Register

Last world tour spot to be decided between Saxo and Shimano?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Dec 2012 17:50

where can i send messages to uci? email or something,help me pls

argos in, the big joke got real. let's get ready to see them dropped in every race though
saxo in, that's hmmm logical

katusha out...mcquaid will go down i feel, makarov to hang out with lemond & co from now on. one of the strongest teams out there without license...lol also at the people writing "ethical" and "uci" in the same sentence, you're whuhulala
i want katusha in.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

10 Dec 2012 17:50

Not only in the Netherlands, but El Pistolero always goes to provocations and little jabs when he doesn't get his way. He's just like a little kid...so annoying. Best to ignore ;)
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

10 Dec 2012 17:53

roadbiker wrote:That's also my guess and there can only be one affected rider.

Surely they can't base a disicion on that untill someone is atually found guilty.

I like to imagine the UCI lot sitting around a table trying to come up with a reason as we speak. ;)
User avatar T-Nielsen

10 Dec 2012 17:55

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Not only in the Netherlands, but El Pistolero always goes to provocations and little jabs when he doesn't get his way. He's just like a little kid...so annoying. Best to ignore ;)

Let's get this clear:

- I say Avenir winners usually don't do great later in their pro career.
- I show a list of Avenir winners to prove my point. Most of them barely won anything.
- You go all Calimero on me because of Mollema.
- Mollema has one victory so far.

I didn't even have Mollema in my mind when I made that comment, you give me too much credit. Odd how you only speak of Mollema. Does that mean you agree with me that the other Avenir winners didn't turn out great effectively proving my statement to be correct? :D

Sorry I hurt your feelings, won't do it again. :)

And no you didn't hurt my feelings for mocking Jan Bakelants. I'm not a Calimero like you. :p
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

10 Dec 2012 17:59

jens_attacks wrote:where can i send messages to uci? email or something,help me pls

See: http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTkyNQ&LangId=1
janraaskalt

10 Dec 2012 18:00

this is crazy,roller-coaster...Saxo in super:),Katusha out urghhh:o UCI is f***'d up in the head and ARGOS [SIZE="5"]IN[/SIZE].Hahahah joke of the year,I want to see them in Giro and PV:D,drop one by one from bunch:p
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

10 Dec 2012 18:00

Aaaaaand another thread about to go down...
DominicDecoco

10 Dec 2012 18:01

chris juul-jensen ‏@JensenJuul
Obviously we got the license ...... I'm on the team ;)

It all makes so much more sense now
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 18:02

jens_attacks wrote:where can i send messages to uci? email or something,help me pls

argos in, the big joke got real. let's get ready to see them dropped in every race though
saxo in, that's hmmm logical

katusha out...mcquaid will go down i feel, makarov to hang out with lemond & co from now on. one of the strongest teams out there without license...lol also at the people writing "ethical" and "uci" in the same sentence, you're whuhulala
i want katusha in.

Are you gonna email this to the uci "i want katusha in" :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 18:03

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov
@arokalessin @albertocontador @TeamSaxoTinkoff Thank you. This was fair and obvious choice for UCI anyway.There is no doubt. Congratulations

Oleg hates Katusha.. :D of course
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 18:09

El Pistolero wrote:FDJ is French that means they will make it into the WT.

Also Arnaud Demare scored 80 WT points in that German "classic"(by which I mean small meaningless race) which helps them big time.

FDJ is french which means they should make it the TDF for it is their national race after all and that should qualify them for a wildcard from ASO but not for the PROTOUR status.
User avatar Dedelou

10 Dec 2012 18:09

LaFlorecita wrote:chris juul-jensen ‏@JensenJuul
Obviously we got the license ...... I'm on the team ;)

It all makes so much more sense now

Because of pro conti limit of riders?

LaFlorecita wrote:Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov
@arokalessin @albertocontador @TeamSaxoTinkoff Thank you. This was fair and obvious choice for UCI anyway.There is no doubt. Congratulations

Oleg hates Katusha.. :D of course

Makarov vs Tinkov it's the biggest rivalry I remember

Since he joined in June, Vuelta and WT place against Katusha
User avatar Forunculo

10 Dec 2012 18:12

Dedelou wrote:FDJ is french which means they should make it the TDF for it is their national race after all and that should qualify them for a wildcard from ASO but not for the PROTOUR status.

Just so happens to be that without ASO there is no ProTour. UCI knows this.

It's like an investor that has 60% of the stakes in a company.

- Roubaix
- LBL
- FW
- Tour de France
- They own a large part of Unipublic, the Vuelta organizers.
- Paris-Nice
- Dauphiné Liberé
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

10 Dec 2012 18:13

Im sorry for Purito.I think he wants to do Tour next year.Now he should rather concentrate on Giro:(
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

10 Dec 2012 18:18

ILovecycling wrote:Im sorry for Purito.I think he wants to do Tour next year.Now he should rather concentrate on Giro:(

He would be better in the Giro anyway imo.

Not needed for the TdF this time around. Enough serious players lined up there already.
Dazed and Confused

10 Dec 2012 18:21

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov
I am sad for @katushacycling , stupid. As I mentioned before, UCI need to be modernize and changed. Happy for @TeamSaxoTinkoff though.
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 18:24

I am sad for @katushacycling , stupid. As I mentioned before, UCI need to be modernize and changed. Happy for @TeamSaxoTinkoff though.

wow,Oleg is fair,another for :)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

10 Dec 2012 18:31

happy for Saxo too. Old man Riis has earned his paycheck again
User avatar Dedelou

10 Dec 2012 18:36

Useless Corrupt Incompetent :mad: ...that is all.

Who's up for a letter writing campaign, I say we petition UCI to kick Argos out, and give Katusha their spot.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

10 Dec 2012 18:51

Afrank wrote:Who's up for a letter writing campaign, I say we petition UCI to kick Argos out, and give Katusha their spot.

First of all I would like to know what the exact reason was for rejecting Katushas license. Secondly, Katushas license was rejected; Argos was not choosen over Katusha.

I like the Argos way of cycling, which helps cycling towards a cleaner sport. I really hope they'll ride well next season.
janraaskalt

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing