Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 Jan 2013 20:20

The Hitch wrote:Majkas not going to score any points at the Giro.

He might get 2 wt points or something for coming 4th on a stage if he loses enough time to be able to breakaway. If he really overperforms and gets top 15 on gc he might get another 14 points.

So,if Majka will not score points in the Giro,he will be leader only on the Tour of Pologne?
calinmarian

20 Jan 2013 20:24

calinmarian wrote:So,if Majka will not score points in the Giro,he will be leader only on the Tour of Pologne?

They might give him leadership for the Vuelta.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

20 Jan 2013 20:28

Afrank wrote:They might give him leadership for the Vuelta.

Roche wants to be a leader there and I'm guessing Kreuziger does, too.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

20 Jan 2013 20:31

Forunculo wrote:
And we have to see how Wiggo manages a climb without Froome pacing him;)

Or in a real high mountain stage, for that matter. La Toussuire was the closest thing we got and he was close to the boiling point there... no doubt about it.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

20 Jan 2013 20:38

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Roche wants to be a leader there and I'm guessing Kreuziger does, too.

Perhaps duel leadership between Majka-Roche or Majka-Kreuziger, if Majka really wants leadership in a GT. I see Majka as having more potential than Roche at least, possibly Kreuziger too depending on how he develops.

Contador doing Giro shouldn't interfere that much with Majka's goals though, he should still be able to go for a top 10, white, and maybe a stage win even with Contador there. After all Contador isn't like Wiggins, doesn't need a guy to pace him up climbs.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

20 Jan 2013 20:45

LaFlorecita wrote:So? That's 16 points more than Alberto scored in the last 2 years and will score in the coming 2 years.

The sponsor air time gained for contador merely showing his face at the giro, yet alone contending for the win, is a.far more important factor to take into account than a handful of wt points. According to some the importance of wt points to the wt license process is greatly overrated anyway.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

20 Jan 2013 21:16

The Hitch wrote:The sponsor air time gained for contador merely showing his face at the giro, yet alone contending for the win, is a.far more important factor to take into account than a handful of wt points. According to some the importance of wt points to the wt license process is greatly overrated anyway.

Exactly: Saxo would want WT license points to be able to present themselves in the big races. It would be illogical to send a lesser team this year to gain WT license points to be able to present themselves in the big races the following year. They have the opportunity this year. Race! Win!
janraaskalt

20 Jan 2013 22:31

LaFlorecita wrote:poor rafal will he get to lead in la vuelta now that Alberto will ride il giro?

is contador doing giro this year? :confused:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Jan 2013 22:35

Ryo Hazuki wrote:is contador doing giro this year? :confused:

Where have you been today. You lost quite an entertaining afternoon. :p
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

20 Jan 2013 23:02

Eshnar wrote:Where have you been today. You lost quite an entertaining afternoon. :p

I was out since yesterday. what happened and where? :P

this is most excellent news. goodbye wiggins
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

21 Jan 2013 01:25

The Hitch wrote:Majkas not going to score any points at the Giro.

He might get 2 wt points or something for coming 4th on a stage if he loses enough time to be able to breakaway. If he really overperforms and gets top 15 on gc he might get another 14 points.

Ya, if points were really a concern they wouldn't be relying upon Majka... they'd send one of the three who have actually got GT top10s.

Rogers will do the P-N/Romandie/Dauphine triple anyway, should leave them pretty safe.
Ferminal

21 Jan 2013 01:26

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Or in a real high mountain stage, for that matter. La Toussuire was the closest thing we got and he was close to the boiling point there... no doubt about it.

He could also easily follow Nibali on the Peyresourde.
User avatar roundabout

21 Jan 2013 07:36

roundabout wrote:He could also easily follow Nibali on the Peyresourde.

They all seemed to be on the limit to me. He managed to close the gap with the help of Froome, yes, but I don't think he could have closed it by himself. Not that it matters, though, as Nibali was no threat and he would have caught him in the very straightforward descent.

But, like I said, in my opinion La Toussuire was the closest thing we got to a true high mountain stage. Pau - Bagneres suited the big engines more. Long valleys, not so hard climbs. Madeleine - Croix de Fer is something else entirely.
18-Valve. (pithy)

21 Jan 2013 09:12

Ryo Hazuki wrote:I was out since yesterday. what happened and where? :P

this is most excellent news. goodbye wiggins

nothing happened actually. Only some journalist decided to cause all sort of havoc in the forums worldwide :D
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

User avatar Eshnar

21 Jan 2013 10:29

Ferminal

21 Jan 2013 10:36

what's the lollish part? :confused: I don't understand

User avatar Eshnar

21 Jan 2013 10:38

Eshnar wrote:what's the lollish part? :confused: I don't understand

Last climb with 71 to go I guess.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

21 Jan 2013 10:40

Netserk wrote:Last climb with 71 to go I guess.

Oh. Isn't it usual for PN? :p

User avatar Eshnar

21 Jan 2013 16:10

1 team time trial, 1 individual time trial, 2 stages for sprinters, 2 stages for finisseurs and 1 mountain stage: this is the menu of Tirreno Adriatico 2013 (March 6th-12th), that will be unveiled on Monday January 28th! http://bit.ly/Wi3mtQ
And Contador, Evans, Nibali, Rodriguez, Wiggins between the protagonists...

on the giro's facebook page.

i suppose finisseurs are puncheurs.

not very surprising i guess, as every was already expecting something like this. the real question is: " how many stages over 240km?"

i am going with 3:p
User avatar Parrulo

21 Jan 2013 16:25

Parrulo wrote:on the giro's facebook page.

i suppose finisseurs are puncheurs.

not very surprising i guess, as every was already expecting something like this. the real question is: " how many stages over 240km?"

i am going with 3:p

Would they call Rocca di Cambio a stage for "finisseurs" or a mountain stage?
theyoungest

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing