Log in:  

Register

Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Better Cobblestone rider: Boonen or Cancellara?

Poll ended at 23 Jan 2013 21:19

Boonen
76
52%
Cancellara
70
48%
 
Total votes : 146

11 Dec 2012 01:08

trompe le monde wrote:In some ways, the poll is unfair. Take away cobblestone ability from Boonen and you are left with a milquetoast husk that has no other reason for cycling.
Take away cobblestone ability from Cancellara and you still have currently one of the best time trialistists, classics winner, Strade Bianchi winner, Tour de Suisse winner and countless other accolades. Cancellara the cyclist has much more well rounded capability than Boonen. Boonen merely exists for 8 calendar days in the year.

Yes, I know its a digression and not the point of the thread. But I find it hard to think of Boonen as an equal or better than Cancellara at anything....except for maybe unintenionally doing coke. Boonen's got Cancellara beat on that.


Green jersey in the Tour, World champion in the road race, World Champion in the team time trial, 8 Grand Tour stages, yellow jersey in the Tour, 2 podiums in Milan-San Remo, 2-time Belgian champ(once on a hilly road race beating GVA and Gilbert), etc

But how could that ever compete against a 1.1 race. :rolleyes:
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 01:13

El Pistolero wrote:Green jersey in the Tour, World champion in the road race, World Champion in the team time trial, 8 Grand Tour stages, yellow jersey in the Tour, 2 podiums in Milan-San Remo, 2-time Belgian champ(once on a hilly road race beating GVA and Gilbert), etc

But how could that ever compete against a 1.1 race. :rolleyes:


How on earth can Cancellara compete in the Belgian championship? Citing that is irrelevent. Team time trial? Irrelevent. Cancellara has won Milan San Remo, not just podiumed it. Sure, Boonen has won those fancy things in the past, but he now pretty much exists for cobbles season. The rest of the season he hibernates.

Look, I realise that to persuade someone from thinking otherwise when it comes to a rider is difficult, but I believe and always will believe that given my druthers, Cancellara > Boonen. You can't change my opinion and I can't change yours. C'est la vie.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 01:16

trompe le monde wrote:How on earth can Cancellara compete in the Belgian championship? Citing that is irrelevent. Team time trial? Irrelevent. Cancellara has won Milan San Remo, not just podiumed it. Sure, Boonen has won those fancy things in the past, but he now pretty much exists for cobbles season. The rest of the season he hibernates.

Look, I realise that to persuade someone from thinking otherwise when it comes to a rider is difficult, but I believe and always will believe that given my druthers, Cancellara > Boonen. You can't change my opinion and I can't change yours. C'est la vie.


Cancellara hasn't won a fancy time trial since 2010, so is that also irrelevant now?

What on earth has Cancellara competing somewhere to do with the fact that Boonen won a race on a hilly terrain against a much better cyclist than Cancellara? :confused:

Boonen actually won the WC road race, not just failed in it. ;)

What you call "hibernating" is called not being able to race because of injuries in 2010-2011 after the spring classics. I guess Cancellara was just hibernating this year and only raced for one day this year. And crashed.

Perfect logic mate. If Boonen was Suisse he maybe could've won the Tour de Suisse as well. But alas, no important stage races to be fixed in Belgium.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 01:21

El Pistolero wrote:Cancellara hasn't won a fancy time trial since 2010, so is that also irrelevant now?

What on earth has Cancellara competing somewhere to do with the fact that Boonen won a race on a hilly terrain against a much better cyclist than Cancellara? :confused:

Boonen actually won the WC road race, not just failed in it. ;)


You're not very good at reading last sentences. I won't convince you, you won't convince me. If Roger De Vlaeminck can think that Boonen's win at Paris Roubaix wasn't that impressive, I can think he's not the bees knees too. And De Vlaeminck knows more about cycling then I ever will.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 01:27

trompe le monde wrote:You're not very good at reading last sentences. I won't convince you, you won't convince me. If Roger De Vlaeminck can think that Boonen's wins at Paris-Roubaix were third rate, I can think he's not the bees knees too. And De Vlaeminck knows more about cycling then I ever will.


He knows a lot about cycling from the '70s and '80s yes. Roger de Vlaeminck can be right about some things, but concerning Boonen the guy is biased. ;) Still ****-hurt about his record being broken.

