Register

We'll see the best Andy Schleck one more time?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

When we will see the best Andy Schleck one more time?

We will see his best version in 2013.
27%
It will cost a lot for him. But in 2014 he will be fully recovered.
26%
Never.
47%

Total votes : 128

29 Nov 2012 16:24

red_flanders wrote:I used to like him, and was excited when he emerged in the Giro all those years ago. Never got a TT, never got his head on straight. Entitled whiner.

Could be (should be) back to his best this year. Should have been last year but wasn't. I'll vote for 2013, but his best isn't good enough.

I really liked him during 2007-2009 and he was decent in 2010

But in 2011, he lost time to great climbers like Rojas and completely stopped caring about anything but LBL and Tour.
In 2012 he wasn't even trying at all during season and we all know how his season ended (If you want to ride slowly during a cat 3 climb and willingly drop yourself from peloton, dont waste a spot in the team, just train at your home)

Edit: I just remembered that in 2011 he attacked at AGR, still my point stands
burning

29 Nov 2012 16:45

shades1 wrote:i see theres at least 18 contador fanboys in the thread saying NEVER and praying he never gets his best back because they know for a fact a fit and healthy andy schleck is a serious threat to the golden boy !!

For example Im his big fan of Alberto(read a signature below:D) but I voted for 2013.Since he crashed in June I want him to retutn to the best.He is very talented and he is great climber(he is near Alberto,maybe Froome),thats why I want him to return.to see great performances in mountains and drama in July.To say 18 people voted him cos they are Contador fan is bull**** since me,Hitch,Carols,Flo,Afrank etc.want him to comeback.

shades1 wrote:you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .

Like Flo said,he has big fan basis outside of Lux...If he is better than Alberto next year he should win.He can take the glory,I dont mind if he will be the best.
To bolded: He is not 'so called',he is a superstar...If he isnt who is ?:o
shades1 wrote:lol , you are a fine one to talk , i have never known a poster so biased as you , anyone would think you are contadors lovechild .

Ohhh man you are almost better than Airstream :o...everyone is biased:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

29 Nov 2012 17:10

ILovecycling wrote:For example Im his big fan of Alberto(read a signature below:D) but I voted for 2013.Since he crashed in June I want him to retutn to the best.He is very talented and he is great climber(he is near Alberto,maybe Froome),thats why I want him to return.to see great performances in mountains and drama in July.To say 18 people voted him cos they are Contador fan is bull**** since me,Hitch,Carols,Flo,Afrank etc.want him to comeback.

Afrank is not a Alberto fan :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Nov 2012 17:24

LaFlorecita wrote:Afrank is not a Alberto fan :D

Im sure he is a secret fan of him:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling

29 Nov 2012 17:28

LaFlorecita wrote:Afrank is not a Alberto fan :D

You seem to know every fan of Contador :D
burning

29 Nov 2012 17:45

shades1 wrote:
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .

Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
User avatar airstream

29 Nov 2012 17:47

ILovecycling wrote:Im sure he is a secret fan of him:D

Yes of course :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Nov 2012 18:00

for Andy to show his best next year, he MUST do the following:

*He MUST WIN RACES-not just show up for them, but show off talent.
*He MUST keep his mouth shut & let his legs & results do the talking.
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07

29 Nov 2012 18:31

airstream wrote:I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
You're not alone. It's a fact. If you said the slightest thing against Contador, you're immediately labeled as 'troll' and abused by his fans. :o
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

29 Nov 2012 18:38

airstream wrote:Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.

Nice from you,I agree,maybe Im not one of them by Im trying to be.;)

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes of course :)

Can you give me a list of Alberto CN fans?:D

Maybe its better to post it to Albertos thread,its OT there
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling

29 Nov 2012 19:22

airstream wrote:Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.

Well I can say that I've never used the words "troll" or "fanboy" to describe you or your posts but you conveniently neglect to mention your acid laced hatred of Contador and the depths to which you will go to express that disdain, such that it ultimately resulted in you getting a ban for consistently ignoring the forum rules. If you're going to give a history you need to give all sides not just the one that makes you appear to be the helpless victim.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

30 Nov 2012 01:07

ILovecycling wrote:Im sure he is a secret fan of him:D

Uh Oh, I've been found out! :eek: [color="White"]...... [/color]:D

I'm a fan and cheer for him sometimes (like at the Vuelta this year, I was hoping he would win), and sometimes there are other riders who I would rather see win so I don't cheer for him (like Tour 2010).
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

30 Nov 2012 07:38

Angliru wrote:Well I can say that I've never used the words "troll" or "fanboy" to describe you or your posts but you conveniently neglect to mention your acid laced hatred of Contador and the depths to which you will go to express that disdain, such that it ultimately resulted in you getting a ban for consistently ignoring the forum rules. If you're going to give a history you need to give all sides not just the one that makes you appear to be the helpless victim.

I appreciate your willingness to be objective despite rooting for Contador.

Victim? No thanks. I'm able to protect of the forum myself. :) Victims are those who start babbling 'aaah, i don't like it so it's trolling, ban them!'

As for Contador, I stand by my opinion. The man will pay for his sins entirely in the near future.
User avatar airstream

30 Nov 2012 09:57

I logged my poll entry 1st....but I've been laughing so hard since I forgot to post.... Andy is six feet of wasted talent, he has no backbone or gumption to speak of. His PR engine should stop touting him as a GT great he is plainly not! Best.....there isn't a best
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

30 Nov 2012 10:15

Siriuscat wrote:I logged my poll entry 1st....but I've been laughing so hard since I forgot to post.... Andy is six feet of wasted talent, he has no backbone or gumption to speak of. His PR engine should stop touting him as a GT great he is plainly not! Best.....there isn't a best

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer.
User avatar airstream

30 Nov 2012 10:53

'nuff said
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

30 Nov 2012 11:02

i call BS on that picture!!!!! no way andy schlecks arms have enough muscle in them to chop some wood!!!! must be photoshop
User avatar Parrulo

30 Nov 2012 11:08

Excellent. The same portion awaits each of logs at the Tour.
User avatar airstream

30 Nov 2012 11:35

shades1 wrote:you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

Yeah, but you also don't have to be a mathematical genius to figure out that if a huge percentage of the whole thinks one thing, then by definition a huge percentage of anyone voting anything, in any given poll still thinks that thing - however they vote.

So, while you're almost certainly right that a huge percentage of those voting never are Contador fanboys, equally a huge percentage of those voting 2013 or 2014 are also probably Contador fanboys.

Me? Voted 2014, and also a Alberto fanboy (in that Contador is my favourite rider to watch, as he's, ermmm, obviously the best).
RownhamHill

30 Nov 2012 12:33

movingtarget wrote:You could also argue that all of those riders are mentally tougher than Schleck and more motivated. I hope he does come back to his best but I won't believe it until I see some glimpses of what he can do and has done in the past. All cycling fans would love to see Froome, Schleck, Contador and others going head to head in the Tour next year. We witnessed a great battle in the Vuelta and the Tour could be just as hard fought.

This is the truest statement here. While Andy has so much talent, there are others that have done far more with less. As soon as he showed a glimpse of what he can do he appears to have turned into a prima donna and has been pampered. Now, having to come back from injuries he faces a task that he has never had to overcome. Does he have the mental toughness to do it? We'll see. But we know that Alberto has, Vino, Cadel and others have returned to the top after facing much adversity.
I am one of Andy's critics and voted he will never come back to consistent elite performances. I hope I am wrong because with him as a legit challenger things will be much more interesting. He's gotta man up.

And besides, Froome has repalced Andy as object of my scorn. Hahah. At least I am truthful;)
User avatar veganrob

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing