Log in:  

Register

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

08 Jan 2013 19:41

so Spanish team Caja Rural will be sending:

ARROYO DURAN David Spain
CARDOSO Andre Fernando S. Martins Portugal
FERRARI Fabricio Uruguay
GOMEZ Yelko Panama
LASCA Francesco Italy
MOYANO Josue Argentina

International indeed. Cardoso FTW.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,311
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

08 Jan 2013 19:44

Dazed and Confused wrote:so Spanish team Caja Rural will be sending:

ARROYO DURAN David Spain
CARDOSO Andre Fernando S. Martins Portugal
FERRARI Fabricio Uruguay
GOMEZ Yelko Panama
LASCA Francesco Italy
MOYANO Josue Argentina

International indeed. Cardoso FTW.


be afraid. . . . be very afraid :cool: :p
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,195
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

08 Jan 2013 22:46

Poor Arroyo having to do domestique work to the great Cardoso:D
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,389
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

09 Jan 2013 06:09

trevim wrote:Poor Arroyo having to do domestique work to the great Cardoso:D


Is this Cardoso expecting to put big attacks on Contador?I feel bad for Arroyo,three years ago he finished second to Ivan Basso in the Giro and he is a domestique for an unknown portuguese.
calinmarian
Junior Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: 03 Dec 2012 12:52

09 Jan 2013 09:33

calinmarian wrote:Is this Cardoso expecting to put big attacks on Contador?I feel bad for Arroyo,three years ago he finished second to Ivan Basso in the Giro and he is a domestique for an unknown portuguese.


Saxo's team:

CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto Spain
HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus Spain
NOVAL GONZALEZ Benjamin Spain
PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira Portugal
PIRES Bruno Portugal
SØRENSEN Nicki Denmark

Strong enough to take on Cardoso and Co? Only just.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,311
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

09 Jan 2013 18:09

Tour de San Luis 2013 promo video with narration in Spanish

http://youtu.be/Dyv7Fc7sZes

:)
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork
Junior Member
 
Posts: 199
Joined: 22 Aug 2012 18:09

09 Jan 2013 18:59

Cykelbloggar wrote:I think you have to start think otherwise, how many in Quatar knows about Cav, Boonen..etc ? Or In Maylaysia, how mant knew who Guardini is etc??

//Fritz


what? this doesn't make any sense :confused:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

09 Jan 2013 23:28

sacrifice&hardwork wrote:Tour de San Luis 2013 promo video with narration in Spanish

http://youtu.be/Dyv7Fc7sZes

:)


Thanks.
Footage gives me slight hope.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,311
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

16 Jan 2013 23:42

Who do you think will win the time trial?
Team Riis
Junior Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 07 Feb 2011 12:22

17 Jan 2013 00:14

Good question. Id guess some of the better time trialists wont have it form wise and an ok tter who comes in with form like Nibali maybe, could take it.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,985
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

17 Jan 2013 00:19

Team Riis wrote:Who do you think will win the time trial?


Tuft, Castroviejo, Malori or perhaps Chavanel.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,311
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

17 Jan 2013 00:29

The Hitch wrote:Good question. Id guess some of the better time trialists wont have it form wise and an ok tter who comes in with form like Nibali maybe, could take it.


maybe, yes, but with Peraud, van Garderen, Kwiatkowski, Malori, Castroviejo, Tuft, Chavanel and so on there are plenty of guys which are capable of beating Nibali in a ~20km timetrial, you would expect at least one of them to have the form to do so.
User avatar search
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 29 Aug 2009 10:43

17 Jan 2013 00:48

search wrote:maybe, yes, but with Peraud, van Garderen, Kwiatkowski, Malori, Castroviejo, Tuft, Chavanel and so on there are plenty of guys which are capable of beating Nibali in a ~20km timetrial, you would expect at least one of them to have the form to do so.


Chav is as good as any of them and he lost to Nibali last year.
cant see the others bringing it. 17k suits TUFT well, but he sucks without Augusterone.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,985
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

17 Jan 2013 04:51

Why mention nibali and not Contador?

Granted I don't think Contador willl win it but Contador is a way better TT'er than Nibali, and i doubt his form will be so much better than Contador's.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,933
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

17 Jan 2013 07:17

Miburo wrote:Why mention nibali and not Contador?

Granted I don't think Contador willl win it but Contador is a way better TT'er than Nibali, and i doubt his form will be so much better than Contador's.


It is funny because I think on top form Alberto beats all of them :D and no one even mentions him :o
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,154
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

17 Jan 2013 08:30

Daniel Diaz for GC.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

17 Jan 2013 08:55

Miburo wrote:Why mention nibali and not Contador?

Granted I don't think Contador willl win it but Contador is a way better TT'er than Nibali, and i doubt his form will be so much better than Contador's.

Last year Nibali did beat Contador in that San Luis TT.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

17 Jan 2013 11:12

theyoungest wrote:Last year Nibali did beat Contador in that San Luis TT.


In the tour 2011 Rolland also dropped Contador, but that doesn't change the fact that in 99% of the times he'll be destroyed ;)
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,933
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

17 Jan 2013 11:22

The Hitch wrote:Chav is as good as any of them and he lost to Nibali last year.


...and did beat him in every other timetrial in 2012.
User avatar search
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: 29 Aug 2009 10:43

17 Jan 2013 13:28

search wrote:...and did beat him in every other timetrial in 2012.



January has different rules to the rest of the season. Of course chav is a much better tter but the point i was making is that its more about.form and nibali does like to bring the form, even in January.


LaFlorecita wrote:It is funny because I think on top form Alberto beats all of them :D and no one even mentions him :o


That's because no.one expects contador to be "top form" since he clearly said he doesn't intend to be. But he has a good chance at winning the tt nonetheless, if that gives you comfort.
Miburo wrote:In the tour 2011 Rolland also dropped Contador, but that doesn't change the fact that in 99% of the times he'll be destroyed ;)


If you.reset the circumstances back to what they were on alpe d hiez then rolland probably could drop contador again.

Well with this tt we are resetting the circumstances. So.nibali.might beat The Great One like he did last year.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,985
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MikeTichondrius, skidmark, woodburn and 21 guests

Back to top