I'm not trying to convince you, but don't complain when someone reacts to your statements on a discussion forum. Strange attitude you have, not fighting back when someone attacks your standpoint.

Cancellara hasn't won a decent race since 2010, so I guess that makes him irrelevant altogether. Not my logic, but yours.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 01:33

El Pistolero wrote:Cancellara hasn't won a fancy time trial since 2010, so is that also irrelevant now?

What on earth has Cancellara competing somewhere to do with the fact that Boonen won a race on a hilly terrain against a much better cyclist than Cancellara? :confused:

Boonen actually won the WC road race, not just failed in it. ;)

What you call "hibernating" is called not being able to race because of injuries in 2010-2011 after the spring classics. I guess Cancellara was just hibernating this year and only raced for one day this year. And crashed.

Perfect logic mate. If Boonen was Suisse he maybe could've won the Tour de Suisse as well. But alas, no important stage races to be fixed in Belgium.


? Boonen could win the Tour de Suisse if he wanted to, its open to any nationality. Being champion of Belgium is only open to Belgians. Where is the illogic in mentioning that citing a race that Cancellara can't by all rights compete in irrelevent?

I find your use of logic to be, well, illogical.

But this is really a digression from the topic. I won't say anymore.

Back to the topic of the cobbles.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 01:37

trompe le monde wrote:? Boonen could win the Tour de Suisse if he wanted to, its open to any nationality. Being champion of Belgium is only open to Belgians. Where is the illogic in mentioning that citing a race that Cancellara can't by all rights compete in irrelevent?

I find your use of logic to be, well, illogical.

But this is really a digression from the topic. I won't say anymore.

Back to the topic of the cobbles.


Tour de Suisse route had no mountains in it just so Cancellara could win his home Tour. A mountainous country with no mountains in its national Tour... I hope you're not that naive.

You were the one saying Boonen only performed in the cobbled classics, so don't moan when I give you evidence he doesn't. And that includes the Belgian Championship. Which takes place in June, without cobbles. Enough logic for you?

By your logic the discussion is closed because Cancellara is irrelevant on cobbles. Remember, didn't win an important race since 2010.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 01:40

El Pistolero wrote:He knows a lot about cycling from the '70s and '80s yes. Roger de Vlaeminck can be right about some things, but concerning Boonen the guy is biased. ;) Still ****-hurt about his record being broken.

I'm not trying to convince you, but don't complain when someone reacts to your statements on a discussion forum. Strange attitude you have, not fighting back when someone attacks your standpoint.

Cancellara hasn't won a decent race since 2010, so I guess that makes him irrelevant altogether. Not my logic, but yours.



Okay, honestly, last post on this.

But why should I fight back? Is the internet really an electronic forum where people spar until someone relents? Should I try and beat someone down to a verbal pulp until they take my side? Is this what participating in a forum is all about?

People have different opinions. I can accept that. Isn't one of the points of being able to discuss something also the ability to tolerate other people's opinions?

Sure, I may have worded my dislike of Boonen strongly, but I'm not here to convince anyone to be pro-Cancellara. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 01:53

trompe le monde wrote:Okay, honestly, last post on this.

But why should I fight back? Is the internet really an electronic forum where people spar until someone relents? Should I try and beat someone down to a verbal pulp until they take my side? Is this what participating in a forum is all about?

People have different opinions. I can accept that. Isn't one of the points of being able to discuss something also the ability to tolerate other people's opinions?

Sure, I may have worded my dislike of Boonen strongly, but I'm not here to convince anyone to be pro-Cancellara. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine.


Don't act surprised when you get reactions to your strongly worded opinions, you were probably bating for them as well. There's such a thing as being too tolerant by the way, so grow a pair and defend your opinion!

It just so happens to be that my opinion is that your opinion is bogus. ;)

You said Boonen only rides for 8 days a year, but now you're unable to stand by that. Ok, whatever.

When someone makes a racial comment do you also say "you have your opinion and I have mine"? Just curious.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 01:57

trompe le monde wrote:Okay, honestly, last post on this.

But why should I fight back? Is the internet really an electronic forum where people spar until someone relents? Should I try and beat someone down to a verbal pulp until they take my side? Is this what participating in a forum is all about?

People have different opinions. I can accept that. Isn't one of the points of being able to discuss something also the ability to tolerate other people's opinions?

