Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 Jan 2013 07:09

IMO Valverde has a better chance of a podium at the Tour than Purito.
User avatar the asian

20 Jan 2013 11:10

I don't think this has been posted yet, so here goes:

Rafal Majka:

Tour de Méditerranéen
Tirreno - Adriatico
Volta a Catalunya
Tour de Romandie
Giro d'Italia

Source: http://feltet.dk/nyheder/rafal_majka_klar_til_nyt_stort_giro-sats/

This interview is mostly about him peaking for the Giro.
User avatar The Blues

20 Jan 2013 12:12

the asian wrote:IMO Valverde has a better chance of a podium at the Tour than Purito.
Totally! Purito + no bonus secs = out of contention.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

20 Jan 2013 12:16

Miburo wrote:He still believes that?

Not gonna happen, but not impossible though, who would have thought purito would have podium'd in 2 GT's

Never seen better contradiction :p

Anyway, I think he stands a chance this year. He can do it with bits of luck here or there.
Gloin22

20 Jan 2013 14:16

Gloin22 wrote:Never seen better contradiction :p

Anyway, I think he stands a chance this year. He can do it with bits of luck here or there.

Well i don't see it happening but i'm not gonna say it's completely impossible :D
User avatar Miburo

20 Jan 2013 14:27

The Blues wrote:I don't think this has been posted yet, so here goes:

Rafal Majka:

Tour de Méditerranéen
Tirreno - Adriatico
Volta a Catalunya
Tour de Romandie
Giro d'Italia

poor rafal will he get to lead in la vuelta now that Alberto will ride il giro?
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 Jan 2013 14:32

LaFlorecita wrote:poor rafal will he get to lead in la vuelta now that Alberto will ride il giro?

Tbh I dont think its a part of Riis's plan for him to do the Giro. I think he wants to do it, but lets see if it actually happens. Could be a big bluff.
User avatar Cimber

20 Jan 2013 14:47

Majka probably doesn't mind riding for Contador, it's not like he's an established rider with lots of results to back up. He can wait.
User avatar trevim

20 Jan 2013 14:54

trevim wrote:Majka probably doesn't mind riding for Contador, it's not like he's an established rider with lots of results to back up. He can wait.

Ofc. But the weird thing is that he says he will riding for the GC in the Giro the exact same day Bertie, allegedly, says he will ride the Giro to win. Some communication problem in the team is this is indeed the case.
User avatar Cimber

20 Jan 2013 15:03

Cimber wrote:Ofc. But the weird thing is that he says he will riding for the GC in the Giro the exact same day Bertie, allegedly, says he will ride the Giro to win. Some communication problem in the team is this is indeed the case.

Someone on twitter mentioned the points issue. majka can score points for the team while Alberto can't. It wouldn't make any sense...
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 Jan 2013 15:04

LaFlorecita wrote:Someone on twitter mentioned the points issue. majka can score points for the team while Alberto can't. It wouldn't make any sense...

maybe they can make a 1-2 like sky in last year's tour:p
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

20 Jan 2013 15:19

jens_attacks wrote:maybe they can make a 1-2 like sky in last year's tour:p

Lol that would be funny :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 Jan 2013 15:38

Cimber wrote:Ofc. But the weird thing is that he says he will riding for the GC in the Giro the exact same day Bertie, allegedly, says he will ride the Giro to win. Some communication problem in the team is this is indeed the case.

Majkas info is already a couple of days old.
janraaskalt

20 Jan 2013 17:24

argyllflyer

20 Jan 2013 19:42

The Blues wrote:I don't think this has been posted yet, so here goes:

Rafal Majka:

Tour de Méditerranéen
Tirreno - Adriatico
Volta a Catalunya
Tour de Romandie
Giro d'Italia

Great. The 1 rider in the peloton who speaks my language and he does his interviews in ****ing danish.

trevim wrote:Majka probably doesn't mind riding for Contador, it's not like he's an established rider with lots of results to back up. He can wait.

Majka probably loves riding for Contador, considering how he was bragging post Vuelta that Contador was gonna be twice as good at the Tour.

LaFlorecita wrote:Someone on twitter mentioned the points issue. majka can score points for the team while Alberto can't. It wouldn't make any sense...

So Contador will ride Giro as domestique for Majka? Got it.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

20 Jan 2013 19:44

Majka probably loves riding for Contador, considering how he was bragging post Vuelta that Contador was gonna be twice as good at the Tour.

The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

20 Jan 2013 19:50

The Hitch wrote:Majka probably loves riding for Contador, considering how he was bragging post Vuelta that Contador was gonna be twice as good at the Tour.

Aww <3

No, Saxo need the points Majka could score so Alberto can't race.
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 Jan 2013 19:59

LaFlorecita wrote:Aww <3

No, Saxo need the points Majka could score so Alberto can't race.

Majkas not going to score any points at the Giro.

He might get 2 wt points or something for coming 4th on a stage if he loses enough time to be able to breakaway. If he really overperforms and gets top 15 on gc he might get another 14 points.

User avatar The Hitch

20 Jan 2013 20:08

Majka ambition is top 10, stage win and white jersey, not incompatible with Alberto win/podium goal.

Majka can take advantage of Alberto's doing in race. No pressure, not the wheel to follow and no responsability to chase Alberto's attacks.

And we have to see how Wiggo manages a climb without Froome pacing him;)
User avatar Forunculo

20 Jan 2013 20:15

The Hitch wrote:Majkas not going to score any points at the Giro.

He might get 2 wt points or something for coming 4th on a stage if he loses enough time to be able to breakaway. If he really overperforms and gets top 15 on gc he might get another 14 points.

So? That's 16 points more than Alberto scored in the last 2 years and will score in the coming 2 years.
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing