Register

Highlights 2012 season

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Highlights 2012 season

27 Nov 2012 19:30

Due to the unfortunate season brake of cycling I decided to make a little video compilation of what I consider to be the road cycling highlights of 2012. I could not add photage from the olympic games because of copyright issues. The video is made with a free program named VideoSpirit Pro, so therefore it's a quite annoying watermark in the middle of the video. Im sorry for that.

Here is the video, if you have some tips regarding editing or you just feel that I lacked some central clips, feel free to tell me! Hope you liked these highlights, took a while to find and edit together. :)
User avatar VetleLunde

27 Nov 2012 19:40

Very nice :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

27 Nov 2012 19:54

A very good video. Thanks.
apmfbs

27 Nov 2012 19:56

got the second response on the youtube video :p
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

28 Nov 2012 03:19

Very nice; thanks for sharing!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

28 Nov 2012 05:21

Good work.

I can only add that if you added subtext on the race or stage the rider was winning, not speeding up some of those clips (makes it look funky). Also, any particular order you choose for it? Not that there has to be an order just wondering on your choice that's all.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon

28 Nov 2012 16:42

ElChingon wrote:Good work.

I can only add that if you added subtext on the race or stage the rider was winning, not speeding up some of those clips (makes it look funky). Also, any particular order you choose for it? Not that there has to be an order just wondering on your choice that's all.

Thank you!

Yes, adding a subtext would probably be a good idea, I can also see how the speeding up was a bit overdone, I mainly sat down to learn the program and got a bit carried away, hehe! Well, I wanted to structured the video in a way that the GTs played a big role, so therefore I gathered them together throug out the last song. When it comes to the first song, I just added my favourite moments in an order that would make the video more interesting. In retrospect, I might feel that the Iglinsky part and the Paris-Roubaix video featuring Boonen either shouldn't come after each other, or be shortened.
User avatar VetleLunde

29 Nov 2012 20:15

Grum!!!!!!!
GWAR79

Return to Professional road racing