Log in:  

Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

28 Jan 2013 15:16

Upon closer inspection I don't mind Stage 6. The sequence of hills provides ample opportunity to race and the final one is quite rampy. I guess it's a bit like the finish a couple of years back where Gilbert got Poels on the line, very good stage that was (although it was harder and longer).
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,769
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

28 Jan 2013 15:18

i can't find the profile for last years chieti stage but looking at the small profile of the entire race it seems, just like feminal said, that there is a bigger run in then there was last year :o
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,172
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

28 Jan 2013 15:23

Stage 3:
Image

Stage 4:
Image

Stage 5:
Image

Stage 6:
Image
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,704
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

28 Jan 2013 15:30

I see what they've done, it's probably better, the first half of the climb into Chieti is now a big ramp too.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,769
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

28 Jan 2013 15:33

I'm at the mobile so I'm not sure... It seems the road to Chieti is shorter but flatter than last year. overall seems a good route.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,763
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

28 Jan 2013 16:43

prati di tivo:
Image
passo lanciano:

Image

Seems pretty good to me, stage 5 can be very awesome.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,850
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

28 Jan 2013 17:15

Miburo wrote:prati di tivo:
Image
passo lanciano:

Image

Seems pretty good to me, stage 5 can be very awesome.

You don't remember the same stage from last year?
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

28 Jan 2013 17:28

Ferminal wrote:Upon closer inspection I don't mind Stage 6. The sequence of hills provides ample opportunity to race and the final one is quite rampy. I guess it's a bit like the finish a couple of years back where Gilbert got Poels on the line, very good stage that was (although it was harder and longer).


It looks like there's less than 400 meters of altitude gain in the last 40 kms. The last 8 kms or so are flat, too. I'm guessing that Sky and Saxo can control this one
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

28 Jan 2013 18:17

theyoungest wrote:You don't remember the same stage from last year?


where do you think i got the profile from? :D
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,850
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

28 Jan 2013 18:30

Miburo wrote:where do you think i got the profile from? :D

Cyclingcols.com ?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,704
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

29 Jan 2013 07:59

Who would be favorite with this TA profile?
Leendert82
Junior Member
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 28 Dec 2012 07:08

29 Jan 2013 08:14

Leendert82 wrote:Who would be favorite with this TA profile?


Contador.

But I rate Froome equally. That seems to be a minority opinion, though.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

29 Jan 2013 08:54

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Contador.

But I rate Froome equally. That seems to be a minority opinion, though.


If the problems with Bilharzia aren't disturbing him too much I rate Froome higher with the TTT.
I like cyclists dressed in orange.
User avatar hoerpi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 368
Joined: 08 Jan 2012 12:35
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

29 Jan 2013 09:39

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Contador.

But I rate Froome equally. That seems to be a minority opinion, though.

Because it makes no sense. Froome has never won a stage race.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

29 Jan 2013 09:50

theyoungest wrote:Because it makes no sense. Froome has never won a stage race.



Yes, I was aware that he didn't but Dauphine showed that he can be competitive in a one-week stage race. He doesn't have Wiggins to worry about anymore, either.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

29 Jan 2013 10:16

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:It looks like there's less than 400 meters of altitude gain in the last 40 kms. The last 8 kms or so are flat, too. I'm guessing that Sky and Saxo can control this one


But the 40km before that has 6 climbs 4 of which have steep ramps. If the desire is there, anything is possible.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,769
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

29 Jan 2013 17:41

Der Effe wrote:Does anyone know what Rabo/Blanco's Flemish classic specialists (Boom, Vanmarcke, Wynants) racing schedule will be? Can't seem to find any info...

Lars Boom:
Tour Méditerranéen, Haut Var, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix.

Sep Vanmarcke:
Challenge a Mallorca, Volta ao Algarve, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

29 Jan 2013 17:47

theyoungest wrote:Lars Boom:
Tour Méditerranéen, Haut Var, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix.

Sep Vanmarcke:
Challenge a Mallorca, Volta ao Algarve, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix.


They aren't doing MSR?
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

29 Jan 2013 17:54

the asian wrote:They aren't doing MSR?

Apparently not. I think Luisle had it on his program (if they've not benched him by then), and probably Mark Renshaw.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

29 Jan 2013 18:07

User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,404
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: checked, damian13ster, IndianCyclist, rokopt, zlev11 and 41 guests

Back to top