Sure, I may have worded my dislike of Boonen strongly, but I'm not here to convince anyone to be pro-Cancellara. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine.


Cats round here wants and feels the need to win an internet discussion, which can be hilarious and annoying for others.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,961
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

11 Dec 2012 02:06

El Pistolero wrote:Don't act surprised when you get reactions to your strongly worded opinions, you were probably bating for them as well. There's such a thing as being too tolerant by the way, so grow a pair and defend your opinion!

It just so happens to be that my opinion is that your opinion is bogus. ;)

You said Boonen only rides for 8 days a year, but now you're unable to stand by that. Ok, whatever.


Who is acting surprised? I'm not surprised. Like I said from the beginning, your opinion is yours and mine is mine. There is no surprise there, as I know the outcome to your opinion and I would hope I know the outcome to mine.

Look, opinion is subjective. Different people can look at the same set of facts and come to different conclusions. Discussions such as this, Cancellar v Boonen v cobbles, can't be objectively determined like some logical calculus with only one correct conclusion. Sure there is room for discussion, but all the good points about Cancellara's prowess have been discussed, so I won't rehash them.

I still think that Boonen lives and dies for 8 days of the year, but I stand corrected. It's three weeks of the year. A quote from Boonen himself in this interview:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2007/03/news/road/the-sunday-interview-tom-boonen_11870

'A failure for me would be to arrive to the most important three weeks of my season [northern classics] and you know in your mind you cannot win the races.'

So you're right, I was wrong to say 8 days. I should have said three weeks.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 02:08

trompe le monde wrote:Who is acting surprised? I'm not surprised. Like I said from the beginning, your opinion is yours and mine is mine. There is no surprise there, as I know the outcome to your opinion and I would hope I know the outcome to mine.

Look, opinion is subjective. Different people can look at the same set of facts and come to different conclusions. Discussions such as this, Cancellar v Boonen v cobbles, can't be objectively determined like some logical calculus with only one correct conclusion. Sure there is room for discussion, but all the good points about Cancellara's prowess have been discussed, so I won't rehash them.

I still think that Boonen lives and dies for 8 days of the year, but I stand corrected. It's three weeks of the year. A quote from Boonen himself in this interview:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2007/03/news/road/the-sunday-interview-tom-boonen_11870

'A failure for me would be to arrive to the most important three weeks of my season [northern classics] and you know in your mind you cannot win the races.'

So your right, I was wrong to say 8 days. I should have said three weeks.


He said 3 most important weeks of his season, not the only 3 weeks. He has won more races than Cancellara outside March and April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m_5Q8sQumrc#t=22s

Here's a nice example of a warm-up race in February(hey if you're counting Strade Bianche...)

And I must have imagined seeing Boonen train hard for the WC this year. I bet he was just pretending, that sly dog!

Oh and you said the WC TTT was irrelevant. That's just your opinion. Boonen considers it his biggest victory of the year actually...

Nothing wrong with a little discussion, so why do you feel the need to quit? I'm not insulting you personally, so relax. I just disagree with what you say. When you think Cancellara is better than Boonen I can accept that opinion, but when you say Boonen is nothing but a cobbled classic rider I'll strongly disagree with you. He was injured for most of 2010-2011, just like Cancellara was this year...
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 02:38

El Pistolero wrote:He said 3 most important weeks of his season, not the only 3 weeks. He has won more races than Cancellara outside March and April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m_5Q8sQumrc#t=22s

Here's a nice example of a warm-up race in February(hey if you're counting Strade Bianche...)

And I must have imagined seeing Boonen train hard for the WC this year. I bet he was just pretending, that sly dog!

Nothing wrong with a little discussion, so why do you feel the need to quit? I'm not insulting you personally, so relax. I just disagree with what you say. When you think Cancellara is better than Boonen I can accept that opinion, but when you say Boonen is nothing but a cobbled classic rider I'll strongly disagree with you. He was injured for most of 2010-2011, just like Cancellara was this year..



I am strongly contradicting myself here, but I can ask you the opposite question: why do you feel the need to persist?

Why must I provide every nook and cranny to my opinion until I have exhausted it of any relevance?

It, my opinion, may be incorrect in your eyes, but so what? I live every day comfortable in the knowledge that I believe Boonen is less of a rider than Cancellara, and I have not suffered for it.

