Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

19 Dec 2012 14:55

Machado and oliveira will have similar schedules next year.

machado starts at the TDU and oliveira in qatar and after that they will race the same races:

Volta ao Algarve (13-17 febrero)
Driedaagse Van West-Vlaanderen (1-3 marzo)
Volta a Catalunya (18-24 marzo)
Tour de Romandía (23-28 abril)
Giro de Italia (4-26 mayo)
Tour de Luxemburgo (12-16 junio)

both are pre selected to ride the vuelta.

will this be the year machado finally delivers?
User avatar Parrulo

19 Dec 2012 14:56

El Pistolero wrote:I don't speak Spanish, but Hitch says he sees Vuelta as a prep race for the worlds. If I were him I'd see the Vuelta as an opportunity to actually win a good race. ;)

I was only loosely translating and the interview itself may have been a translation.from Italian. He was listing the advantages of every gt as he considers which one he wants to debut in. Doesn't necessarily mean he sees vuelta as a prep race. Could be that he thinks its an added advantage. Do the vuelta with whatever goals he has in mind and it will also fit in well.with another goal he has.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

19 Dec 2012 14:59

The Hitch wrote:I was only loosely translating and the interview itself may have been a translation.from Italian. He was listing the advantages of every gt as he considers which one he wants to debut in. Doesn't necessarily mean he sees vuelta as a prep race. Could be that he thinks its an added advantage. Do the vuelta with whatever goals he has in mind and it will also fit in well.with another goal he has.

Fair enough.

I hope he doesn't ride invisibly to prepare for a race he most likely won't be ready for yet(not that I can predict the future or anything).

I wonder if Pippo and Visconti are allowed to start next year's WC. They're quickly running out of capable men.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 15:02

The Hitch wrote:Surprised his close friend and website developer hasn't posted this yet but here is td 's schedule

How is TD? Thomas De Gendt, Tom Danielson or somebody else?
Gotland

19 Dec 2012 15:04

Gotland wrote:How is TD? Thomas De Gendt, Tom Danielson or somebody else?

Thomas Dekker? I don't know :p.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Dec 2012 15:05

Gotland wrote:How is TD? Thomas De Gendt, Tom Danielson or somebody else?

Thomas Dekker.

And the 'close friend and web developer' is Dekker_Tifosi :)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

19 Dec 2012 15:06

LaFlorecita wrote:Thomas Dekker? I don't know :p.

Thank you!
Gotland

Apologies.

Its Dekker
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

El Pistolero wrote:I mean stages in GT, not the overall GC. Seems like a perfectly normal goal to me for someone of his capabilities. I wouldn't worry too much about the WC yet if I were him.

Yes but the WC will be in Italy ;) He cannot ignore it.

In any case the Bettini-Vuelta-program means to racing as aggressive as possible and bonk at some point. So he certainly won't hide.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

19 Dec 2012 15:16

Parrulo wrote:

Only one forum member has the answer.
Dazed and Confused

19 Dec 2012 15:41

Parrulo wrote:will this be the year machado finally delivers?

Depends on what you expect of him, of course. He'll do well in Algarve, I predict :p
theyoungest

19 Dec 2012 16:31

Parrulo wrote:Machado and oliveira will have similar schedules next year.

machado starts at the TDU and oliveira in qatar and after that they will race the same races:

Volta ao Algarve (13-17 febrero)
Driedaagse Van West-Vlaanderen (1-3 marzo)
Volta a Catalunya (18-24 marzo)
Tour de Romandía (23-28 abril)
Giro de Italia (4-26 mayo)
Tour de Luxemburgo (12-16 junio)

both are pre selected to ride the vuelta.

Delivers what? :D
I don't know, he'll probably work for some 40-years old in both Catalunya and Romandie. Then drag himself to an anonymous top20 in the Giro. And what the hell is he doing at Van West-Vlaanderen? Maybe he'll win it the Sergent way if he gets his TT form back. And that's all :D Perhaps he'll win Algarve without Contador.
User avatar trevim

19 Dec 2012 19:03

theyoungest wrote:Depends on what you expect of him, of course. He'll do well in Algarve, I predict :p

oh ya he is always good in algarve but i would hope for a trully good result at the giro or one of the more important 1 week races.

trevim wrote:Delivers what? :D
I don't know, he'll probably work for some 40-years old in both Catalunya and Romandie. Then drag himself to an anonymous top20 in the Giro. And what the hell is he doing at Van West-Vlaanderen? Maybe he'll win it the Sergent way if he gets his TT form back. And that's all :D Perhaps he'll win Algarve without Contador.

he already rode himself into a top 20 position in the giro while being very unlucky with crashes and illness. honestly if he gets his peak right and doesn't crash or ill i would be very disappointed if he didn't improve significantly his performance.
User avatar Parrulo

19 Dec 2012 19:13

also just saw a picture of nelson oliveira from their last training camp, i knew he said he wanted to slim down to improve his climbing, but i never thought he wanted to make wiggins look like a sumo wrestler :o
User avatar Parrulo

19 Dec 2012 19:18

Parrulo wrote:also just saw a picture of nelson oliveira from their last training camp, i knew he said he wanted to slim down to improve his climbing, but i never thought he wanted to make wiggins look like a sumo wrestler :o

Akebono "Wiggins" Taro:

Dazed and Confused

19 Dec 2012 22:17

Parrulo wrote:also just saw a picture of nelson oliveira from their last training camp, i knew he said he wanted to slim down to improve his climbing, but i never thought he wanted to make wiggins look like a sumo wrestler :o

Oh well my guess is that if he couldn't climb with the weight he had, he never will considering he's was a thin guy already. We shall see.
About Machado, I'm still to be convinced he can climb at a really high level on a GT.
User avatar trevim

19 Dec 2012 22:24

trevim wrote:Oh well my guess is that if he couldn't climb with the weight he had, he never will considering he's was a thin guy already. We shall see.
About Machado, I'm still to be convinced he can climb at a really high level on a GT.

i agree with both, particularly the first part, oliveira was already only 67 or 68 kilos last year and he couldn't climb at all, being 65 won't make any difference.

machado always struggled in the mountains even at the volta (even tho he might have been on a lighter diet then many of the riders beating him back then) but one can hope, his performance in trentino back in 2011 was pretty good
User avatar Parrulo

20 Dec 2012 09:41

Froome19 wrote:Do not know but I would guess Cataldo would go considering his nationality..
Besides for that I can only guess and say that I hope Uran does it rather than the Tour. Henao as well, Pate very likely will go there I think as he is invaluable as a GT domestique, Kennaugh will go as well I think to give him more GT experience. I would like Siutsou to go, but I think he may focus on the Tour. Puccio may ride his first GT and I hope Dombrowski gets a first GT ride as well as he wont go to the Tour..

In short I really have no clue..:o

Porte, Knees and Kennaugh are (more or less) confirmed for the Giro. As you say Cataldo is very likely but beyond that I haven't read anything with regards to where the Colombians and the Belarusians are going.

I doubt Puccio and Dombrowski will go to the Giro with Wiggins targeting victory because they're too young.

I think you're looking at something like:

Wiggins
Porte
A Colombian or Belarusian
A Colombian or Belarusian
Cataldo
Kennaugh
Knees
Pate/Zandio
Eisel as road captain?
JRanton

20 Dec 2012 10:00

Ian Boswell (American neo pro at Sky)

Mallorca Challenge, Volta ao Algarve, Paris-Nice, Critérium International, Vuelta al País Vasco, the Ardennes classics and Tour de Suisse.

He also compares meeting Wiggins as the same as meeting Armstrong...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/12/news/boswell-settles-into-sky-life-in-mallorca-nice_269491
JRanton

20 Dec 2012 12:12

JRanton wrote:Ian Boswell (American neo pro at Sky)

Mallorca Challenge, Volta ao Algarve, Paris-Nice, Critérium International, Vuelta al País Vasco, the Ardennes classics and Tour de Suisse.

He also compares meeting Wiggins as the same as meeting Armstrong...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/12/news/boswell-settles-into-sky-life-in-mallorca-nice_269491

wow. so the clinic can now savely assume wiggo is a mentaly disordered liar who is doped to the moon. what an idiot
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing