Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Dec 2012 17:23

theyoungest wrote:Is it? I thought it was about why Emilia isn't a hilly classic ;)

Speaking of which, remember how Gerrans won on that very same climb in the Giro? And how he beat some unknown Kenyan rider in the process?

Lol, love how he pronounces Froome's name wrong.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

22 Dec 2012 17:27

Pentacycle wrote:I know that he's finished well in those races, but he's never immediately reacted well to any attack or accelleration, he's only got one tempo. That doesn't mean he can't get results. But the reason he doesn't ride the classics any more is that even in his best form he can't win one. He's a rider with solid climbing and good TT, he needs to ride one week races ftw before he even attempts a grand tour classification. GT's and classics haven't been very kind to him after all.

I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

22 Dec 2012 18:11

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:I suggest you watch Montreal 2010 or Quebec 2011

Especially Quebec 2011 where on a short 400m hill he even put Gilbert in slight trouble.
How do you explain that?
And how do you explain him dropping Vanendert on the Redoute in his first year as Pro?

Gesink can be 'explosive' when he wants to be, just never in the biggest races, because those guys (rodriguez/gilbert/evans etc) are even more explosive

This is going to the official Discussion Thread...
User avatar Pentacycle

27 Dec 2012 12:41

Big 1

Sagan

First part of the season will go as follows.

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

But he says that worlds is his 3rd big dream together with Fladers and Roubaix.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.:eek:- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent;))

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=58178
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

27 Dec 2012 12:44

he's such an endboss, how can anyone not be a fan _O_
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Dec 2012 13:28

The Hitch wrote:Big 1

Sagan

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

MSR and Flanders are his big goals but he says Flanders and Roubaix are the races he dreams of winning.

He also withdraws his name from the worlds saying Florence 2013 will be too hard for him after a tough season.

Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.:eek:- how much better can he get.

Also thinks Basso " our great captain" will be a force to be reckoned with, still.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent;))

Not Paris Roubaix, Flèche Wallone, L-B-L ? :eek:
Twenty-Nem

27 Dec 2012 13:51

The Hitch wrote:Big 1

Sagan

Tour de San Luis,
Oman
Tirreno-Adriático,
Milam-San Remo,
Gante-Wevelgem
Flanders
Amstel Gold Race

Let the wheelsucking begin lol.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 14:23

User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Dec 2012 14:31

Yes, Sagan has had the indecency to not be born with a Belgian passport.
theyoungest

27 Dec 2012 14:37

I'm not hating at all lol. Just that other cyclists will be stuck on his wheel when you say stuff like that. ;)

I actually think it's a courageous statement to make, albeit not a very smart one probably.

You guys act like such Calimero's you don't even realize it lol. :p

User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 14:46

El Pistolero wrote:Let the wheelsucking begin lol.

omg,are you afraid that Phil won't win hah?:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

27 Dec 2012 14:47

Ryo Hazuki wrote:he's such an endboss, how can anyone not be a fan _O_

yes,he is pretty awesome,and has good personality imo.I hope,one day, he will crush Tommeke and Canc in Roubaix(maybe 2014):cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

27 Dec 2012 14:54

ILovecycling wrote:omg,are you afraid that Phil won't win hah?:rolleyes:

He's not riding FW, LBL, GdL or the WC in Firenze? :confused:

So no, I'm not afraid Sagan will win races he doesn't enter. There's no doubt in my mind that Phil will get wheelsucked next season as well, am I a hater now? :o

ILovecycling wrote:yes,he is pretty awesome,and has good personality imo.I hope,one day, he will crush Tommeke and Canc in Roubaix(maybe 2014):cool:

Well duh, he's 10 years younger.

User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 15:18

People are welcome to wheelsuck Sagan, hell crush them all in the sprint anyway (including Boonen)

Same cannot be said for Gilbert
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

27 Dec 2012 15:22

The Hitch wrote:People are welcome to wheelsuck Sagan, hell crush them all in the sprint anyway (including Boonen)

Same cannot be said for Gilbert

If people wheelsuck him after the final selection is made he ain't winning a sprint.

