Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

27 Dec 2012 15:51

El Pistolero wrote:
Oh and he did Tirreno-Adriatico from 2007-2011. ;)

Never noticed him;)
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

27 Dec 2012 16:02

The Hitch wrote:Never noticed him;)

http://www.sporza.be/permalink/1.734559

I thought you described 2010 as a great year for RSC races? ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 16:13

El Pistolero wrote:http://www.sporza.be/permalink/1.734559

I thought you described 2010 as a great year for RSC races? ;)

I did. Was a great TA and a great Giro (lombardia sucked though;))
Didnt remember that Boonen won a stage that year though. And how many years you say he did TA. 5 you say? and how many stages did he win?

Anyway I dont remember who wins every stage of every race. For example I dont remember who won every stage of Paris nice that year either (though i do remember Sagan cos he won 2- you dont forget something like that;))
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

27 Dec 2012 16:16

The Hitch wrote:I did. Was a great TA and a great Giro. Didnt remember that Boonen won a stage that year though. And how many years you say he did TA. 5 you say? and how many stages did he win?
I dont remember who wins every stage of every race. For example I dont remember who won every stage of Paris nice that year either (though i do remember Sagan cos he won 2- you dont forget something like that;))

You were the one complaining about lack of variation in his schedule, not me. Just pointing out he did Tirreno-Adriatico instead of Paris-Nice for a long long time. Then you say you don't remember him as if he did nothing there. Well, he won a stage. Ain't that good enough for you?

I actually also remember most of Boonen's stage wins in Paris-Nice because some were pretty epic.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 16:39

the hitch wrote:i did. Was a great ta and a great giro (lombardia sucked though;))

wtf???????
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

27 Dec 2012 16:45

Eshnar wrote:wtf???????

I think it's just a tongue in cheek comment. ;)

User avatar El Pistolero

27 Dec 2012 16:47

David Lopez

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=58168

Riding the Giro with Wiggins and then the Vuelta with Henao as leader.
JRanton

27 Dec 2012 16:50

JRanton wrote:David Lopez

very interesting. seem at sky they understand henao is better than uran and more potential too
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Dec 2012 18:12

The Hitch wrote:Other than that he says that at 22 years of age he has to continue improving as a cyclist the way he improved every year for the last 3 years.:eek:- how much better can he get.

But the Slovak sees himself as the strongest on the team. And when asked who his rivals are replies " I have many rivals, but i crush them all" (or words to that extent;))

GT Winner :cool:

Love this kid, great attitude to have. :D

JRanton wrote:David Lopez

Good to see them giving Henao leadership, he deserves it.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

27 Dec 2012 22:15

I've just read Wiggo confirmed his participation in TA.
I'm looking forward to it. He and Contador are riding races to win. Should be entertaining duel.
Giro - Tour double attempt almost certain too. I'm looking forward to it as well.
User avatar serfla

28 Dec 2012 00:21

Edit: post claimed Contador announced he was doing Flanders.

Turns out its the day of the innocent saints - the new borns killed by Herod looking for the Nazarene, and the Spanish of course commemorate this believed massacre of thousands of innocent babies by pulling pranks on eachother.

In hindsight i got off likely. Had they said the Spanish footbal team doping programme went public or something i would have come off a lot worse.

User avatar The Hitch

28 Dec 2012 00:25

Are you kidding us???
Bushman

28 Dec 2012 00:27

Can't interpret it otherwise than to honor the race's centenary.
User avatar serfla

28 Dec 2012 00:43

The Hitch wrote:We interrupt this scheduling to bring in some BREAKING NEWS from Madrid.

sources in Spain are reporting that in amongst the usual Real Madrid babble on oficial fan radio station "Radio Marca" 2 earth shattering words were discerned that have left the cycling world in shock.

Highlight underneath to find out what those words were

[color="White"]Contador.

Flanders[/color]

[color="Red"]Im pretty sure its not a prank but bare with me for confirmation [/color]

*Scratching my head on that one* what happened to not racing any one day races next season :confused:

Though it should be fun and exciting if true :)
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork

28 Dec 2012 00:45

The Hitch wrote:We interrupt this scheduling to bring in some BREAKING NEWS from Madrid.

sources in Spain are reporting that in amongst the usual Real Madrid babble on oficial fan radio station "Radio Marca" 2 earth shattering words were discerned that have left the cycling world in shock.

Highlight underneath to find out what those words were

[color="White"]Contador.

Flanders[/color]

[color="Red"]Im pretty sure its not a prank but bare with me for confirmation [/color]

Wasn't he going to do Oman? Maybe in preparation for Flanders. Good to see him branching out if this is true, although I think he would find more success in the Ardennes.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

28 Dec 2012 00:49

Update. its flipping april fools day in spain :(

User avatar The Hitch

28 Dec 2012 01:23

Ryo Hazuki wrote:very interesting. seem at sky they understand henao is better than uran and more potential too

Where does this leave Uran? Leader for the Ardennes?
element

28 Dec 2012 02:33

element wrote:Where does this leave Uran? Leader for the Ardennes?

Joint, along Henao and JTL I guess. One feeling best on a day gets the lead. Also he'll do Tour in support of Froome. And his big goal of Worlds - Lombardia at the end of the season.
Gloin22

28 Dec 2012 08:23

The Hitch wrote:Hes pointing out that you dont complain when Boonen wheelsucks, but cry wolf when say Pozzato does.

Anyway this thread is about rider schedules and race parcors. Maybe Boonen hasnt appeared because everyone knows what his schedule will be

San Luis - cos all the real sprinters are in TDU.
Qatar
Cobbled races
Paris Nice
MSR
Cobbled races
RVV
PR
Long rest
Post pictures on twitter which some kid called Joris always retweets and replies to
Long rest
Ride some crap autumn races in norhtern europe which end in a sprint but which no good sprinters have bothered with.
Rest
Select himself for the worlds ttt knowing that with Martin Velits Chav he doesnt have to do anything to call himself a world champion
Long rest.

Nice variation from the previous 10 years :rolleyes:

It's funny cause it's true. :D Boonen used to care about Paris-Tours until a few years ago but this is the current Boonen in a nutshell. :p
SteelyDan

28 Dec 2012 10:12

The Hitch wrote:Update. its flipping april fools day in spain :(

Yeah they always get us off guard. :D
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing