Register

2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 Feb 2013 10:55

Bavarianrider wrote:Tony Martin will race Tirreno Adriatico instead of Paris Nice

Interesting decision... although neither of the courses suits him that well. Paris Nice with the uphill time trial, and Tirreno with too much climbing.
theyoungest

20 Feb 2013 13:05

Duartista wrote:His first race will be Catalunya. He is busy setting up a regional team in Venezuela at the moment, it seems.

Thanks! I'd rather see him racing some more, but alas, as long as he gets into the Giro in a good shape I'm content.
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

20 Feb 2013 13:13

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:Thanks! I'd rather see him racing some more, but alas, as long as he gets into the Giro in a good shape I'm content.

it's f;n cold in europe. not much use for him
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Feb 2013 13:16

Bavarianrider wrote:Tony Martin will race Tirreno Adriatico instead of Paris Nice

Interesting.. Do you know how the "rest" of his schedule looks like?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet

20 Feb 2013 13:49

Chris Horner annouces a few day ago a schedule much the same as last year.

Schedule looks like Tirreno, Catalunya, Pais Vasco and then back for @AmgenTourofCali in May. Looking forward to getting the season started!

Althought he's mention nothing about the Ardennes Classics. (He rode them all last year still sick from mid Pias Vasco) I think he would prefer to do just Amstel alone and then return the Cali. The Cali organization there must have been listening to whiners like me and has improved itself with three uphill finishes!

The Cali should really be his ultimate goal I would think, but he will always contest a race given the chance. Maybe limiting his expectation would be wiser because the Cali could be a win for him in a likely last season despite what he is saying.

His name has not been mentioned as a favourite at TA and even with a similar Cancellera led squad (prepping for MSR) this year's field has more depth, still a top is 10 ten is likely if he's the protected rider. And Pais Vasco? The oldster can do well if he remains healthy, but the Cali is his only likely possible win.

Another grand tour? Maybe.
I tell ya, it's not the water.
User avatar BillytheKid

20 Feb 2013 15:29

BillytheKid wrote:Chris Horner annouces a few day ago a schedule much the same as last year.

Schedule looks like Tirreno, Catalunya, Pais Vasco and then back for @AmgenTourofCali in May. Looking forward to getting the season started!

Althought he's mention nothing about the Ardennes Classics. (He rode them all last year still sick from mid Pias Vasco) I think he would prefer to do just Amstel alone and then return the Cali. The Cali organization there must have been listening to whiners like me and has improved itself with three uphill finishes!

The Cali should really be his ultimate goal I would think, but he will always contest a race given the chance. Maybe limiting his expectation would be wiser because the Cali could be a win for him in a likely last season despite what he is saying.

His name has not been mentioned as a favourite at TA and even with a similar Cancellera led squad (prepping for MSR) this year's field has more depth, still a top is 10 ten is likely if he's the protected rider. And Pais Vasco? The oldster can do well if he remains healthy, but the Cali is his only likely possible win.

Another grand tour? Maybe.

He should ride the Vuelta because of all the uphill finishes. If RSLT was smart they would send Andy and Frank there, plus Horner, and they could probably win the overal. I have doubts that Andy will be ready to compete for the win at the Tour so he should do the Vuelta with his brother and Horner, and RSLT would have 3 really strong guys to choose as a leader once they hit the mountains.
User avatar Unkown

20 Feb 2013 15:40

Hugo Koblet wrote:Interesting.. Do you know how the "rest" of his schedule looks like?

Basque, Romandie, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Dauphine, Tour.
macnir

20 Feb 2013 15:49

Unkown wrote:He should ride the Vuelta because of all the uphill finishes. If RSLT was smart they would send Andy and Frank there, plus Horner, and they could probably win the overal. I have doubts that Andy will be ready to compete for the win at the Tour so he should do the Vuelta with his brother and Horner, and RSLT would have 3 really strong guys to choose as a leader once they hit the mountains.

I have doubts they can ever race cohesively as a winning Grand Tour Team, but I have always said Horner could do well as a stage hunter in the Vuelta, buth RSLT seem to be overall team title go-getters..which is not exactly stellar. His age is becoming a factor despite what he says. I think he can still ride well and this Cali has many of the same elements that allowed him to win the race in 2011. The opening stages are on his home roads. That will be his focus short term I am almost certain.
User avatar BillytheKid

20 Feb 2013 15:53

BillytheKid wrote:I have doubts they can ever race cohesively as a winning Grand Tour Team, but I have always said Horner could do well as a stage hunter in the Vuelta, buth RSLT seem to be overall team title go-getters..which is not exactly stellar. His age is becoming a factor despite what he says. I think he can still ride well and this Cali has many of the same elements that allowed him to win the race in 2011. The opening stages are on his home roads. That will be his focus short term I am almost certain.

Yes, Cali should be his biggest goal of the season, and I am sure it is in his mind too. I wonder if he has big ambitions for the Tour, sure he would love to go if he could. Hard for me to se RSLT taking him though will all the young talent they have coming up.
User avatar Unkown

20 Feb 2013 15:55

macnir wrote:Basque, Romandie, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Dauphine, Tour.

Romandie would be a departure from the Ardennes, but makes sense. I had not heard anything beyond Vasco. Where did you hear the rest?
User avatar BillytheKid

20 Feb 2013 15:58

Unkown wrote:Yes, Cali should be his biggest goal of the season, and I am sure it is in his mind too. I wonder if he has big ambitions for the Tour, sure he would love to go if he could. Hard for me to se RSLT taking him though will all the young talent they have coming up.

Spot on.

Also, the Vuelta is out of the limelight, which is better in the current climate in the US, but I wonder if he knows that.
User avatar BillytheKid

20 Feb 2013 16:42

BillytheKid wrote:Romandie would be a departure from the Ardennes, but makes sense. I had not heard anything beyond Vasco. Where did you hear the rest?

His website. He just updated the calendar
actually I'm expecting him a re-try at Ardennes
macnir

26 Feb 2013 13:17

Anyone else worried that Amaury are going to **** up the Crit International route by turning it into July recon?
Ferminal

26 Feb 2013 14:32

Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

26 Feb 2013 15:59

Ferminal wrote:Anyone else worried that Amaury are going to **** up the Crit International route by turning it into July recon?

I'd wish it was the other way round :o
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

26 Feb 2013 18:10

Ferminal wrote:Anyone else worried that Amaury are going to **** up the Crit International route by turning it into July recon?

then they would only change the first stage, which is always flat anyway
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

06 Mar 2013 13:12

The 3rd stage of Giro Del Trentino will finish at Condino. It will be a medium mountain stage.
So the route is complete.
April 16th: a) Lienz-Lienz ??? kms; b) Lienz TTT 15 kms
April 17th: Sillian - VetrioloTerme MTF 220 kms
April 18th: Pergine Valsugana - Condino 170 kms
April 19th: Arco - Sega di Ala MTF ??? kms
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

08 Mar 2013 13:47

As it seems, the Sky guys have horrible weather on Teide.

Would´ve been better to stay for Tirreno or P-N, but who could´ve known.
RHRH19861986

08 Mar 2013 13:52

RHRH19861986 wrote:As it seems, the Sky guys have horrible weather on Teide.

Would´ve been better to stay for Tirreno or P-N, but who could´ve known.

ahahahaha. oh the iorny, of what maltiv said yesterday.... :o
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

08 Mar 2013 14:58

Ryo Hazuki wrote:ahahahaha. oh the iorny, of what maltiv said yesterday.... :o

What did he say? :confused::)
RHRH19861986

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing