Register

Last world tour spot to be decided between Saxo and Shimano?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Dec 2012 15:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Dude on velorooms said it means " told riis to **** off"

Bad news imo, but as I had expected. They wanted to strip the team off the license in the sprin alreafy, but maybe that means se get to see Contador crush wiggins on the Giro and Vuelta then
User avatar Cimber

10 Dec 2012 15:58

Great news! Alberto win be in the giro and... Wait a minute, Nibbles is going to the giro!.... :(
**** the UCI
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

10 Dec 2012 16:01

Cimber wrote:Bad news imo, but as I had expected. They wanted to strip the team off the license in the sprin alreafy, but maybe that means se get to see Contador crush wiggins on the Giro and Vuelta then

Wiggins might change his mind if Contador does Giro. I still think ASO will invite Saxo but the fact that he has to wait till whenever the **** to find out messes everything,
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

10 Dec 2012 16:01

I want to see Alberto ride the tour and make Andy and the sky fanboys cry but I also want him to crush wiggo in il giro
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 16:02

Cimber wrote:Bad news imo, but as I had expected. They wanted to strip the team off the license in the sprin alreafy, but maybe that means se get to see Contador crush wiggins on the Giro and Vuelta then

But the Tour without Contador is boring.
calinmarian

In an hour or so announcement re: wt licenses
User avatar LaFlorecita

The Hitch wrote:Wiggins might change his mind if Contador does Giro. I still think ASO will invite Saxo but the fact that he has to wait till whenever the **** to find out messes everything,

Maybe another giro - tour?
With a stronger team he probably does not have to use so much energy in the giro this time
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

10 Dec 2012 16:03

José Been ‏@TourDeJose
UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani tells @miserus WT-license news will be out in an hour OR SO
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 16:03

The Hitch wrote:Wiggins might change his mind if Contador does Giro. I still think ASO will invite Saxo but the fact that he has to wait till whenever the **** to find out messes everything,

Yea indeed what if he prepares for Tour but then finds out in april he cant ride it, no time to change plans :o
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 16:07

LaFlorecita wrote:José Been ‏@TourDeJose
UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani tells @miserus WT-license news will be out in an hour OR SO

"or so", by UCI standards that means next month maybe (-;
User avatar Cimber

10 Dec 2012 16:07

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Great news! Alberto win be in the giro and... Wait a minute, Nibbles is going to the giro!.... :(
**** the UCI

Contador should skip Giro and making the Tour-Vuelta double.
calinmarian

10 Dec 2012 16:10

Christ guys stop being so closed minded "oh he could win the giro yay"

The most important thing is that Contador wins the 100th Tour. A **** you to Mcquaid to Prudhomme to the " oh they are all clean now boo evil Contador doper" brigade.

And to the people who claim Contador needs to prove he can win after the suspension. That otherwise he is just someone who without drugs is talentless.

Besides you know certain people on this forum will have a field year for flaming you lot by saying even if Contador wins the Giro by 10 minutes that until he wins the Tour it doesnt prove anything and that Schleck/ Froome are better because they wont he only race that counts.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

10 Dec 2012 16:11

The Hitch wrote:Christ guys stop being so closed minded "oh he could win the giro yay"

The most important thing is that Contador wins the 100th Tour. A **** you to Mcquaid to Prudhomme to the " oh they are all clean now boo evil Contador doper" brigade.

And to the people who claim Contador needs to prove he can win after the suspension. That otherwise he is just someone who without drugs is talentless.

Besides you know certain people on this forum will have a field year for flaming you lot by saying even if Contador wins the Giro by 10 minutes that until he wins the Tour it doesnt prove anything and that Schleck/ Froome are better because they wont he only race that counts.

Wow +1000 :)
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 16:12

Cimber wrote:"or so", by UCI standards that means next month maybe (-;

Don't matter. If inrng said no saxo it 90% means no saxo.

Theres a lot of fingerpointing to prepare for now.

User avatar The Hitch

10 Dec 2012 16:13

The Hitch wrote:Don't matter. If inrng said no saxo it 90% means no saxo.

ridiculous :mad: ugh
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Dec 2012 16:13

The Hitch wrote:Christ guys stop being so closed minded "oh he could win the giro yay"

It's obvious ASO and UCI are much more interested in teams like Argos.

They got invited in 2009 and they sucked hard. Finished dead last on every single mountain stage. Got invited again in 2012 and they again sucked hard. ASO will invite them again in 2013 if they aren't WT.

I hope Kittel doesn't catch the flu during the Tour because he has a bizarre treatment for that. :o
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

10 Dec 2012 16:17

argos is such an utter joke of a team, and surely they will got a license lol....good lord...
let's hope of a surprise maybe...
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

10 Dec 2012 16:18

jens_attacks wrote:argos is such an utter joke of a team, and surely they will got a license lol....good lord...
let's hope of a surprise maybe...

If Argos becomes WT next year it will be at least fun to see what kind of mistake the UCI made. They're going to do horrible in a lot of important WT events.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

10 Dec 2012 16:21

Of course its important to remember that the entire WT system is a joke in the first place. Asking for saxo to get in via the WT system was itself making a deal with the devil.

User avatar The Hitch

10 Dec 2012 16:25

El Pistolero wrote:It's obvious ASO and UCI are much more interested in teams like Argos.

They got invited in 2009 and they sucked hard. Finished dead last on every single mountain stage. Got invited again in 2012 and they again sucked hard. ASO will invite them again in 2013 if they aren't WT.

I hope Kittel doesn't catch the flu during the Tour because he has a bizarre treatment for that. :o

What about FDJ

Pinot<<<< Contador (I think everyone but this Jason Merecier character agrees).

Whoever the **** else they got<<<<<<< Kreuziger, Roche, Majka, Rogers, breschel.

And ASo would invite Pinot anyway. Why they got to send his bottle carriers to fight time limits in every wt race around europe if hes going to do the Tour anyway

[color="White"]I am aware of the FDJ roster[/color]

User avatar The Hitch

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing