ;)


Do this then. Paula radcliffes average speed for her marathon world record was 18.6 km /h. For over 2 hours. Find a treadmill and see if you can manage 5 minutes at the pace.


Ryo Hazuki wrote:no, but others are. or do you think quintana, soler, henao etc were/are from a different countries?


When was the last time these guys competed in your beloved vuelta a tachira or a guatemala or venezuela ? Aren't by your standards those races also" pathetic"?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,484
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

15 Nov 2012 17:50

Ruudz0r wrote:Its all about question and demand and there is just not as much demand for woman racing then for man.

Just compare it to football the ticket prices for a game of Man United vs Chelsea are way higher then a match between Millwall and Norwich city.

The skill level is higher and there for people want to pay higher prices, sponsors are more interested in giving more money to a team which has more fans and is viewed better on the television. Thats why the people should also get different salaries.

If Man U vs Chelsea and Millwall vs Norwich City is on English television at the same time, the first match will have a 100th time more viewers and it would be the same if a man´s race and woman´s cycling race is on the TV.


Tickets for a women's gs final are more expensive than a mens atp masters final even though the skills on display are far higher in the latter.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,484
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

15 Nov 2012 18:02

Pentacycle wrote:Those tests don't reveal endurance, tactical sense and behaviour in races, you know what particular male Dutchman has impressive lab results too(probably been mentionted by Dekker_T before) and he doesn't add up GT victories, with all the crashes and not being able to take the pressure.

In a pure mountain TT Vos could get a top 20 among the men, I guess that's within her possibilities.


no she wouldn't because a mountain itt is being done in a stagerace, in which she would already suffer so much in days before she's at big disadvantage
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 18:02

the hitch wrote:do this then. Paula radcliffes average speed for her marathon world record was 18.6 km /h. For over 2 hours. Find a treadmill and see if you can manage 5 minutes at the pace.




When was the last time these guys competed in your beloved vuelta a tachira or a guatemala or venezuela ? Aren't by your standards those races also" pathetic"?


2011


......
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 18:04

The Hitch wrote:Tickets for a women's gs final are more expensive than a mens atp masters final even though the skills on display are far higher in the latter.


I explained tennis before.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,439
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

15 Nov 2012 18:05

South American racing is comparable to cyclocross in Belgium lol.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

15 Nov 2012 18:54

Yeah.

Flanders - what, 6 million people?

South America - 350 million.

No difference at all.
User avatar Arnout
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,162
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 14:01
Location: Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akuryo, armchairclimber, Billie, Brullnux, Bushman, cantpedal, damian13ster, Domulec, elfarto, Gigs_98, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], IlGrillo, indianfanboy, jflemaire, Miburo, mr. tibbs, Mr.White, nuvolablu, olhell, PeterB, Punkan, Rollthedice, seldon71, SeriousSam, taiwan, the delgados, TommyGun, Tonton, Velolover2, Vino attacks everyone, zigzag wanderer and 149 guests

Back to top