-begin scene

I have not been struck down by lightning bolts from an angry pro-Boonen Zeus, nor has my social status been in some way impinged by viewing Tomke with a furrowed brow and shaken fist. The hands of fate have not crushed me yet for my somewhat malignant anti-Boonen view and I do not think you are in a position to inform me that the winds of fate will soon change if I don't come over to the 'dark side'.

Not even if Nietzsche's Zarathustra, after spending those god awful years atop that mountain alone with no tv or Weekly World News to console him, were to descend from that lonesome hermitage to pronounce to the world 'It is Boonen, my friends, Boonen alone who shall lead the meek atop the crooked and cobbled bicycle path' even I would not believe him.

For I decree, and with a thousand trumpets blazing, "Cancellara till I die!!!!!!"



-end scene.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 02:47

trompe le monde wrote:I am strongly contradicting myself here, but I can ask you the opposite question: why do you feel the need to persist?

Why must I provide every nook and cranny to my opinion until I have exhausted it of any relevance?

It, my opinion, may be incorrect in your eyes, but so what? I live every day comfortable in the knowledge that I believe Boonen is less of a rider than Cancellara, and I have not suffered for it.

-begin scene

I have not been struck down by lightning bolts from an angry pro-Boonen Zeus, nor has my social status been in some way impinged by viewing Tomke with a furrowed brow and shaken fist. The hands of fate have not crushed me yet for my somewhat malignant anti-Boonen view and I do not think you are in a position to inform me that the winds of fate will soon change if I don't come over to the 'dark side'.

Not even if Nietzsche's Zarathustra, after spending those god awful years atop that mountain alone with no tv or Weekly World News to console him, were to descend from that lonesome hermitage to pronounce to the world 'It is Boonen, my friends, Boonen alone who shall lead the meek atop the crooked and cobbled bicycle path' even I would not believe him.

For I decree, and with a thousand trumpets blazing, "Cancellara till I die!!!!!!"



-end scene.


Actually stating Boonen only rides 8 days a year is not an opinion, but something you consider to be a fact. Which is not true as I showed. You feel the need to dismiss that proof, but that doesn't change the fact that you were wrong.

Why do I feel the need to persist? Simple, it's in my nature to not give up. I'm not ashamed of it lol.

An opinion can be factually wrong in case you didn't know. This isn't about whether you think Cancellara is better(it's your right to think that), but about you thinking Boonen only rides 8 days a year.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 03:51

El Pistolero wrote:Don't act surprised when you get reactions to your strongly worded opinions, you were probably bating for them as well. There's such a thing as being too tolerant by the way, so grow a pair and defend your opinion!

It just so happens to be that my opinion is that your opinion is bogus. ;)

You said Boonen only rides for 8 days a year, but now you're unable to stand by that. Ok, whatever.

When someone makes a racial comment do you also say "you have your opinion and I have mine"? Just curious.


Okay I just noticed this. It's off topic, but I must respond.

Are you honestly putting on equal footing a potential discussion of an opinion on racism as being of equal weight to that of an opinion on a cyclist? Are you serious? Why do you wield counter statements like a hammer and start applying them to other facets that are beyond the scope of the discussion? Isn't that a little, um, irresponsible? And I know how you would probably respond by saying that 'I was being irresponsible with Boonen's palmares, being irresponsible with his race calendar, so it should apply', or something to that effect.

Get a grip. Do you honestly think my - according to you - laissez faire attitude about the topic of two cyclists, count them two cyclists, bleeds into all facets of my life? Are you utterly and unequivocally insane? This is just cycling, it in no way shapes or forms my attitude on topics such as the appartheid that happened in South Africa nor the segregation that happened in the American south. One deals with a matter of opinion that can be swayed, the other with a matter of fundamental human rights. Do you honestly think I'm so profoundly and helplessly stupid that I would conflate the two?

This is just a discussion on cycling, not a discussion on the drafting of the emancipation proclamation. Have some sense of proportion before you become compelled to psychoanalyse another poster.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 03:59

El Pistolero wrote:Cancellara hasn't won a decent race since 2010, so I guess that makes him irrelevant altogether. Not my logic, but yours.


E3 2011 wasn't a decent race? Multiple puctures + mechanical + catching and passing 2 breakaway groups + soloing to victory. One of my favorite races to re-watch.