In his races Phil is one of the fastest is he not? ;)

User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 15:26

El Pistolero wrote:If people wheelsuck him after the final selection is made he ain't winning a sprint.

In his races Phil is one of the fastest is he not? ;)

how abotu boonen wheelsucking his way to win most of his races, like the world championship in 2005, that you always brag about :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Dec 2012 15:28

Ryo Hazuki wrote:how abotu boonen wheelsucking his way to win most of his races, like the world championship in 2005, that you always brag about :rolleyes:

Lol, do you even watch cycling or just make stuff up because you hate Boonen? :D

It's just a fact people will wheelsuck Sagan if he makes such statements, whether he'll still win or not, who knows. He might very well still win or he might very well lose out. ;)

I don't see the Boonen connection by the way, I thought this was about Sagan? Seems the Sagan fans are getting ****-hurt and clutching at straws!

User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 15:42

El Pistolero wrote:I don't see the Boonen connection by the way, I thought this was about Sagan? Seems the Sagan fans are getting ****-hurt and clutching at straws!

Hes pointing out that you dont complain when Boonen wheelsucks, but cry wolf when say Pozzato does.

Anyway this thread is about rider schedules and race parcors. Maybe Boonen hasnt appeared because everyone knows what his schedule will be

San Luis - cos all the real sprinters are in TDU.
Qatar
Cobbled races
Paris Nice
MSR
Cobbled races
RVV
PR
Long rest
Post pictures on twitter which some kid called Joris always retweets and replies to
Long rest
Ride some crap autumn races in norhtern europe which end in a sprint but which no good sprinters have bothered with.
Rest
Select himself for the worlds ttt knowing that with Martin Velits Chav he doesnt have to do anything to call himself a world champion
Long rest.

Nice variation from the previous 10 years :rolleyes:

User avatar The Hitch

27 Dec 2012 15:46

The Hitch wrote:Hes pointing out that you dont complain when Boonen wheelsucks, but cry wolf when say Pozzato does.

Anyway this thread is about rider schedules and race parcors. Maybe Boonen hasnt appeared because everyone knows what his schedule will be

Qatar
Cobbled races
Paris Nice
MSR
Cobbled races
RVV
PR
Long rest
Post pictures on twitter which some kid called Joris always retweets and replies to
Long rest
Ride some crap autumn races in norhtern europe which end in a sprint but which no good sprinters have bothered with.
Rest
Select himself for the worlds ttt knowing that with Martin Velits Chav he doesnt have to do anything to call himself a world champion
Long rest.

Nice variation from the previous 10 years :rolleyes:

lol. true in it's entirety
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Dec 2012 15:46

The Hitch wrote:Hes pointing out that you dont complain when Boonen wheelsucks, but cry wolf when say Pozzato does.

Qatar
Cobbled races
Paris Nice
MSR
Cobbled races
RVV
PR
Long rest
Long rest
Rest
Long rest.

Nice variation from the previous 10 years

Boy, you guys really hate Boonen. Must have been a bad 10 years for you to see him win so much. :o

Please tell me one classic where Boonen wheelsucked his way to victory? ;)

And what has Pozzato to do with this?

Ps: this is only the second year he starts in San Luis. And at Qatar all the best sprinters are there yet he somehow beats them, how strange. ;) I thought you just said he was afraid of meeting up with them because he's not riding TDU?

Oh and he did Tirreno-Adriatico from 2007-2011. ;)

And did just as much work as anyone during the TTT. And rode the Tour-Vuelta just about every year when he could until this year.

The reason why his schedule hasn't been posted yet is because it hasn't been announced yet.

The period you describe as long rest he actually races. Tour of California/Tour of Belgium, Tour de Suisse and Belgian Nats. Pay more attention next time lol.

User avatar El Pistolero

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing