Log in:  

Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

05 Dec 2012 04:31

Same as last year race routes and rider schedules.

Will start with a big one. Probably posted by someone else before.as its 2 months old but havent seen much discussion on it so- camc may could skip.the tour and go for the ultimate achievement- the 5

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56408

"my main goals will.be pr.and.flanders. I might skip the tour especially since theres no prologue. What do i have left to prove there?" it might be better to have a rest and prepare for the second half of the season".

Could.hurt andy in the ttt too.
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.


Also, apparently this is quintanas schedule

Mallorca
Tour med
Haut var
Murcia.(defending champion)
Catalunya ( wonder what that will be like)
Pv
Dauphine
Tour

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-saison-2013_quintana-participera-au-tour-de-france-29141.html


Pozzovivo will do.giro and then undecided between tour and vuelta though imo a 2nd gt is good.news. Hope.its vuelta and not a weak.attempt like.scarponi or gadret.

http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2012/pozzovivo-je-ne-pense-pas-a-lechec/

Schleck will do the ardennes as a season goal it seems ( because remember last year the conclusion was that the bros had raced too hard in previous years and ended up weaker for.the tour.)

(from cn article)


According to Guercilena, Schleck will ride the Tour Down Under, Tour Mediterranéen, Tour de Haut-Var, Tirreno-Adriatico and Tour of the Basque Country as preparation for the Classics, although his pre-Tour de France build-up is yet to be established.


Apologies for.what is old news.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,576
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

05 Dec 2012 10:26

It was in another thread but its better have it in one place.

Sanchez confirmed for Giro and Vuelta,not racing Tour
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanchez-likely-to-race-giro-ditalia-vuelta-a-espana-in-2013

Nico Roche race schedule if they are in WT

I have the beginning of the year. I will be starting with the Tour of the Med, Haut Var, then working my way towards Paris-Nice, Pays Basques and then the Classics. So it is a pretty similar programme to what I did in other years…apart from Med and Haut Var, which I haven’t done for years. I was always in Algarve or Italy.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,220
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

05 Dec 2012 10:32

The Hitch wrote:He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.

Not like Wiggins didn't have results outside of TDF this year though. VDB and Andy Schleck are much better examples. Hopefully AS has realized by now that the "one-peak-a-year" tactic is just ridiculously risky.
maltiv
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,227
Joined: 23 Oct 2009 20:25

05 Dec 2012 10:46

The Hitch wrote:Could.hurt andy in the ttt too.
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.

Yeah, I'd hate to be Wiggins and win every WT race I started before the Tour...

Cancellara has this strange habit of voicing opinions I somewhat agree with, and then adding total nonsense. The exemption of criticism for Andy is indeed interesting. He's the ultimate "I only care about the Tour" rider.

But I hope he has less bad luck this season. Boonen really needs a worthy opponent.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

05 Dec 2012 11:12

theyoungest wrote:
Cancellara has this strange habit of voicing opinions I somewhat agree with, and then adding total nonsense. The exemption of criticism for Andy is indeed interesting. He's the ultimate "I only care about the Tour" rider.



I think Cancellara is calling out Andy Schleck here, but since they are on the same team this is probably a better way to do it.

Otherwise agree with habit of the frequent nonsense habit.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,808
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Dec 2012 11:40

I am the only which likes the Quintana's calendar? In Dauphiné he will demonstrate that he must be the leader of the team in Le Tour. Even today is a better climber than Valverde, he only needs to demonstrate that he could be consistent.
User avatar Jason_Mercier
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,077
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 10:59

05 Dec 2012 11:49

i wonder if since both valverde and quintana are riding the tour, if it means costa will skip it to focus on the autumn classics. he hinted he would do that a few months ago
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,096
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

05 Dec 2012 12:46

Jason_Mercier wrote:I am the only which likes the Quintana's calendar? In Dauphiné he will demonstrate that he must be the leader of the team in Le Tour. Even today is a better climber than Valverde, he only needs to demonstrate that he could be consistent.


Quintana in TdF as leader on Movistar.

Hard to see if Valverde is on the same team and still with ambitions. Opportunities can pop up, but El Bala is pretty ruthless when it comes to big targets.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,808
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Dec 2012 13:30

The Hitch wrote:Could.hurt andy in the ttt too.
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.



Wasn't this something to do with weight loss?
del1962
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,944
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 17:20

05 Dec 2012 13:57

ILovecycling wrote:It was in another thread but its better have it in one place.

Sanchez confirmed for Giro and Vuelta,not racing Tour
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanchez-likely-to-race-giro-ditalia-vuelta-a-espana-in-2013

Nico Roche race schedule if they are in WT


Samu also said he will retire in 2016 you know where.

And he will be almost identical age to.vino. Cant see it though.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,576
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

05 Dec 2012 15:59

Dazed and Confused wrote:Quintana in TdF as leader on Movistar.

Hard to see if Valverde is on the same team and still with ambitions. Opportunities can pop up, but El Bala is pretty ruthless when it comes to big targets.


Here is your asnwer http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde-believes-ban-could-extend-career
Piti wants podium,so Nairo will be co-leader at most unless Piti crash ofc.
The Hitch wrote:Samu also said he will retire in 2016 you know where.

And he will be almost identical age to.vino. Cant see it though.

Yes,thats true,2013/14 maybe is his last GT shot:(
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,220
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

05 Dec 2012 16:05

Cancellara also said he doesn't want to be like Boonen because he rides the cobbled classics every year. So I wouldn't really value his opinion all that much. ;)

Anyway on-topic:

Gilbert: Tour Down Under (confirmed, before it was just rumours)
Boonen: Tour de San Luis
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

05 Dec 2012 16:09

The Hitch wrote:Samu also said he will retire in 2016 you know where.

And he will be almost identical age to.vino. Cant see it though.

He already struck gold once (literally). Not gonna happen. Certainly given the Sagans, Degenkolbs and what have you who will then be approaching the peak of their power.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

05 Dec 2012 16:11

Nibali and Kessiakoff probally some more of Nibali's helpers will do same schedule.

Tour de San Luis
Tirreno-Adriatico
Milano-Sanremo

Mabye Tour de Romandie or/and Giro del Trentino

Giro

Source (Swedish): http://www.eurosport.se/cykel/giro-d-italia/2012/klart-kessiakoff-kor-girot-med-nibali-hoppas-kroppen-haller_sto3501545/story.shtml
Gotland
Junior Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 14 May 2009 12:48

05 Dec 2012 18:09

El Pistolero wrote:Cancellara also said he doesn't want to be like Boonen because he rides the cobbled classics every year. So I wouldn't really value his opinion all that much. ;)

Anyway on-topic:

Gilbert: Tour Down Under (confirmed, before it was just rumours)
Boonen: Tour de San Luis


oh you have to turn this into a belgium thing again :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,068
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

05 Dec 2012 18:28

Ryo Hazuki wrote:oh you have to turn this into a belgium thing again :rolleyes:


that is getting into trolling and bullying territory, cool it down or you will get a ban
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,096
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

05 Dec 2012 20:06

Love this thread, thanks.

Does anyone know what OPQS outfit is for next year and more specifically how Cav will look in it. Somehow i do not think it will work as he will be like the little munchkin surrounded by tall teammates.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
User avatar greenedge
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,127
Joined: 27 Mar 2011 04:23

05 Dec 2012 20:15

He'll have a praetorian guard.
User avatar serfla
Junior Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 13:54

05 Dec 2012 20:23

greenedge wrote:Love this thread, thanks.

Does anyone know what OPQS outfit is for next year and more specifically how Cav will look in it. Somehow i do not think it will work as he will be like the little munchkin surrounded by tall teammates.


untouchable war machine
nuff said.

but yes the team will look better in the spring
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,105
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

05 Dec 2012 20:46

The Hitch wrote:
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too.


who can blame him?

he was 15th, 4th, retired, and 4th again. and he is getting a nice pay from his team and sponsors to be a "tour de france contender"
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,146
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dekker_Tifosi, goggalor, GP Blanco, Marco Pantani, Noverca, Richeypen, solveeid, Sweeper and 51 guests

Back to top