I love Cancellara as an enthusiastic racer but I think Boonen is the smarter one on the cobbles. Not to mention he has a better team built around him than Cancellara has.
Savant12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 18 Jul 2011 03:46

11 Dec 2012 04:04

Savant12 wrote:E3 2011 wasn't a decent race? Multiple puctures + mechanical + catching and passing 2 breakaway groups + soloing to victory. One of my favorite races to re-watch.

I love Cancellara as an enthusiastic racer but I think Boonen is the smarter one on the cobbles. Not to mention he has a better team built around him than Cancellara has.


And the last sentence is one of the reasons why I value Cancellara over Boonen. His classics team has never had the quality of domestiques that Boonen has had at his disposal. I suppose during the CSC days, he had a better team around him, but now, given the choice, I would think that Cancellara would choose Boonen's Quick Step domestiques over his current Saxo Bank domestiques.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,148
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 11:24

11 Dec 2012 04:17

trompe le monde wrote:Okay I just noticed this. It's off topic, but I must respond.

snip



Not my problem everything you say contradicts yourself. You make statements based on lies and call it an opinion. So yeah, I don't accept your "opinion" about Boonen. It's based on claims you have yet to back up. You're not willing to back them up, so you keep saying "this is my last post here". I ask you for the final time to back up your statement that Boonen only rides 8 days a season. And don't give me anymore of this pious nonsense, just back up your statement. I think it's insulting to a cyclist who has won the World Championship on the road, the green jersey in the Tour, 6 Tour stages, 2 Vuelta stages, multiple stage races, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfflplqpUt4

Does this look like a rider to you that only rides 8 days in April?

Savant12 wrote:E3 2011 wasn't a decent race? Multiple puctures + mechanical + catching and passing 2 breakaway groups + soloing to victory. One of my favorite races to re-watch.

I love Cancellara as an enthusiastic racer but I think Boonen is the smarter one on the cobbles. Not to mention he has a better team built around him than Cancellara has.


It is indeed a great race to re-watch and won with a lot of panache, but it was not a big race. Especially because most of the favorites where at Gent-Wevelgem. I should've said big race instead of decent race, my apologies.

And yes his team is better, but up until 2011 they were pretty equal in team. And don't forget Boonen lost 2 opportunities in the Ronde van Vlaanderen because of his team. It was Cancellara's choice to join Radioshack, so it's his fault for making that decision.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 08:49

Magnus wrote:So crashing a lot is imperative to being a good bike handler?


The Hitch wrote:Where in gods name did you get that from?

Since you ask, this the sort of statements that make it seems like you may think so.
The Hitch wrote:...
**** bike handlers are less likely to take risks.
...
part of being the best bike handler is that you are constantly taking risks
...
Its pretty logical that people who take more risks are more likely to crash.


Frankly, I think you're somewhat misguided if you think there's a causal clause between being a good bike handler and taking risks.
User avatar Magnus
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,237
Joined: 08 Apr 2010 17:47
Location: Denmark

11 Dec 2012 09:04

El Pistolero wrote:

Still mad about the Goss thing? :D
.


No i actually do think goss is a superior sprinter to boonen and as ridiculous as it may sound to you im far from the only one.

your comment on the other hand is totally irrational caused by your well known hate for cancellara.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,258
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amsterhammer, archa55, Armchair cyclist, bajbar, barmaher, bill1109, Carols, cesko_jr, DenisMenchov, Domulec, dubexcalibur, dusty red roads, Dutchsmurf, Electress, etymology, Flamin, funnie, Google Adsense [Bot], Googolplex, gunara, Hedser, honzzz, Hugo Koblet, IamIronMan, indianfanboy, infeXio, irondan, Je ne sais quoi, JetSet, Kannonball, LaFlorecita, lenric, Majestic-12 [Bot], Marco Pantani, Mayomaniac, meat puppet, Metabolol, nuvolablu, PhiberAwptik, pink_jersey, rainman, Richeypen, rick james, Ride to forget, riodouro, Ryaguas, seldon71, SGarmin, shalgo, Stan955, staubsauger, Stromeon, sunnyIce, Swifty's Cakes, TommyGun, TourOfSardinia, Tryphon, Verious, Zoncolan and 267 guests

Back to top