Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

14 Jan 2013 00:03

Parrulo wrote:to be honest i don't know why he wants to ride the tour when the team will be 100% focused on valverde. he would be better off resting and riding the vuelta to prepare for the worlds.

Maybe he want to be in good form to defend in the Tour De Suisse and wants to carry that good form into the Tour.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

14 Jan 2013 02:15

Eshnar wrote:TA rumours: There could be a stage finish in Chieti after passo Lanciano, exactly like the stage tha got f*cked last year. The first part should be different though.

lol, and just hope the weather is good?

Put that stage in the Giro ffs.
Ferminal

14 Jan 2013 08:51

trevim wrote:And the Vuelta also has a better route than the Tour for him. Oh well, let's just hope he's out of Valverde's way in every other race.

hmm. costa is just a helper. quintana, cobo and valverde are the leaders. quintana in suisse, vuelta(free role) and valverde in tour and vuelta and cobo in giro. then there is szmyd who gets to be leader in most smaller stage races(his words)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

14 Jan 2013 09:50

Ferminal wrote:lol, and just hope the weather is good?

yes. Just like they'll do during the Giro.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

14 Jan 2013 12:51

Ryo Hazuki wrote:hmm. costa is just a helper. quintana, cobo and valverde are the leaders. quintana in suisse, vuelta(free role) and valverde in tour and vuelta and cobo in giro. then there is szmyd who gets to be leader in most smaller stage races(his words)

hmmm ya right . . . . that makes sense :rolleyes:

and ya ya i know costa doesn't has half the talent the little Columbian have

p.s. costa will be such a helper that he will already be leader for PN. . . go figure
User avatar Parrulo

14 Jan 2013 13:26

Ryo Hazuki wrote:hmm. costa is just a helper. quintana, cobo and valverde are the leaders. quintana in suisse, vuelta(free role) and valverde in tour and vuelta and cobo in giro. then there is szmyd who gets to be leader in most smaller stage races(his words)

Now what race did Rui Costa win last year? I seem to remember it was somewhere in the Alps...
theyoungest

14 Jan 2013 13:29

trevim wrote:And the Vuelta also has a better route than the Tour for him. Oh well, let's just hope he's out of Valverde's way in every other race.

Valverde who helped him win TdS?

A bit of payback would be in order, no?
User avatar roundabout

14 Jan 2013 14:47

Parrulo wrote:hmmm ya right . . . . that makes sense :rolleyes:

and ya ya i know costa doesn't has half the talent the little Columbian have

p.s. costa will be such a helper that he will already be leader for PN. . . go figure

costa is leader for p-n because valverde doesn't ride there. in classics he probably is a leader too, but not in any gt, not even a free role
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

14 Jan 2013 14:47

theyoungest wrote:Now what race did Rui Costa win last year? I seem to remember it was somewhere in the Alps...

what does that have to do with it? he probably will be leader again there, but not in dauphinee or any gt. that was teh point. he won't even have a free role in any gt.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

14 Jan 2013 14:53

Ryo Hazuki wrote:what does that have to do with it? he probably will be leader again there, but not in dauphinee or any gt. that was teh point. he won't even have a free role in any gt.

the only leader that Movistar will have in the gt is Valverde, except the Giro. Nobody else will have a free role...
User avatar TeoSheva

14 Jan 2013 15:11

roundabout wrote:Valverde who helped him win TdS?

A bit of payback would be in order, no?

Of course but Movistar has a strong enough team to help Valverde other than Rui Costa. Also Rui's career at Movistar/Caisse has seen him helping his team leaders a number of times, including Valverde.
User avatar trevim

14 Jan 2013 16:05

TeoSheva wrote:the only leader that Movistar will have in the gt is Valverde, except the Giro. Nobody else will have a free role...

quintana will have free role in vuelta
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

14 Jan 2013 17:04

Ryo Hazuki wrote:quintana will have free role in vuelta

what does it mean? that he can attack everyone, even Valverde? or that if he's with Valverde and JRO and JRO goes he doesn't waste energy to help Valverde? come on, he can have the chance to win some stages, but first of all he will be an helper...
User avatar TeoSheva

14 Jan 2013 17:33

TeoSheva wrote:what does it mean? that he can attack everyone, even Valverde? or that if he's with Valverde and JRO and JRO goes he doesn't waste energy to help Valverde? come on, he can have the chance to win some stages, but first of all he will be an helper...

it means he will go for gc, along with valverde. I very much doubt valverde will even be competetive after the tour in another gt and I think movistar think the same
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

14 Jan 2013 17:39

Ryo Hazuki wrote:it means he will go for gc, along with valverde. I very much doubt valverde will even be competetive after the tour in another gt and I think movistar think the same

I fear that Cobo will be the co-leader with Valverde at the Vuelta, because Caisse d' Epagne made bad experiences with Uran when they gave him grand tour leadership.

In fact Cobo himself of course, got an history in failing to get form at nearly every grand tour he enters, expect of the Tour 2008 and the Vuelta 2011.
User avatar staubsauger

15 Jan 2013 10:26

Amstel Gold Race will finish in Berg en Terblijt, like the World Championships.

http://www.l1.nl/sport/202979-finish-amstel-gold-race-niet-meer-bovenop-cauberg
User avatar GP Blanco

15 Jan 2013 10:33

GP Blanco wrote:Amstel Gold Race will finish in Berg en Terblijt, like the World Championships.

Finally Philippe Gilbert gets a chance to win the Amstel Gold Race ;)
theyoungest

15 Jan 2013 10:35

I hope Boonen rides Amstel.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

15 Jan 2013 10:36

will10 wrote:I hope Boonen rides Amstel.

Amstel is harder than the Worlds, if he was in trouble at the Worlds surely he won't contend in Amstel.
theyoungest

15 Jan 2013 10:51

GP Blanco wrote:Amstel Gold Race will finish in Berg en Terblijt, like the World Championships.

That makes my prediction that EBH will win AGR this year at least somewhat realistic :p

I think it might be a good change, makes the race less predictable and increases the number of possible winners. And Gilbert won't get a free victory even if he's on form.
maltiv

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing