Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Jan 2013 15:41

El Pistolero wrote:He'll be helping Tejay van Gardenen at Paris-Nice. Which is a shame again if you ask me.

Why? this can only mean that Tejay will pay him back big time in Liège ;)
User avatar Flamin

12 Jan 2013 15:43

Flamin wrote:Why? this can only mean that Tejay will pay him back big time in Liège ;)

Why would Tejay do Liege ? ...
Gloin22

12 Jan 2013 15:44

Gloin22 wrote:Why would Tejay do Liege ? ...

Why not? he did it last year..
User avatar Flamin

12 Jan 2013 15:45

Flamin wrote:Why not? he did it last year..

If he's doing PN, and them presumably Volta I would think he might not do Ardennes ( instead do Romandie as Wiggins last year ) Then prepare for the Tour and Worlds ITT is also his target I believe.
Gloin22

12 Jan 2013 15:48

Gloin22 wrote:If he's doing PN, and them presumably Volta I would think he might not do Ardennes ( instead do Romandie as Wiggins last year ) Then prepare for the Tour and Worlds ITT is also his target I believe.

oh well, I don't know his racing schedule, I was just assuming.. Did he confirm he'd do Romandie?

edit: I see he did both Liège and Romandie last year. so why you think he would skip Liège? :)
User avatar Flamin

12 Jan 2013 15:54

Gloin22 wrote:Why would Tejay do Liege ? ...

TJVG is in fact one of the better hilly riders, he did a lot of work on La Redoute for Gilbert this year. In 2011 he was 18th, and it would be good for him to try all three hilly classics.
User avatar Pentacycle

12 Jan 2013 17:12

Tejay as one of the better hilly riders is a bit of a stretch, but yeah he was pretty impressive working for for Gilbert last year. He just rode a time trial from the bottom of the Redoute to the Roche aux Faucons.

Gilbert returning the favour in Paris-Nice might look good on paper, but that would be a first.
theyoungest

12 Jan 2013 17:29

theyoungest wrote:Tejay as one of the better hilly riders is a bit of a stretch, but yeah he was pretty impressive working for for Gilbert last year. He just rode a time trial from the bottom of the Redoute to the Roche aux Faucons.

Gilbert returning the favour in Paris-Nice might look good on paper, but that would be a first.

He has helped before. ;)

Anyway, Phil is the big leader, not the other way around. They're supposed to work for him and if they don't they can always join a different team. I was actually under the assumption that Van Garderen needs to make something up. You know, the whole Cauberg incident...

When do we ever see Contador do domestique work for one of his (trade-)teammates? It's only natural that big riders don't have to work for their domestiques.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Jan 2013 17:35

No, I don't know. What Cauberg incident?
theyoungest

12 Jan 2013 17:39

theyoungest wrote:No, I don't know. What Cauberg incident?

How he made BMC lose the WC TTT.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Jan 2013 17:47

El Pistolero wrote:How he made BMC lose the WC TTT.
OMG, that's miopic. What about the massive turns he had to do? :rolleyes:
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

12 Jan 2013 17:51

El Pistolero wrote:Philippe Gilbert:

Tour Down Under
Tour of Oman
Paris-Nice

He also said he is more complete than Michele Bartoli and Paolo Bettini.

He'll be helping Tejay van Gardenen at Paris-Nice. Which is a shame again if you ask me. Also said if he'll do the Tour it will be to help Cadel Evans and Tejay van Gardenen. So I hope he skips it.

He better win Ronde or MSR then.

I would have preferred if he did T/A and the Giro instead of the Tour.

I am also a bit disappointed that Ronde and MSR aren't his main goals as having already won the Ardennes Triple, he should concentrate on winning the two.
User avatar the asian

12 Jan 2013 18:04

cineteq wrote:OMG, that's miopic. What about the massive turns he had to do? :rolleyes:

Anyone who's ever ridden a TTT will know that what Tejay did there was inexcusable. Rabobank's screwup was funnier though.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

12 Jan 2013 18:09

will10 wrote:Anyone who's ever ridden a TTT will know that what Tejay did there was inexcusable. Rabobank's screwup was funnier though.

indeed once a guy is dropped on a TTT is extremely hard for him to get back to the wheel and the whole team has to stop for it to happen. the fact that this happened on a climb with 90kg guy only made it worse.

then again he did something similar to evans on the tour :o
User avatar Parrulo

12 Jan 2013 20:42

will10 wrote:Anyone who's ever ridden a TTT will know that what Tejay did there was inexcusable. Rabobank's screwup was funnier though.

Inexcusable... maybe, but like Stef Clement said (the guy who dropped Luis Leon): you simply couldn't hear anything on the Cauberg.

BTW I don't think Gilbert gives a toss about that incident. It's not a Monument or something.
theyoungest

12 Jan 2013 21:09

theyoungest wrote:Inexcusable... maybe, but like Stef Clement said (the guy who dropped Luis Leon): you simply couldn't hear anything on the Cauberg.

BTW I don't think Gilbert gives a toss about that incident. It's not a Monument or something.

BMC gave a toss, it's a lot of publicity and 200 WT points. And Phil was actually pretty angry at the time.

You can still look back even if you can't hear a thing. The other guys all did.

User avatar El Pistolero

13 Jan 2013 14:45

Moreno Moser:
Gp Lugano
Camaiore
Strade Bianche
Tirreno-Adriatico
MSR
Criterium International
Gp Denain
Brabantse Pijl
Ardennes
Frankfurt
Trofeo Melinda
Dauphiné or Suisse
Tour
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

13 Jan 2013 15:06

the winner of PN has been found :p

Rui Costa's schedule appears to be:

Mallorca
Algarve
Paris Nice

the rest isn't defined yet but i assume:
vasco
ardennes
romandie
TdS
Tour

to be honest i don't know why he wants to ride the tour when the team will be 100% focused on valverde. he would be better off resting and riding the vuelta to prepare for the worlds.
User avatar Parrulo

13 Jan 2013 22:51

TA rumours: There could be a stage finish in Chieti after passo Lanciano, exactly like the stage tha got f*cked last year. The first part should be different though.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

13 Jan 2013 22:52

Parrulo wrote:the winner of PN has been found :p

Rui Costa's schedule appears to be:

Mallorca
Algarve
Paris Nice

the rest isn't defined yet but i assume:
vasco
ardennes
romandie
TdS
Tour

to be honest i don't know why he wants to ride the tour when the team will be 100% focused on valverde. he would be better off resting and riding the vuelta to prepare for the worlds.

And the Vuelta also has a better route than the Tour for him. Oh well, let's just hope he's out of Valverde's way in every other race.
User avatar trevim

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing